LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

So I finally go to try one of those Grill'd - low carb 'super buns'. I probably chose a bad burger for it because it was too big and fell apart the second I tried to get my mouth around it. On the whole, it was pretty tasty though.

Admittedly it was a pointless exercise, because it was a particularly unique occasion and I had a beer with it - which really turned the experience south fast after the burger was downed, having not had a beer for such a long time and being low-carb - it didn't sit well in my stomach and the beer also went straight to my head. :confused:

Sugar-free-sugar.jpg

Haha yeah, it contains carbohydrates but no sugar!
Approval tick from the heart foundation no doubt.

So I finally go to try one of those Grill'd - low carb 'super buns'. I probably chose a bad burger for it because it was too big and fell apart the second I tried to get my mouth around it. On the whole, it was pretty tasty though.

Admittedly it was a pointless exercise, because it was a particularly unique occasion and I had a beer with it - which really turned the experience south fast after the burger was downed, having not had a beer for such a long time and being low-carb - it didn't sit well in my stomach and the beer also went straight to my head. :confused:

It's good that it's not just me that has a lower booze tolerance since being low carb! Not that it's a bad thing of course!

Try Big Head, its a ripper zero carb beer. (0.5g per 330ml) The maltose has been taken out hence the low carb. Its a little light tasting but thqt is not an issue as you get used to it. Best part, no hangovers.

Edit- It doesnt affect my BG or Ketone levels so it works for me.

Just a heads up tonight 7.30 on SBS Michael Mosley, Should I Eat Meat.
Not sure what his spin or outcome is but he consumes a high protein diet of 130g per day. Not sure if thats 130g of meat (thats stuff all) or 130g of actual protein, and asks the question should he go vegan)vegetarian.
The bit where he just automatically blamed the rise in blood pressure on eating a bit more meat was BS for mine.

The bit where he just automatically blamed the rise in blood pressure on eating a bit more meat was BS for mine.
I havent watched it yet (will tomorrow) but the reviews on the blogs and forums have canned it.

I reckon he has gone to commercial especially the way he has published and promoted his Fast diet. Its amazing the amount of people who think he invented it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's a pretty useless experiemnt. Did you see every time he was getting a meal at a restraunt, he was also getting crumbed union rings, big dinner rolls, french fries etc. His restraunt meals are also more than likely being prepared in over heated vegetable oils.

Control for those in the experiment and bet he gets a different result.

I had to laugh at 7th day adventis who was proud that his breakfast grapefruit was food the way 'God intended' Does god also make soy sausages,tofu and white bread?

I had to laugh at 7th day adventis who was proud that his breakfast grapefruit was food the way 'God intended' Does god also make soy sausages,tofu and white bread?
Yeah that gave us a chuckle too.

In saying that I've known quite a few Adventists over the years having relatives in the church and they usually at least appear to be fitter/healthy looking than the general public imo. Also definitely tend to live longer so they must be doing something right in that regard.

Having said that, i might cut down on the cured ham slices tho, been eating a lot of that lately. Looking at the ingredients that go into making them there's a lot of surplus shit.
I have because those ****ing arseh*le w***ers at Woolies have decided to stop selling the sensational Springbrook Valley ham and bacon. Not happy and i let the local manager know. ):

Yeah no mention of the extra fried food he was consuming, only mention of the burger n bacon raising his cholesterol etc..

These docos annoy me because they're not done correct or thorough enough, the masses being too lazy to research further will watch this & gain justification that meat is evil & stick to having their healthy Subway salad for lunch.

There's a huge difference when one is consuming quality organic grass fed portions of meat compared to processed products containing off trims from meat.

The only positive to come from these Docos is they don't enhance meat sales n course a shortage.

Yeah that gave us a chuckle too.

In saying that I've known quite a few Adventists over the years having relatives in the church and they usually at least appear to be fitter/healthy looking than the general public imo. Also definitely tend to live longer so they must be doing something right in that regard.
yeah, I'm not knocking them.

They eat a lot of whole foods, so that puts them well ahead of about 95% of the rest of the population.

it's a pretty useless experiemnt. Did you see every time he was getting a meal at a restraunt, he was also getting crumbed union rings, big dinner rolls, french fries etc. His restraunt meals are also more than likely being prepared in over heated vegetable oils.

Control for those in the experiment and bet he gets a different result.

So you have to be Vegan to join their Church, which is a shame cos I was keen to join & organise an excursion for the kids to tour the local Abbittior!

I wander if Axel Keys started the 7th Day Adbentis movement.

So you have to be Vegan to join their Church, which is a shame cos I was keen to join & organise an excursion for the kids to tour the local Abbittior!

There's the Katie Holmes Scientology purification diet, its interesting and if you swapped veg oil with coconut oil it could be fun to try.

Umm no, they just encourage a vegetarian diet, they can eat meat in a (I think it's called kosher?) diet if they want.

Remove this Banner Ad

LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back