Leaping Lenny's Lucky Leans

Remove this Banner Ad

- GWS competitive against Sydney & Port (for ~3 quarters)
- St Kilda lost to GC at home, I still maintain GWS are ahead of GC although that's partially offset by the Saints having some of their guns back
- GWS have the tall forwards to concern the Saints backline

Think the Saints should be favourites but GWS at that price is value IMO

BTW, I've reduced the $$$ amount of my unit sizes significantly this round - given the growth in my bankroll over the last 18 months the unit value as a % increased significantly. But it's just too much to be betting and really does my ****ing head in so I'm stripping it back

This means that this week will probably be a winner :thumbsu:

BTW, I've reduced the $$$ amount of my unit sizes significantly this round - given the growth in my bankroll over the last 18 months the unit value as a % increased significantly. But it's just too much to be betting and really does my ******* head in so I'm stripping it back

This means that this week will probably be a winner :thumbsu:

If you don't mind me asking, do you add to your bankroll from the outside often, or is this just betting growth?

I seem to recall you mentioning in the past that you bat through the mortgage offset account or somesuch , but just wondered about how this related to what to have defined as 'the bankroll' per se?

If you don't mind me asking, do you add to your bankroll from the outside often, or is this just betting growth?

I seem to recall you mentioning in the past that you bat through the mortgage offset account or somesuch , but just wondered about how this related to what to have defined as 'the bankroll' per se?
It certainly was easier pre mortgage :D

Basically, when I first started I put money into a transaction account and used that to fund my betting activities - and withdrawals from books went there etc so it was entirely separate. One year in about 2005 maybe I put something small like $20 a week in on top but stopped doing that in favour of organic growth

Since I got the mortgage I put almost all the money that would otherwise be in the transaction account into the offset account, and draw on that as I go. I keep track of how much money in the offset is "betting" money so for all intents and purposes its still a separate betting fund

But yeah it's grown quite well but going the old 1 unit = 1% of the bank arrangement has me betting amounts that I'm not comfortable with. Even though it's "just" betting money it still obviously has a real world value so I've just reduced to something a bit more comfortable if I have one or two bad weeks

(I know that in effect it's going to make it very difficult to profit this year given I have to claw back 10+ "old" units and so basically need to make ~25 "new" units to get back square, but I'm ok with that)

It certainly was easier pre mortgage :D

Basically, when I first started I put money into a transaction account and used that to fund my betting activities - and withdrawals from books went there etc so it was entirely separate. One year in about 2005 maybe I put something small like $20 a week in on top but stopped doing that in favour of organic growth

Since I got the mortgage I put almost all the money that would otherwise be in the transaction account into the offset account, and draw on that as I go. I keep track of how much money in the offset is "betting" money so for all intents and purposes its still a separate betting fund

But yeah it's grown quite well but going the old 1 unit = 1% of the bank arrangement has me betting amounts that I'm not comfortable with. Even though it's "just" betting money it still obviously has a real world value so I've just reduced to something a bit more comfortable if I have one or two bad weeks

(I know that in effect it's going to make it very difficult to profit this year given I have to claw back 10+ "old" units and so basically need to make ~25 "new" units to get back square, but I'm ok with that)

Ta, I appreciate the info.

I guess I'm flying by the seat of my pants with my 1U = 5% of my bankroll at the moment, then. Hopefully I can stay lucky enough to build it up and get it closer to 1%. It is small enough in total value at the moment that I can take the lesson without losing my if/when it comes undone.

Ta, I appreciate the info.

I guess I'm flying by the seat of my pants with my 1U = 5% of my bankroll at the moment, then. Hopefully I can stay lucky enough to build it up and get it closer to 1%. It is small enough in total value at the moment that I can take the lesson without losing my if/when it comes undone.
yeah, that's probably long term unworkable - if you get the good end of variance upfront it will help but if you don't could wipe you out. obviously your call on the risk/reward situation there

effectively i've reduced my bankroll by 60% so it's still 1% of the "reduced" bankroll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunston is an interesting one. I can easily see him missing out again, given we have a tall forward line, and its usually the smalls that Collingwood struggle with. He could also be the sub.

Better week. What are your thoughts on Hawks v Pies Lenny? Would you be backing Collingwood if you barracked for another team?

I like Stevie J at $17. He might play a bit more forward this week with his knee and lack of match fitness. I think 3 will just about win it?
you'd know more about where he's going to play, but i think $17s on a bloke who's kicked 7 goals in 12 games (and no more than 2 in any of those) is a little skinny

but yeah, i'd expect 3 to win it here. sydney are 2nd and geelong equal 3rd in terms of the value 3 goals has in a most goals sense - i.e. how often 3 goals wins it in their games.

you'd know more about where he's going to play, but i think $17s on a bloke who's kicked 7 goals in 12 games (and no more than 2 in any of those) is a little skinny

but yeah, i'd expect 3 to win it here. sydney are 2nd and geelong equal 3rd in terms of the value 3 goals has in a most goals sense - i.e. how often 3 goals wins it in their games.

Jetta kicked 4 bags of 3+ at the SCG in their first 5 games there last year which I thought was interesting. Maybe teams worked him out a bit after that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaping Lenny's Lucky Leans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back