Remove this Banner Ad

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
We could of had him for Tarrant, Damn he was good tonight. AA form this year for sure.

What do you guys think?

I would've rather picked up Fasolo than Davis, with our injuries we were never a shot this year but Fasolo has 10 years of footy in him.

Would of rather...both!

I doubt our coaching staff would of thrown him into defence however, so he would've done much....but wow what an incredible running back pocket the guy is.

Nothing wrong with this thread,i was thinking the same watching the game,very poor from the club considering we really only have a couple of small fowards,and we knew Hayden was injured.Players like leon dont come around too often.We went for JA instead???

Yes, all good in hindsight, but at the start of the season he was old and played like rubbish during finals. Credit to him and malthouse for turning it around, but there is absolutely no need for regret or handwringing.

Leon shining in the Pies team does not equate to AA form in the Freo team.

At Cwood a player of Leon's calibre will never cop a heavy tag, plus when off your man you have Maxwell/Harry O Zoning off to protect you - plus Cwoods ability to spread makes any decent ball user look a million dollars.

Hill at Cwood would be picking up 20 a game.

Just reinforces the need to have 25 quality players and a work ethic where we have no passengers.

As we seem devoid of ideas from the coaching box to deploy Hill in other roles, the best thing to break that pressure would be for the player copping no attention to start racking up stats and hurting the opposition.

We did?

He's 30. He's playing one of the easiest positions on the ground. The real mistake was not picking Fasolo. I think our drafting operation is too Vic centric.
The real mistake? Is this your new catchphrase?

Just because a guy walks into the best team in the league and looks good, does not mean he will be awesome. Plenty of kids do that these days and in a few years they are still at the same level they walked in at, but are surrounded be less talent. Danyle Pearce is a prime example.

The real mistake? Is this your new catchphrase?

Just because a guy walks into the best team in the league and looks good, does not mean he will be awesome. Plenty of kids do that these days and in a few years they are still at the same level they walked in at, but are surrounded be less talent. Danyle Pearce is a prime example.
You're like a bad smell, Brades. My point was, if you want a player from the Pies, then Fasolo is your man. Not Davis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point was, if you want a player from the Pies, then Fasolo is your man. Not Davis.

To be honest I would love to have anyone of a number of the u23 C'wood brigade.

Being a big follower of US sports, the salary cap squeeze should be on C'wood in the next 2 years (it lags dominance esp on teams with good youngsters who were signed on initial moderate contracts).

Any of these type of youngsters drop out, I would be on it like white on rice.

PS Clay/Brades - the name calling is kind of annoying for the rest of us when it is in every 2nd comment.

If he came to Fremantle, I'd say it is more than likely he would not look anywhere near as good. And as someone else said, without the real desire of knowing he could be playing in a premiership ... could just be using Freo as his retirement home.

At Collingwood, Leon doesn't have to defend either. That is our main problem with small defenders, we need someone to shut down guys like Milne, Garlett and Betts. Davis is not that player.

At Collingwood, Leon doesn't have to defend either. That is our main problem with small defenders, we need someone to shut down guys like Milne, Garlett and Betts. Davis is not that player.

I don't know what his form would look like at Freo but the above is untrue.

It was seen as a major weakness by many about what his ability to defend in one on one situations would be like pre-season but he has delivered on this big time. Time and time again he has won countless one on ones where he has completely out bodied and out marked his direct opponent on the last line of defence.

Matthew Lloyd points this out time and time again in his special comments role.

Good in a good team, would have the weight of the world on his shoulders in our team and would have turned out to be another overaged import that does nothing for 2 years and retires with nothing to show for it with us except a couple of white anting fans on his back.

If you think Hill is a confidence player who only performs when the side is up and flying then you haven't seen anything yet...Davis is your ultimate confidence player, he'd be enemy number on this board if he was at our club now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back