LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

atrocious, isnt it. And she is supposed to be a professional dietician.

Little wonder we are battling America for the title of most obese on earth.
How would following any of that advice lead to obesity? :rolleyes:

She is right on nearly every point, and the points she makes that are more debatable won't lead you to be fat. People who think carbs make you fat are wrong, and the time of day you eat them makes absolutely no difference at all to how much of that energy goes in to fat.

I had a few of those 'Big Head' beers on the weekend, any nasty drawbacks that people could deduce from drinking them instead of regular carb beers?

A certain bloated grastopod mate who's a purveyor of all beers and spirits suggested that what it lacks in carbs - it probably makes up for in other nasties..

- "Don't mean to be captain party pooper but... either there is sugar in it because it's fermentable sugar that gets gobbled up by the yeasties to become alcohol, or whatever is used to substitute the sugar is some kind of nasty cancer causing substitute... probably.

While normal beer does contain a few calories, it's nice and natural, containing only malted barley, hops, yeast and water. No synthetic muck. That's why it is as old as civilisation itself!

I had a few of those 'Big Head' beers on the weekend, any nasty drawbacks that people could deduce from drinking them instead of regular carb beers?

A certain bloated grastopod mate who's a purveyor of all beers and spirits suggested that what it lacks in carbs - it probably makes up for in other nasties..

- "Don't mean to be captain party pooper but... either there is sugar in it because it's fermentable sugar that gets gobbled up by the yeasties to become alcohol, or whatever is used to substitute the sugar is some kind of nasty cancer causing substitute... probably.

While normal beer does contain a few calories, it's nice and natural, containing only malted barley, hops, yeast and water. No synthetic muck. That's why it is as old as civilisation itself!

I've got a buddy who's a brewer and an endless source of information about everything beer. I happen to be going round his place for lunch this weekend so I'll take a 6 pack of Big Head (which, coincidentally enough, used to be his nickname) and see what he has to say about them.

I've got a buddy who's a brewer and an endless source of information about everything beer. I happen to be going round his place for lunch this weekend so I'll take a 6 pack of Big Head (which, coincidentally enough, used to be his nickname) and see what he has to say about them.
Cheers mate.

I'm very curious to see how it stacks up, i've read a few forum reviews but nothing that sheds light on the make up of it and how it's actually 0 carb and still a half decent beer.

How would following any of that advice lead to obesity? :rolleyes:

She is right on nearly every point, and the points she makes that are more debatable won't lead you to be fat. People who think carbs make you fat are wrong, and the time of day you eat them makes absolutely no difference at all to how much of that energy goes in to fat.

Is she your mother?
Not one of her point were right, & when you eat carbs can make a big difference, go do some research on insiln before you dribble out a post again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too look forward to hearing about this also.
I know most things in life if its too good to be true it usually is, but please just let us have this one!

I ve got a bit of interesting self experiement to report related to beer:

I've been a pretty heavy beer drinker for the last 30 years - even brew my own from scratch. All my life I've been a really bad hayfever sufferer this time of year. It gets so bad on those hot northerly wind days that I sometimes have to use an asthma inhaler.

Anyway, a few months ago I read a Mark Sisson article about how he got rid of his hayfever by cutting out all wheat and alcohol so I thought I would try it it starting the first day of spring.

I gotta say that I'm pretty shocked that so far it has been a 100% success. I havent had one bout of hayfever thus far and the end of spring is only 3 weeks away. Admittedly its been a bit of low season for hayfever suffers apparently, but nevetheless I would've gone through 2 or 3packs of hayfever medicine by now and had runny eyes and nose most days.

I'm prepared to say it worked!

Hay fever has kicked my ruddy arse this spring.

One day last week I went through an entire box of tissues at my work desk. Colleagues would've all loved that..

So glad I moved up to Queensland if only for this reason. In Victoria I felt like I had a bad head cold for three months of the year. Up here it hardly affects me, perhaps the odd sniffle that's it.

Probably just a coincidence imo. For me as a kid it could be almost unbearable 1 year but then next hardly have any problems at all. Funnily enough as an adult it doesn't effect me much at all usually and I only started drinking beer reguarly from 21..

These days the main problem for us is dust, really allergic to the dust mites.

Probably just a coincidence imo. For me as a kid it could be almost unbearable 1 year but then next hardly have any problems at all. Funnily enough as an adult it doesn't effect me much at all usually and I only started drinking beer reguarly from 21..

These days the main problem for us is dust, really allergic to the dust mites.
Maybe right. I'll test the theory again next season.

image.jpg

Made a low carb steak burger under 370cals
Protein 47g
Fat 15
Carb 21.
Will ditch the onion next time which will save 10g carb.

Used large mushrooms as the bun instead of bread.
150g thinly sliced steak.
Egg
Sautéed onion n capsicum
Tomato sauce.
I ate it with a knife n fork with the lid off.
What ever fell apart I put on lid n ate it.

Next edition I'll make an Aussie steak burger by adding a rashon of bacon N maybe a home made aoli to up the fat content.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back