Player Watch Lachlan Sholl - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love for him to run and carry the ball more than he does and break some
Lines that way, he’s not the most penetrating kick as he generally goes either short spot ups or longer dump kicks down the line to a contest.

He’s putting together a solid year and is one of the few who have genuinely improved on last year, but there’s still a heap of room for improvement.

You know your years going south when Sholl is one of your few highlights.

A player who will get physically destroyed in high intensity finals.

Sholl isn't going anywhere, has been consistently solid going back to the North Melbourne game. Lots of passengers yesterday and he wasn't one of them. Obviously has weaknesses but at least does have some AFL level traits as well to offset them.

This kid is a gun

Thankfully our club doesn't need to have former players endlessly hyping up players because if Sholl was at Port you can bet your bottom dollar that both Kane and Dwayne would be massively hyping up Sholl as one of the best youngsters in the AFL and putting massive pressure on his shoulders.

It's actually nice to have Sholl developing like he is and still be under the radar to some degree,

I have little doubt that he'll end up being one of the elite wingmen of the comp.
Has been having a very good season

Hes at a level now as a wingman where my dad and brother get my nephew (whose a winger himself) to watch Sholl and his work rate and how he plays that wing role. Working up and back and getting in behind the oppos defence for the joe the gooses.

Much less of a softc**k this year. Deserves some credit
He's never been soft, just not strong or agile enough. He's a small bloke. Small arms and narrow shoulders. I reckon he must have worked hard on his strength over the pre season. Is able to tackle and take tackles a bit better this year.

He was very impressive on Saturday night despite the conditions not suiting him.

Not every player needs to be a hard nut, he runs incredibly hard and smart, is clean and uses the footy well. We can lock him in as one of our wingers for the next 5-10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's run into some form recently... But I'm still a hater... He has too many deficiencies in the contest and is easily outmarked. Crumbles under pressure. Although a decent kick, it's not penetrating enough imho and his rushed kicks generally go straight to opposition because it's not penetrating

He's run into some form recently... But I'm still a hater... He has too many deficiencies in the contest and is easily outmarked. Crumbles under pressure. Although a decent kick, it's not penetrating enough imho and his rushed kicks generally go straight to opposition because it's not penetrating
He’s changing me in his favour

Has he run into form or is he a young player who is developing and perhaps worked on those deficiencies?

Thanks for the post Matthew.

Both?

I'd still trade him while he has value.

I disagree.

He’s got all the key components of a good modern day winger. Super fit, high work rate, smart runner, good ball user. He obviously has deficiencies because of his size but we’ve seen clear improvement in that area this year.

Based on what we’ve seen so far I think we have a set and forget wing for the next 5-10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachlan Sholl - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back