Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Confidential

I didn't see it that way at all.
I thought Carey was between a rock and a hard place and wasn't really in a forum where he could express his true views.

Spot on.

There was an onus on him not to tear Laidley apart, as it just would have been seen as him trying to destroy the club.

Spot on again.

Laidley lacks charisma, intelligence and an ability to express himself properly without coming across as a punch drunk fighter.

I agree.

I fully agree with Carey, that a club like the Kangas needs a figurehead to promote the club and get it the attention it needs to thrive. Laidley is not that man and I would suggest that if a marketing consultancy took a look at Laidley as a product, he would be recalled immediately.

Correct.

I admire Laidley's toughness and resilience, but his petulance, body language and behaviour are not suited to the role he is in.

You saved me writing a long post:thumbsu:

He was put there because the club couldn't find anyone else willing to coach for that amount of money and you know the old saying 'You pay peanuts.....'.

Exactly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't understand Laidley one bit last night. If someone actually put up a transcript of those retorts from the Junk Yard Dog,I'd bet the farm most people would see that he has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

It was gibberish.

He talks in circles with phases a local footy President would use,not an AFL coach. He has bluffed the kangaroos into believing he knows what he's doing as a coach and as a leader of the club..the face of the club.

He just sat there like a stunned mullet. He looked like funny little South Park character at the start of the debate when Carey started his speech. He was like a little boy,squirmming in his seat and feeling very uncomfortable with the situation.

He just sat there and took Carey's insults without even as much as a sideways glance at the King. The tv zoom-in on his face when Carey got real personal didn't help his confidence either. He was cornered,like a bunny in the headlights....but...he's got guts getting up there,I'll give him that. But he is out of his league imo.

Cary was right about North's recruiting. Not good enough he said.

Referring to Wells as the only good pick up of late and then suggesting the chopping of himself was the only reason they got him,was only to show that luck played a part in getting Wells (ie Careys departure) and they havn't picked up anyone who looks as good for 3 years.

Dean replied to that with vague ramblings,something along the lines of "well,we fixed up our recruiting program in the middle of last year and we should be on top of it now".....what about the last 5 years Dean?

He's the wrong man to lead North. He's got the personality of a wet sponge.

Carey is no favorite of mine,but I like how he says whats on his mind without beating around the bush. He's a confident bloke by nature and has a big enough ego to put up ideas or beliefs in the media without fear of defending it. He's only repeating what he is hearing from North supporters and is saying what he feels is the best thing for the Kangaroos....imo:)

Re: footy conf. craig hutchenson you are a grub

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311282

why do people to do it? create a new thread on exactly the same thing as another thread near the top of the page, just so they can get their opinions in the first post?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311282

why do people to do it? create a new thread on exactly the same thing as another thread near the top of the page, just so they can get their opinions in the first post?
so now we will only have a handful of massive threads, one on cousins, one on everything collingwood and one on brad ottens form and a few others. you dont have to post on it.
i thought the other was based on
carey v laidley, this is directed at hutchenson.
if you dont like it dont post. ignore it and it goes away.
simple.

Yeah, I think you guys missed that when he did it on purpose, maybe concentrate on the show a bit more. I think wayne actually beat both hutchy and caro last night. He didn't **** around called a spade a spade and called them both out on their ****. She looked like a sheep in headlights because she knew she coudln't beat him.

Tell me you're joking, please. She gave up because we all know what its like arguing with someone who possesses arrogance and stupidity in even lots. She had him beat several times but the moron couldn't see it. Carey was well out of his depth last night. I actually felt sorry for him caus ethe longer the show went the sillier he looked. Not that he would think that. Poor old Wayne, he has no respect from anyone, has wrecked his life and now everyone knows how dumb he actually is.

Touched said:
Dont be so naive :(

Ya reckon he just invited himself :confused:

No doubt money has been exchanged and Hutchy is getting the exclusives for Channel Ed.
Lets face it - everyone wants to know whats going on - The Eagles want you to know they are looking after their player, the AFL wants you to know they are "addressing" the drugs issue and the public want to know what Cousins is going thru.
Someone wouldve decided that transperancy is the only solution coz its failed trying to deal with it inhouse.

If they had decided transperancy was the only solution, you'd think Cousins would have at least released a written statement prior to leaving, not have Hutchy sitting next to him on the plane then following him round LA getting dodgy hidden camera footage of him eating lunch.

Hutchy even admitted last night you've got to be in the position to get the story when Cousins eventually decides to speak.

Hutchy is filth, AFLs answer to womens magazines paparazzi

It was blatantly obvious that the coaches don't like Hutchy. He does tend to run with the more inconsequential "scoops" though.

Mark Thompson came across as a complete knob last night. Caro pulled him up on not taking responsibility for Geelong last year and the complete mess he let the Footy Dept get into. He still wouldn't admit it, despite all the facts.

What i got out of the show is what is going on with Wilson's lips.

Haha! I agree :thumbsu: bad lip liner job and man it was like they tried "glam" her up or something, I don't know why the hell they tried :confused:

I can't stand her, and as much as i don't like Carey I was glad he gave it to her!!!

I couldn't understand Laidley one bit last night. If someone actually put up a transcript of those retorts from the Junk Yard Dog,I'd bet the farm most people would see that he has no idea what the hell he is talking about.
Then listen harder.
It was gibberish.
No. Sheedy using every deflection in the book and doing everything but answer the question at press conferences is gibbersish. Explaining to Carey that he hasn't been at the club since he rooted a teammates wife so therefore wouldn't know whats going on and therefore making a complete d1ck of himself is not exactly gibberish.
He talks in circles with phases a local footy President would use,not an AFL coach. He has bluffed the kangaroos into believing he knows what he's doing as a coach and as a leader of the club..the face of the club.
More stupidity.
He just sat there like a stunned mullet. He looked like funny little South Park character at the start of the debate when Carey started his speech. He was like a little boy,squirmming in his seat and feeling very uncomfortable with the situation.
And yet his first answer about Carey's absence at the club was a subtle snide re,ark that you obviously missed. It's also hard to talk up when people are interrupting every 5 minutes which was interesting given they wanted to know what was going on and yet he's there, they're not. You're a moron if you actually believe any of what you've written. Laidley didn't tell them anything he didn't want them to know.
He just sat there and took Carey's insults without even as much as a sideways glance at the King. The tv zoom-in on his face when Carey got real personal didn't help his confidence either. He was cornered,like a bunny in the headlights....but...he's got guts getting up there,I'll give him that. But he is out of his league imo.
Less cliche's next time.

Cary was right about North's recruiting. Not good enough he said.
Enough said? It's been good enough to account for the Bomb outs the past 5 years and on saturday we had 3 relative new comers and 4 total new comers who all look like 100+ gamers. An Essendon supporter talking about recruiting is like a politician saying "nah, I've never lied in my life, honest"
Referring to Wells as the only good pick up of late and then suggesting the chopping of himself was the only reason they got him,was only to show that luck played a part in getting Wells (ie Careys departure) and they havn't picked up anyone who looks as good for 3 years.
Crap.

Dean replied to that with vague ramblings,something along the lines of "well,we fixed up our recruiting program in the middle of last year and we should be on top of it now".....what about the last 5 years Dean?
Um, the last 5 years he was under instructions not to go to the bottom of the ladder, and had financial restraints. If you're gonna argue the point, research it first.

He's the wrong man to lead North. He's got the personality of a wet sponge.
If he starts winning football matches he can be a deaf mute for all I care.
Carey is no favorite of mine,but I like how he says whats on his mind without beating around the bush. He's a confident bloke by nature and has a big enough ego to put up ideas or beliefs in the media without fear of defending it. He's only repeating what he is hearing from North supporters and is saying what he feels is the best thing for the Kangaroos....imo:)
Is he? How do you know this? That was just a throw away line. Most North supporters other than the ones that went to functions at the club and sucked up his arse would've never said more than G'day to him and he hasn't set foot inside the club for 5 years. So what are you talking about? Do your homework or leave the debate to the more informed. :thumbsu:

4. as the thread suggests hutchy is nothing but a grubby parasite. following cousins to the us as the guy tries to get his life back in order was tacky journalism at best.was good to see carey tell him what he thought of it.
all in all great show and will look forward to it every week now.

Didn't Hutchy say he spoke with Cousins and his dad on the plane ?
So they knew he was around which made it even more tacky that he secretly filmed them from behind trees and with a hidden camera in his bag inside the airport.

Any chance a Qantas baggage handler could put a special gift inside Hutchys bag next time he leaves the country ?

Just to finish my rant- For Carey to big note himself and say he is entitled to his opinion then to back down and say that he's just repeating the things he hears from fans was a huge cop out. Which is it? His opinion or the fans.

Where to now for Wayne? No home life and no Footy club and is a pathetic tv performer. Lucky he enjoys his own company so much- might be all he's got left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going to say one thing on this matter:
I've gained more respect for Laidley as a person, but lost respect for him as a coach. I wanted to give Laidley a hug and tell him its all going to be ok buddy, but on the other hand i don't think he's got the steal to coach the Kangas in to the last few weeks of the finals.

Craig Hutchison- is anyone else sick of this guy?

This guy is really starting to annoy me.
His decision to follow Ben Cousins to the US was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
He is very willing to dish it out, but as was shown on that new show on channel 9 last night, he squirms like a little girl when it is thrown back to him. Both Carey and Bomber Thompson rattled him big time when they questioned his methods.
He really needs to realise he is a journalist, not a media identity. We do not care about him.

On another note, wasn't it funny when Caroline Wilson said Wayne Carey's opinion on Dean Laidley was too strong and when Wayne threw this back at her, she too squirmed, as she knew what a hypocritical statement this was. Good one Wayne to point this out and show her up for the hypocritical, no good journalist that she is.

Re: Craig Hutchison- is anyone else sick of this guy?

Hutto is fantastic. Who else gives you the scoops and exclusives. I think he should have a far bigger role in AFL.

I just love it how he tried to bag channel 7 on the footy show about cameras etc and everyone knows he got the ar$E from that very network because they were aware of the public opinion of the man........

Hutchy = try hard loner

I agree!! The point Carey was trying to get accross was a good one...he just had a poor way of going about it.

Caro looks like the grim reaper...geez she is disgusting..needs a month of Sunday's worth of beauty sleep:eek:

I found it comical that the journo's, when put on the spot by MM & MT couldn't admit they phu.ck up frequently. Eight-Chin-son consisntently reports falsely and isn't accountable for his actions. I hate him with a passion...wouldn't mind hearing him report how he was beaten to a pulp by B.Hall:thumbsu:

I wish you would refrain from mentioning the looks of only one of the presenters. If your looks foreclosed anyone from having an opinion from football this Board would have to be closed down

what decent stories has hutchy actually broke?

the hay interview was hardly an exclusive. we already knew hay took sleeping pills, suffered from depression and was shafted by the kangaroos and the delta gooding interview was as boring as bat poo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Back