Least Favourite Lions player of the last 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane O'Bree.

From what I heard, he told the club he would sign and then walked to the dark side.

Nothing makes me more ********ed off than a player taking all of the learning and letting a club pay for his developement and then taking that learning elsewhere without compensation.

At least Dessie was traded.

I think the calls on McLaren are a bit soft (I will not mention the fact that Ashcroft and lynch have been mentioned WTF??) He tried his guts out every time he was on the field. Not as talented as some, but he always had a go.

Chasing the Dream said:
Shane O'Bree.

From what I heard, he told the club he would sign and then walked to the dark side.

Nothing makes me more ********ed off than a player taking all of the learning and letting a club pay for his developement and then taking that learning elsewhere without compensation.

Oh yeah, good one. I change my response to SOB.

weevil said:
Seriously how can you be a Lions supporter from Tasmania and say that...

...Been trying really hard to think but can’t really come up with a single one myself.
Dont get me wrong i respect Lynchy for a stellar career but towards the end he was always looking for Free kicks, and Lynchy hasn't done a whole lot for Tasmanian Football, not like some of the other boys from down here, he barely ever returns here now

steve lawrence. i met the guy a few yrs ago at a family day, and he was the biggest tool i have eva met! lions did football in qld a big thank you getting rid if him

Blake caracella for reasons already outlined. He had the personality of a dumb bell.

Tim Notting is currently my least favourite. Always promised so much and has never delivered. I was always a big fan of him thinking he will become a pivotal member of our midfield but not anymore. Shouldve traded him. I hope he proves me wrong but i doubt it.

Captain Charisma just remember that Lynch suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Hes not going to notch up Frequent Flyer Points flying between Tassie and Brisbane when he has a family.

I couldnt agree more about Steve Lawrence. Despite what is footy skills were like, he is a total d*ckhead that bloke.

right now in this current team i would have to say joel mac and bushy
joel because he just cant play for peanuts..
and bushy coz he consistently gives away stupid free kicks, i can just about make a bet that everytime he is chasing someone they will get a free quick off him doing something stupid.

i like notting but he always has u so worried with simple things, if he was running in an open goal he always has to run that little to far, and u think someone is just gonna tackle him, or if that was ash mcgrath in that situation he would probaly trip over his own feet.

also didnt like o'bree much.

I know he had his reasons, granted they were not trivial, but I'll never forgive Des for running home like that. Absolute cop out. Even now part of me is pretty damn pleased that he's never again approached his 2002 form with the Shockers. The same part that chuckles when I realise Nathan Buckley will end his career without a premiership :)

Don't feel quite as passionately about Caracella as much as others on here, I think part of me knew from the beginning and the circumstances surrounding his departure from Essendon that his heart was never quite going to be in it. Never took a liking to him though because he was damn soft, and that s**ts me to tears.

Vidman said:
Been thinking about it for a few days now and found it hard to split Nathan Buckley, assuming we're allowed Bears players, and Dessie Headland. Buckley cause he screwed the system and with Voss and Buckley in the same midfield we would have been unstoppable. Dessie cause he was simply my favourite player, and broke my heart. We suffered thru that terrible season when we finished last and the payoff was the first round pick which we got dessie. Overall have to pick Buckley.

Bucks would have been my first choice but the thread asked for the past 5 years.

If this was for anyone that had ever played for us Bears/Lions Bucks would win that award hands down!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Least Favourite Lions player of the last 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back