Leroy Jetta - slow learner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly a lot of you clever clogs aren't aware that accentuating actual contact to try and win a free (which dozens, maybe hundreds of players did this weekend alone) is not what the MRP are worried about here. They are only worried about incidents where there is no contact to accentuate.

Some of you morons should stop worrying about Jetta and look at the handful of players on your own team who did it this weekend.

If Jetta was hit slightly high and 'exaggerated' like he did, no problem. The fact that he was hit in the waste and threw his head back is the problem. Nothing happened to his head there for how were his actions classed as ' exaggerated'??????

Its amateur hour at the AFL MRP

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane
Leroy Jetta cleared of staging. Panel said his actions were exaggerated but not excessive and he did not feign illegal contact.

meanwhile AFL ‏@AFL
MRP: Ryan Crowley can accept a written reprimand for a first staging offence.

Sanity prevails, he got hit in the lower abdomen, that's why the trainers were with him. I agree his previous one was bad, but this one was legit, he got hit.

Clearly a lot of you clever clogs aren't aware that accentuating actual contact to try and win a free (which dozens, maybe hundreds of players did this weekend alone) is not what the MRP are worried about here. They are only worried about incidents where there is no contact to accentuate.

Some of you morons should stop worrying about Jetta and look at the handful of players on your own team who did it this weekend.

Except when he was charged with staging, Morris made contact!

Sanity prevails, he got hit in the lower abdomen, that's why the trainers were with him. I agree his previous one was bad, but this one was legit, he got hit.
Yeah this one was definitely legit.

I know from past experience that when you get hit in the abdomen you throw your head back in pain and fall over. But only after waiting half a second.

he isnt a soft piece of shit.

he is a diving piece of shit and should be dropped for that piss poor diving performance and hopefully he starts playing for the ****ing ball instead of for ****ing free kicks

Not like hes the only one that does it, every week we see players do it from every club, It make was want to punch the shit out of them.

They do it because it works simple as that, do not blame the player blame the umps for wanting to be part of the game and trying to show they have impact.

Lol now that comment comes from a true supporter.

This thread might as well be stickied because Jetta will be scrutinized for staging any time he falls over now, not to mention get a raw deal from umpires who might suspect his actions are false.

That is a penalty in itself. :eek:

If Jetta was hit slightly high and 'exaggerated' like he did, no problem. The fact that he was hit in the waste and threw his head back is the problem. Nothing happened to his head there for how were his actions classed as ' exaggerated'??????

Its amateur hour at the AFL MRP
I reckon it was just miles late. The Melbuorne player who went past him going away from goal appears to make glancing contact around the shoulder/head
Either way, terrible look and I bloody hope he stops it ASAP.
Takes a while to get rid of that stigma - Lloyd couldn't buy a free for a year or two after he stopped diving.

Overall, the MRP is a complete farce, as is the tribunal, how can someone run into a blokes head with his hip, full pelt and they say insufficient force? I have no idea what video they were looking at but couldn't have been teh one I saw

First Monfries, then Stanton and now Jetta. I ask this as a serious question, is it a coaching directive at Essendon? I know every team have a lot of players throw their arms or head back when they are infringed upon and there is genuine, solid contact. But these guys at Essendon are going down like they have been shot when there isn't even any contact at all. The AFL needs to step in IMO and just start automatically suspending players who do it more than once.

Naming and shaming people like Jetta isn't going to work. He gets outed, publicly lambasted and fined, then the next week he does it again. He obviously has no shame.

Like most people, bar a few hardline Essendon supporters, I think the MRP have totally ****ed this rule by not fining Jetta for a second time. Disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leroy Jetta - slow learner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back