Speculation Leek Aleer [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Super talented player stuck behind two of the best key backs in the game. Taylor and Buckley are both young, and not going anywhere so could Leek look elsewhere for opportunity. Pick #15 in 2021, definitely done enough to hold his value despite playing just 12 games as there is no shame not being able to break into that backline. A number of clubs would be keen on him you'd think. What do you rate as his odds of re-signing with the Giants?

Blues could offer him games next year almost guaranteed as the 2nd KPD. We're rumoured to be asking the question along with Haynes, no offense to Haynes but he looks well and truly cooked and has for a while now.

I'd think a pick inside 20 atleast.
Pick 15. Into his 3rd year. Played 12 games all up and not getting games now. No matter how you look at it, not worth a pick 20 and under and it doesn’t increase someone’s value if they are behind guns. Also his kicking isn’t great at all. Pick 21-30 imo or a pick upgrade. No team will give up a 1st for him.

Pick 15. Into his 3rd year. Played 12 games all up and not getting games now. No matter how you look at it, not worth a pick 20 and under and it doesn’t increase someone’s value if they are behind guns. Also his kicking isn’t great at all. Pick 21-30 imo or a pick upgrade. No team will give up a 1st for him.
I'd think a few teams would pay up something between 15-20 for him. He's shown some promise

He’s not replacing Cumming or Pez and Haynes is well past it …. He’ll continue to be back up to Sammy, Bucks and Idun

That sounds perfect from a GWS perspective, but would you really expect him to sign a new contract next year when the pitch is for him to continue to play back up for blokes only a couple years older than him? He is way too good to spend his career playing 6 or 7 games a season.

That sounds perfect from a GWS perspective, but would you really expect him to sign a new contract next year when the pitch is for him to continue to play back up for blokes only a couple years older than him? He is way too good to spend his career playing 6 or 7 games a season.
I’m just responding to a post that said he could replace cumming or Perryman next year …. He won’t

I’m just responding to a post that said he could replace cumming or Perryman next year …. He won’t

Yeah fair, I am just curious on the Giants' fans perspective on him. Given how good your key-defensive stocks are, a really good player is going to miss out no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's under contract. If you want him you are paying overs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Leek Aleer [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back