Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rogue. :thumbsu:

All up I give this movie 7/10. (A generous 7 btw).
4- for the actual movie
bonus point for Stephen Curry's T-shirt and gags.
an extra bonus point for the maggots crawling out of Sam Worthingtons corpse...
and a final bonus point for seeing a mans hand get ripped off.

All in all a good "family fun" Australian flick.

For A Few Dollars More - thejester watching Clint Eastwood movies inspired me to re-watch this. My appraisal hasn't changed. Weakest of the 'man with no name' series of Leone spaghetti westerns, with the presence of Klaus Kinski as a henchman the only real plus. Clint still pretty sweet, though.
I'm watching this at the moment, after I just finished The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. I'm only half way through and I'm enjoying it, but it's slightly off putting the way The Bad and The Good are basically in it again.

The Eiger Sanction

I knew it was meant to be bad when I put in, but boy, it surpassed all expectations. Just awful. Mountain climbing scenes are quite solid and realistic (possibly even real) though. Tries to be suavely chauvinistic in the vein of Bond but ends up disgustingly sexist. Characters are all one-dimensional, and the plot twist was so predictable I almost vomited. Clint Eastwood's worst film that I've seen.

I've read reviews that describe it as satire of 70s action films, but I think that's total revisionism. It takes itself far too seriously. Certainly, the overblown nature of some aspects of the film (the albino villain, the stereotypical all-American sidekick) lends itself to the notion, but the way the movie promotes itself is as an all out action blockbuster, and I think it should be viewed in that way rather than suggesting that it was designed for viewing years later as a satire.

No Country for Old Men. (Thank god my mum didn’t come with me and see it. She would have walked out after the first scene. :D)

Great action packed, violence galore and a very very creepy serial killer. Man, I never wanna call a coin toss ever again!!

PS. If someone could explain the ending to me it would be much appreciated. :eek:

I just watched Zodiac. Rather than a lengthy review, I give you this piece of advice: if you want to see a film based on the Zodiac killings, go watch Dirty Harry. You can sympathise with the main character, it's more interesting, and the villain is just as creepy.

Return to house on Haunted hill - Its was a cheap go 2nd time around but they spent the money in the wrong places i.e. hot as **** actresses and not on cgi, anyway worth a watch if you have **** all to do, Keep an eye out for the 3way leso scean.

HOSTEL- I was a little pissed off after watching this movie, i was hoping for more of a SAW style movie but anyway it was still ok, How good are the **** in this movie, WOW there are some 9/10 racks in this beauty.

tomorrow night - Hostel 2

The Godfather trilogy - plenty of memorable quotes. I have read the book a number of times and it beats the movies hands down but it's still enjoyable never the less. And now the DVD box set is dropping to less than $40!

"I'm gonna make Shell an offer she can't refuse" - BDP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Godfather trilogy - plenty of memorable quotes. I have read the book a number of times and it beats the movies hands down but it's still enjoyable never the less. And now the DVD box set is dropping to less than $40!

"I'm gonna make Shell an offer she can't refuse" - BDP

What like ? Money for sex ? cuz i dont think she will take it........... well not the Money anyway. :D

I have watched these movies over the last week or so.

No Country For Old Men - 5/5
Won't be everybody's cup of tea but I really liked it. Most suspenseful movie since Silence of the Lambs and best bad guy since Hannibal Lecter. Javier Barden for this years Oscar.

I am Legend - 3.5/5
Very surprised, was a lot better than I thought it would be. I am No Will Smith fan but he was pretty good in this.

Sunshine - 4/5
Best Sci-Fi movie I have seen in along time. Wish I had seen it on the big screen.

POTC-At Worlds End-:thumbsdown:
What a stinker! Loved the first one and the second one wasn't bad but this one was really flogging a dead horse. Orlando Bloom has got to be the biggest ham actor since Porky Pig.

just watched bad boy bubby, honestly my mate and i sat stunned and silent for 10 minutes after the movie, first thoughts:

who would think of this story?
who would pay to make it?
how did bad boy go so well with the ladies?
have a finally gone crazy after this movie?
and what made Flows **** so great?

Just seen Charlie Wilson's War with Tom Hanks, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, & Julia Roberts. Excellent movie and well worth a look. Hanks best role in years. The on screen banter/chemistry between Hanks & Hoffman was superb 8/10

I just watched Zodiac. Rather than a lengthy review, I give you this piece of advice: if you want to see a film based on the Zodiac killings, go watch Dirty Harry. You can sympathise with the main character, it's more interesting, and the villain is just as creepy.

I saw Zodic too for the first time last week! I will give my own special peice of advice: if you are going to watch this movie, dont watch it when you're home alone at your beach house. (I didnt get much sleep last Monday night, when I watched it :eek:)

Anyway, I loved it. It's amazing to think he never got caught and seemed to just go about his "business" and do what ever the **** he liked, killing and writing letter to the press. The cops pinned 7 murders on him, but he probably did alot more. And what about the notes at the end.... the DNA evidence in 2002, cleared the (now dead) prime suspect?? Surely he did it.

Anyway, really enjoyed this film. :thumbsu:

I am legend . Will Smith, just OK, a bit like 28 weeks .Sort of, "done before".
That was rubbish as well.

Thats what I thought when I saw the previews for it. :confused:

Lol, I remember seeing 28 Days Later in Florida, and literally half the people in the cinema walked out in the first half hour of it. I loved it but. 28 Weeks later was okay too.

Double Indemnity

Edward G. Robinson is ace, so the fact that he's in this instantly gives it points. The film was described on the back as the "archetypical film noir", which was pretty darn accurate. Manipulative femme fatale et al. I liked it.

9/10

OH i watch an old classic last night

anal.probe.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back