Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How can we get Wayne a life.

He is smug and supercilious. I can't cop him at all. He spoke about Laidley as if he wasn't present.

The only time he's ever given me the ****s more than tonight was when he was tearing my team a new one, which he did quite regularly. Begrudging respect as a player. No respect for him as a human.

Re: Footy classified just started

Give me an hr of that "Beat the press",that would be worth watching.
I can see journos talk crap anytime

seth

It was an awkward situation for both Carey & Laidley ; I thought Carey could have shown a bit of class by saying 'I hope Dean proves me wrong this year'...............apparently, that would have been asking too much from him. Pity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stroked his ego when highlighting that daniel wells has been their best recruit, pointing out that this was effectively his doing because he made his "mistake". (fwiw i don't think wells is the kangas best recruit, hale or mack would be higher)

I didn't mind it at all, 3 people who actually have differences of opinion on issues plus the ultimate fence sitter in Garry Lyon. It's certainly a change in pace to the 1 hour love ins of the late Talking Footy and On the Couch.

It was an awkward situation for both Carey & Laidley ; I thought Carey could have shown a bit of class by saying 'I hope Dean proves me wrong this year'...............apparently, that would have been asking too much from him. Pity.

He admitted that his timing was wrong. Said something about not talking about his coaching ability aswell.

Wayne is not everyone's cup of tea - no doubt. I like him in the respect that he is willing to make bold statements and back them up.
Don't think he had much when Laidley spoke about the resourcing at the club. He looked like he'd been shot. Laidley also shot him down when he stated Thompson was their best recruit (quite rightly). That didn't help Wayne's argument much.

Now let me see... I shagged my best mate's Mrs, but it was all in the best interests of the club. It's all about me! I gave you Wells! It's all about me!

Re: Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Confidential

Laidley coming on the show smacks to me of desperation. No one covered themselves with glory in that segment, but no one disgraced themselves either.

:confused:

What about Carey saying that we would've never got Wells if he didn't **** Stevo's wife and disgrace the footy club?

I respect him as a player but he is a ******** in person. :thumbsdown:

Very, very, good show :thumbsu:

Channel Nine certainly do studio television (whether it be live or pre-recorded) better than any other network, and have done ever since TV came to Australia.

A show such as Footy Classified would not be of the same quality on Ten or Seven, even though Seven have poached a lot of Nine's executives over the years. I think it's a cultural thing. Nine just do shows like that (flimed studio, programs) better than anyone else, even going back to "Hey Hey."

Remove this Banner Ad

Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Back