Leon & Skunk to WA?

Remove this Banner Ad

its rubbish if you ask me, westcoast wouldnt dream of giving up pick 7 for davis in the situation they're in, no way known, im not saying the thread starter didnt hear it on SEN im just saying SEN are talking shit. why would WC give up the chance of gaining a butcher or someone along those lines for davis ?, crazy talk, or i should say trade week talk, its the same thing.

why would westcoast give up pick 7 for davis when their prem windows a mile away ? sounds good to me though and if it happened i wouldnt be using it to land fev, id go for some serious young talent, i think davis would be a better fit for the dockers though, why wouldnt they be asking for him ?, they wouldnt want medhurst back i know but medhurst could go to the weagles for a nice pick or player, we could do very well out of this if the dockers came to the party.

Fremantle have Ballantyne, Walters and Mayne as small forwards/mids. They are rebuilding, so Davis is too old and will stall the development of the above three players. They aren't interested in trading draft picks or their quality players either, so only have Drum and Peake as 'trade bait', which would not be remotely interesting to Collingwood.

Fremantle have Ballantyne, Walters and Mayne as small forwards/mids. They are rebuilding, so Davis is too old and will stall the development of the above three players. They aren't interested in trading draft picks or their quality players either, so only have Drum and Peake as 'trade bait', which would not be remotely interesting to Collingwood.
but WC are rebuilding to, remember davis is more of a midfielder now days than a small forward, i wouldnt have thought he'd be worth a top 10 draft pick at his age, a top 10 draft picks going to get you a gun 10 yr player(chances are)

Seriously, Stokes? We are talking about the same Stokes from Geelong here arent we?

He isn't Leon Davis' bootlace.

Worsfold has said the number 7 pick is up for trade for an experienced small forward, surely only Davis and Medhurst fit this bill, not Stokes.

Stokes would be worth an early second round draft pick at absolute best.

I'm hoping none of this happens though, WCE would be better off keeping pick 7, we would be better off keeping Leon and Meds, and as for Fev, I really don't give a shit, the blokes the moron that makes lesser morons look good.

no argument that davis is better than stokes will ever be but thats not the point. stokes is a decent player that can fill a serious void for wce for many years to come. as i said, if davis were a couple years younger, different story...

stokes won't cost wce anythig like pick 7 either. i suspect same deal for medhurst if wce and collingwood came to terms.

no argument that davis is better than stokes will ever be but thats not the point. stokes is a decent player that can fill a serious void for wce for many years to come. as i said, if davis were a couple years younger, different story...

stokes won't cost wce anythig like pick 7 either. i suspect same deal for medhurst if wce and collingwood came to terms.

I agree, and this is where I just don't think pick 7 will come into play at all, unless Leon Davis has requested a move, which is highly unlikely. Even then you would assume Leon wouldn't be a straight swap for pick 7, it would involve something else from the pies too.

Either way, I just hope WCE keep their pick as I said, because then it means Leon is staying here, and you know I really don't want to change my avatar pic.:thumbsu:

but WC are rebuilding to, remember davis is more of a midfielder now days than a small forward, i wouldnt have thought he'd be worth a top 10 draft pick at his age, a top 10 draft picks going to get you a gun 10 yr player(chances are)

West Coast have also declared they want a small forward and believe they are closer to the finals than Fremantle. If Davis was recruited as a mid, he would be holding back the development of Hill, Palmer, Suban, Ibbotson etc.

its hard to put a value on medhurst, remember he was a gun in his 1st 2 years with the dockers and then went as cold as ice, a bit like he did this year with us, he could be one of those players who relax when they've earnt the respect of the club they're playing at and then coast, i watched him in the 2s prelim and he was nothing like the player we know he can be, id be happy to get a 1st rounder for him, i doubt it"ll happen though.

Just heard on SEN that Leon is wanting to move back to WA after having a "fallout" with MM.
Was it Leon Davis himself who said this on SEN? If not, then who was it? A club official? A family member? Mick Malthouse? His manager? A random caller?
Also heard that Medders has been in talks with his management about a possible return home as well.
Where did you hear this, and who was it that said it? Paul Medhurst himself? A club official? A family member? Mick Malthouse? His manager? A random caller? You're rather vague.
I have heard that Leon could be part of a trade to Westcoast for their pick 7 and Staker.
Where did you hear this? From the ladies gossiping in the sewing circle? Why aren't you including sources, and why are you so thin on details? It doesn't sound very credible to me.
im not saying the thread starter didnt hear it on SEN im just saying SEN are talking shit.
This itwdandy person didn't say anything at all in the original post. It sounds to me as if it was just a random caller and not an official report. This itwdandy person said even less regarding Paul Medhurst in the original post. People should not be allowed to begin such threads without full information.

West Coast have also declared they want a small forward and believe they are closer to the finals than Fremantle. If Davis was recruited as a mid, he would be holding back the development of Hill, Palmer, Suban, Ibbotson etc.
pick 7 though ?, i highly doubt it, we would jump at if offered i reckon.

I agree, and this is where I just don't think pick 7 will come into play at all, unless Leon Davis has requested a move, which is highly unlikely. Even then you would assume Leon wouldn't be a straight swap for pick 7, it would involve something else from the pies too.

Either way, I just hope WCE keep their pick as I said, because then it means Leon is staying here, and you know I really don't want to change my avatar pic.:thumbsu:

i'd imagine collingwood would be doing everything it can to hang on to leon. still a gun. if you guys can pick up fev with leon crumbing, wow what a combo. surely a premiership in the next 2-3 years...

i could see WC giving up pick 7 for davis and our pick 14, but id be unhappy about that unless our recruiters have earmarked someone special they could get for pick 7 in the draft but pick 14 seams destined for sydey so that wont happen, maybe davis and our second round pick ? id doubt the eagles would go for that either.

i'd imagine collingwood would be doing everything it can to hang on to leon. still a gun. if you guys can pick up fev with leon crumbing, wow what a combo. surely a premiership in the next 2-3 years...

CORRECT-A-MUNDO! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

If we get Fevola we must keep Neon + Clokey + Medders + Back2Back. Very potent. Very important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Fevola we must keep Neon + Clokey + Medders + Back2Back. Very potent. Very important.
Medhurst, Davis and Cloke are contracted players. I'm sure Collingwood plans on keeping all three. Fev is contracted too for that matter, but he has practically been sacked.

Thank god that some posters on here don't manage our list.

No chance we will be moving either Meds or Leon.

Too important to our structure.

Both needed for a big 2010.

Both are CONTRACTED.

Was it Leon Davis himself who said this on SEN? If not, then who was it? A club official? A family member? Mick Malthouse? His manager? A random caller?Where did you hear this, and who was it that said it? Paul Medhurst himself? A club official? A family member? Mick Malthouse? His manager? A random caller? You're rather vague.Where did you hear this? From the ladies gossiping in the sewing circle? Why aren't you including sources, and why are you so thin on details? It doesn't sound very credible to me.This itwdandy person didn't say anything at all in the original post. It sounds to me as if it was just a random caller and not an official report. This itwdandy person said even less regarding Paul Medhurst in the original post. People should not be allowed to begin such threads without full information.

It was a randow caller. And he asked Matt White if he'd heard anyhting along those lines. Matt said no not at all, but would follow it up now that the random caller had mentioned it....

Just heard on SEN that Leon is wanting to move back to WA after having a "fallout" with MM.

Also heard that Medders has been in talks with his management about a possible return home as well...

I have heard that Leon could be part of a trade to Westcoast for their pick 7 and Staker... Worsfold has said there pick 7 is on the table for an experienced small forward..

Is there any truth to this? and if so, what can we get for skunk? im thinking this is a way we could land Jolly and Fev...

Your thoughts

Its rubbish..

Given both players will be 28 by years end its hard to see either of the two WA clubs trading for them. Both clubs are still in their building phases and a few years off being a genuine contender so why would they trade for two blokes that will be on the down run of their careers when the clubs are finally ready. Its probably more likely that they're interested in Dick. I reckon the rumour might be more from those two players having one on one season reviews.

Also heard that Medders has been in talks with his management about a possible return home as well...

I have heard that Leon could be part of a trade to Westcoast for their pick 7 and Staker... Worsfold has said there pick 7 is on the table for an experienced small forward..

Is there any truth to this? and if so, what can we get for skunk? im thinking this is a way we could land Jolly and Fev...

Your thoughts

would do that for sure, not convinced on staker though. im a massive fan of leon BUT i do believe that to continue to develope as a group given the draft will be compromised for 4 yrs we need to make some big calls.
14 for jolly would give our ruck stocks a big boost while giving wood someone to mould himself on and free fraser to play to his strengths as a more central target link up man would also keep cloke closer to goal. if we then got 7 it has just improved our pick dramatically if we did want the likes of butcher.not sure what else though as 7 on its own isnt enough.

medders isnt going anywhere, big preseason injury free = back to best

How can Davis have a fallout with Mick?

Mick absolutely loves Leon. He would never put him up for trade.

And, Davis countless times has expressed his desire to stay with the club and repay the faith, which he has done,

He re-signed a new contract this season.

As for Medders, there is no way he is moving. Medium forwards with marking ability like he has are too valuable to lose. They give teams great flexibility in attack between the talls and smalls.

Neither are for sale and they won't be going anywhere.

Particularly if Staker is involved in any deal.

this deal won't happen. WCE are after an experienced forward pocket but not one that probably has only 3 years left in the game. this is why we are/were chasing stokes. he is experienced yet has a lot of years left. he should be peaking about the time we are playing finals again. davis will either be well past his best or retired when we are next making a push for finals. pick 7 (or better) for davis a couple years ago was realisitc but not now...

that said, i love the bloke. would love to have him back home.

So do I, my friend. It would be terrible to lose Leon. He is the best Collingwood player to watch by a mile.

If he does go to the Eagles, I hope he absolutely stars. Yes, even against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon & Skunk to WA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back