Lake - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lake isn't the first player to go through a form slump and he won't be the last. We're only talking about 10 games here. Why are people so keen to say his career is over? This is not a form thing, it's a mental thing. Once he gets over it, he'll be smashing opponents again (figuratively speaking). Maybe he will have to leave the Kennel to reboot, but players of that class don't just evaporate into thin air. I think the Bulldogs should give him a month off to get his head right and to sort out his dispute with Eagleton.

Lake isn't the first player to go through a form slump and he won't be the last. We're only talking about 10 games here. Why are people so keen to say his career is over? This is not a form thing, it's a mental thing. Once he gets over it, he'll be smashing opponents again (figuratively speaking). Maybe he will have to leave the Kennel to reboot, but players of that class don't just evaporate into thin air. I think the Bulldogs should give him a month off to get his head right and to sort out his dispute with Eagleton.

It's not just a mental thing he had 4 surgeries in the off season, his body is the major problem

It's not just a mental thing he had 4 surgeries in the off season, his body is the major problem

Yes, you are right. I forgot to add that in. I was trying to say that it's not that he is suddenly just a lousy player. He is severely underdone due to those injuries and he's mentally not with it because of this business thing and not being able to play well. Once his body is right, he'll be back. He shouldn't be playing right now. Should be working on getting right to play. Leave him out for a month to do his pre-season, get his head right. Then we'll see what he can do.

Probably still better than dawson

Always keep an eye on ex-Hawks but this guy is just terrible.

Still doesn't know how to play down back. Wrestles with the strong guys and plays off the smaller ones.

Shouldn't be playing AFL.

Collingwood supporters seem to have a fixation on the plight of the Doggies, but I digress.

Lake will probably go to full forward, although he should be sent to the reserves for AT LEAST a month, where he would need to dominate VFL players to deserve getting back into the seniors.

Williams to FB, and let Markovic etc take up a full time position down back. They're the next generation, no point not getting them experience.

Had operations and no preseason. You dont just go from being one of the best FBs in the comp to a fat disinterested spud in the space of a few months for no reason.

We'd happily take him at Carlton. He'd make a good training partner for Jamison and I reckon our young lads would learn a bit from his senile tales of the old days, even if it'd be in amongst paranoid ramblings about Rocket.

He's still pretty sturdy - he'd double as a second bench on game day, too. :thumbsu:

Seriously though, when on he's a gun. Struggling at the moment, more so than most but he'll get over it. He's 29 and with the Doggies struggling, becomes an enticing prospect for opposition clubs aiming for a flag.

Training partner? If Lake gets his head right he is twice the player Jamison is.

Quite simply, the bloke is stuffed in the head. One of the strongest, toughest KPD's in the comp at top form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was meant to stay in the VFL for a while? why was he brought in last week if he wasn't anywhere near full fitness?

Why would you get rid of him?

That'd be real smart, have Lake and Hall leave in the same year.... your FB and FF, yeah - nah.

He needs a change of scenery. Come to Hawthorn.

Take the contract on and it's a done deal. :)

I thought he led hard up front. If his teamates could kick he may have ended up with five or six

If he really wanted the ball he would have made it to those kicks. None of them (what I recall) dropped to far in front of him. Forwards have to work for their kicks, Brian didn't want to do that.

The word you fools seek is 'uninterested', not 'disinterested'.

To be disinterested is to be impartial.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dis·in·ter·est·ed

 [dis-in-tuh-res-tid, -tri-stid]
–adjective 1.unbiased by personal interest or advantage; not influenced by selfish motives: a disinterested decision by the referee.

2.not interested; indifferent.

I remember there was talk of us throwing the shed at him a few years back. Obviously Frawley blossoming into a top range KPD means we don't need him, but if he'd just unfit and bored of Whitten Oval, I wouldn't mind a cheeky teen/early 20s pick and steak knives bid.

Should to GWS in Brennan like fashion. Upgrade the Dogs' second rounder to an early first and let them pick up another kid to build on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lake - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back