LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mia Freedman is a good one to start with.
Did a quick scan of the last couple of months - blog titles don't appear to have anything to do with diet (not that a blog is a forum anyway).
Can you be more specific? It does sound like a very bizzare claim.

Did a quick scan of the last couple of months - blog titles don't appear to have anything to do with diet (not that a blog is a forum anyway).
Can you be more specific? It does sound like a very bizzare claim.
You need to get out more and read the forums and blogs to see the attacks on him instead of just hitting the google machine. Politics aside, their would be no Australian figure this year attacked more than Pete Evans.

[Edit- 20 minutes and SJ hasnt liked your post. Is he sick? Maybe someone should check on him to see it he is alright. I will give him a like for you. SJ owes me one]

Last edited:

You need to get out more and read the forums and blogs to see the attacks on him instead of just hitting the google machine. Politics aside, their would be no Australian figure this year attacked more than Pete Evans.

[Edit- 20 minutes and SJ hasnt liked your post. Is he sick? Maybe someone should check on him to see it he is alright. I will give him a like for you. SJ owes me one]
Hang on. That is massive claim and all you are providing is go and do some searching for yourself? I have had a look around and can't find anything, although it has only been anout 10minutes.

Whilst I quite enjoy reading the info and links you provide Bazzar, I also enjoy the irony of you getting called out on not answering a specific question after only earlier today bemoaning the lack of answers to the question you asked re deficiencies :D

I suppose having your cake and eating it too is a little out of place ITT :(

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/25488280/paleo-diets-cut-kilos-but-harm-hearts/

Oh yay.. another West Aust. article by our dear "friends" the Heart Foundation slamming Paleo, not that I pay a single ounce of attention to this rubbish but once again my "health nut/nutritionist" friend posted this on my wall which apparently proves me "wrong" and Im gonna die of clogged arteries before I reach 30. :rolleyes:

Its so annoying, I dont even flaunt or preach LCHF around to my friends and only talk about it if someone asks me about it but I keep copping unprovoked flak from so-called health nuts or "qualified nutritionists" just coz she did finished a undergrad in it.

Sorry for the rant, but this board seems to be my only sanctuary.. lol. Yet to find someone my age whos a LCHFer.. :(

Did you happen to notice how the Director of the WA Heart foundation talks about a patient who's level soared to 8.9? yet fails to mention this person is probably a prime candidate for Familial Hypercholesterolemia (A genetic disorder). Something a Cadiologist surely knows of yet fails to mention as it paints Paleo in a bad light.

Out of curiosity, how many anti Pete Evans posts/threads/replies in all forms of media have you read in the last 12 months?
I'm not sure exactly. I generally read/watch most links/vids on this board because I find them all quite interesting, save for that Durian guy. I quite enjoy reading Evans' Facebook page, I quite enjoy reading Mark's Daily Apple and I enjoy watching many of the LCHF vids that get posted in here. I've read articles where people have shat on LCHF/Paleo for whatever reason but I like to think I'm intelligent enough to form my own opinion.

To answer your question, probably not that many. Maybe I'm being brainwashed by this and the other fantastic threads on this board? ;)

So all the things that I actually enjoy eating? Well I'll last a long time on that diet :rolleyes:

The off menu list of foods did make me lol. This thread is decisive at times, well all the time, but we would all agree those foods will make you fat if you are using them as a staple in your diet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see people who are for and against him - I certainly don't see some secret conspiracy by a large organization against a single individual. Sounds pretty tin foil hat personally.

So what the question i was called out on? The DAA having an influence and controlling media and certain forums? And i cannot supply a direct link? As i said, those who need to google obviously do not follow this subject apart from this forum.
Ah assumptions only.

Forgive me if my opinion differs even slightly from yours (an issue I know causes you discomfort).

I see people who are for and against him - I certainly don't see some secret conspiracy by a large organization against a single individual. Sounds pretty tin foil hat personally.

Ah assumptions only.

Forgive me if my opinion differs even slightly from yours (an issue I know causes you discomfort).

Haha, at least you are sticking up for your mate. You must be having some fum on the mod board with this. And if you you think DAA and HF havent got Evans in their sights then you are more stupid than i realised.

Haha, at least you are sticking up for your mate. You must be having some fum on the mod board with this. And if you you think DAA and HF havent got Evans in their sights then you are more stupid than i realised.
I won't respond in kind with insults - some of us are above that.
This is simply a discussion - if you think an organization putting forward their opinion (one which I disagree with) is somehow a big conspiracy fair enough - but newsflash: that's how the world works.

Do you honestly think that without Peter Evans there would be a change in dietary habits across the country? Given the rate of obesity we currently have, I highly doubt it.

I enjoy reading this thread and others in this forum but just wanted to throw this in.

It is clear to an outsider that SJ continues to troll in this thread without offering any real value, and while Bazzar presents a lot of great stuff and I value his contributions, he can't help himself from pinging others that come in from a different viewpoint and it makes the whole thing feel 'cult-ish'.

There's so much good stuff in here that all this sideplay isn't really necessary.

Keep up the good work

Can I please again just ask why offering a counter-position and calling out empty rhetoric and embellishments is trolling?

This is what I have done in this thread, using a footy example:

--

Thread title: Lance Franklin is the best full-forward in the league

[Poster A]: Lance Franklin is currently the best full-forward in the AFL.

[Poster B]: I agree. He has returned to some of his best form at Sydney this year.

[Poster C]: Buddy has won three Coleman Medals now and been selected in five All-Australian teams. Most potent forward of the generation.

[Poster D]: He has such natural ability that no forward has ever come close to him.

SJ: "[Poster D]: He has such natural ability that no forward has ever come close to him."
That is incorrect, there have been many forwards over the journey that have matched an even exceeded Franklin's output, even taking into account their era.

--

It is not "trolling" to offer a counter position over a point which is clearly up for debate, whilst allowing more measured positions to hold.

I enjoy reading this thread and others in this forum but just wanted to throw this in.

It is clear to an outsider that SJ continues to troll in this thread without offering any real value, and while Bazzar presents a lot of great stuff and I value his contributions, he can't help himself from pinging others that come in from a different viewpoint and it makes the whole thing feel 'cult-ish'.

There's so much good stuff in here that all this sideplay isn't really necessary.

Keep up the good work

Apart from Vegans and the obvious trolls, who else do I ping.

But having a difference of opinion is not trolling.
This.

Differing opinions are normal, even being skeptical of alternate views is normal and considered healthy discussion in a public forum.

Apart from Vegans and the obvious trolls, who else do I ping.

However, mocking diets contrary to yours (as you've been known to do in the past) could be considered trolling, I would've thought..

This.

Differing opinions are normal, even being skeptical of alternate views is normal and considered healthy discussion in a public forum.

However, mocking diets contrary to yours (as you've been known to do in the past) could be considered trolling, I would've thought..
What diets apart from Vegan?

Can I please again just ask why offering a counter-position and calling out empty rhetoric and embellishments is trolling?

This is what I have done in this thread, using a footy example:

--

Thread title: Lance Franklin is the best full-forward in the league

[Poster A]: Lance Franklin is currently the best full-forward in the AFL.

[Poster B]: I agree. He has returned to some of his best form at Sydney this year.

[Poster C]: Buddy has won three Coleman Medals now and been selected in five All-Australian teams. Most potent forward of the generation.

[Poster D]: He has such natural ability that no forward has ever come close to him.

SJ: "[Poster D]: He has such natural ability that no forward has ever come close to him."
That is incorrect, there have been many forwards over the journey that have matched an even exceeded Franklin's output, even taking into account their era.

--

It is not "trolling" to offer a counter position over a point which is clearly up for debate, whilst allowing more measured positions to hold.

Except that this isn't a thread discussing the relative worth of a football player so the two aren't remotely comparable. It is a thread promoting the LCHF lifestyle and offering advice and tips for those who wish to embrace the lifestyle. If you're not interested in it then start a thread promoting the particular lifestyle you follow. You can even troll LCHF on there if you want. I'm not even sure why you would want to spend as much time as you do on this thread if you're so opposed to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back