Let's all laugh at James Sellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the Crowites with a reason to smile. Sure, basically your best 22 minus Sloane just got their asses absolutely handed to them by a Geelong side missing Selwood, Hawkins, SJ and all 4 of their ruckmen, but today a spud kicked 5 goals in a game between Melbourne's C team and Port's C team. Lol poort!

If anything, doesn't Sellar's improvement at Melbourne of all places say an awful lot about the club that delisted him? You can't even develop a player better than ******* MELBOURNE developed him? You guys could use this version of Sellar back, seeing as you're one injury away from having to play Shaun McKernan :oops:

Ha ! Objection !

Off topic

Sustained !!! :D
No need to rant - just plead guilty to having a sub standard list for an AFL club

Sadly for you, Trengove revealed that his form remains horrible and he has no tricks. Can't run, isn't especially strong, has poor disposal and lacks composure. All great traits for a key defender.

Meh it is the preseason.... how did Rutten and Co fair this weekend?

Sadly for you, Trengove revealed that his form remains horrible and he has no tricks. Can't run, isn't especially strong, has poor disposal and lacks composure. All great traits for a key defender.

Sounds like what they said about " 5 goal Jimmy " ;)
Maybe Jackson will come good ... Nah .. Well .... maybe .....

if he gets to play AGAINST Port !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad you asked, was rated as third best for us yesterday. Talia didn't play, neither did Shaw.

Sorry must have been another Rutten I heard Crowites complaining about being too slow. BTW I didn't ask who didn't play, but was just wondering why your nearly full strength team let through 30 scoring shots.

EDIT: just on Rutten... perhaps you were confused (easy for Crowites I know) and had the wrong game, because I couldn't see Rutten's name in the "best" list on the AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/nab-cup/2013/2/geel-v-adel

GOALS
Geelong: Kersten 3, Bartel 2, Smedts 2, Duncan 2, Murdoch 2, Mackie, Blicavs, Kelly, Horlin-Smith, T. Hunt,
Adelaide: Dangerfield 3, Johncock, Porplyzia, Van Berlo, Douglas, Martin

BEST
Geelong: Taylor, Kelly, Bartel, Varcoe, Duncan, Mackie, Rivers
Adelaide: Dangerfield, Thompson, Wright, Vince, Henderson

But lets not distract from the mighty effort by Sellar for finishing off some good work by some kiddy turnovers. He did well. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

BTW loving your work VB :p

Sorry must have been another Rutten I heard Crowites complaining about being too slow. BTW I didn't ask who didn't play, but was just wondering why your nearly full strength team let through 30 scoring shots.

EDIT: just on Rutten... perhaps you were confused (easy for Crowites I know) and had the wrong game, because I couldn't see Rutten's name in the "best" list on the AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/nab-cup/2013/2/geel-v-adel

But lets not distract from the mighty effort by Sellar for finishing off some good work by some kiddy turnovers. He did well. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

BTW loving your work VB :p

4th best sorry.

From The Advertiser:

GEELONG v ADELAIDE
CATS 2.5.6 2.9.8 2.13.11 2.16.12 (126)
CROWS 0.2.0 0.5.4 0.6.4 1.8.6 (63)
BEST PLAYERS: GEELONG: Taylor, Kelly, Varcoe, Mackie, Bartel, Horlin-Smith, Enright. ADELAIDE: Dangerfield, van Berlo, Thompson, Rutten, Vince.
NINE-POINTERS: Geelong: Chapman, Varcoe. Adelaide: Kerridge.
GOALS: Geelong: Kersten 3, Smedts, Bartel, Murdoch Duncan 2, Mackie, Horlin-Smith, Kelly, Blicavs, Hunt. Adelaide: Dangerfield 3, Martin, Johncock, Porplyzia, van Berlo, Douglas.
INJURIES: Geelong: Chapman (sore quad). UMPIRES: Scott Jeffery, Nicholas Foot, Andrew Talbot.

:thumbsu:
I think it's pretty obvious Adelaide have no idea how to develop players.
Sellar kicked a bag of goals for us in a NAB Cup game once so this isn't a first for him. It seems that Jim saves his best for March.

I'm sure Port were just participating in the great make a wish foundation initiative.

Kudos to Port for allowing this absolute spud of a footballer in James Sellar play the game of his life. It was always his dream to be a 'match winner' in an AFL match and I tip my hats to all at Port for getting in the spirit and letting the idiot have his day in the sun :thumbsu:

I'm sure Port were just participating in the great make a wish foundation initiative.

Kudos to Port for allowing this absolute spud of a footballer in James Sellar play the game of his life. It was always his dream to be a 'match winner' in an AFL match and I tip my hats to all at Port for getting in the spirit and letting the idiot have his day in the sun :thumbsu:

I'd like to say that it was that altruistic, but the reality is we told Trengove to let him kick a few to goad Melbourne into picking him for Round 1.

4th best sorry.

From The Advertiser:

Ahhh... that explains it. Perhaps a new CPR thread is in order or an addition to the "Media Watch" thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on the Port v Melb game did anyone see how our new captain Travis Cornes went against the Demons?

I'd like to say that it was that altruistic, but the reality is we told Trengove to let him kick a few to goad Melbourne into picking him for Round 1.

I can actually believe Port would do that ...

Ahhh... that explains it. Perhaps a new CPR thread is in order or an addition to the "Media Watch" thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on the Port v Melb game did anyone see how our new captain Travis Cornes went against the Demons?

Ah so there is an issue with it being in The Advertiser. So they are obviously incorrect about Wines' stellar performances also, or is it only when you don't like what they say that they are wrong? Can't have it both ways kaysee. I thought Rutten did pretty well on Saturday goven the number of balls flying over the back of defence. He held his own and created some movement, so not unreasonable to say he had a pretty fair day.

If anything, doesn't Sellar's improvement at Melbourne of all places say an awful lot about the club that delisted him?

You call 38 games since 2008 development, 16 of them last year? So a depth player in the Adelaide line up who could hardly break into the side because of the talent Adelaide have, gets 16 games at Melbourne...... Now you are justifying why a player who is slowly developing gave your "future star" a lesson. Really get over yourself.

If you really want to troll development read this article before you start.
At Alberton this week, when Williams has busily plotted Part Two of his grand rebuilding plan, someone asked: "Who are the best three players at this club still to play their 50th AFL games?"

The argument is still raging. Midfielder Danyle Pearce is a unanimous choice, as acknowledged by his triumph in the NAB Rising Star Award. And then?

Key defender Troy Chaplin. Running defenders Brad Symes and Jacob Surjan, fellow Rising Star nominees. Midfielder Adam Thomson.

There is a hint in Greg Bentley. Who knows what can be made of the strapping body Ryan Willits carries. And Williams did not give Josh Carr's No. 9 guernsey to James Ezard for no reason. Michael Pettigrew, if Port can work out where he is best placed - perhaps on a wing?
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-12th-and-loving-it/story-e6frecsc-1111112220197

Who? Why didn't Port Power develop these promising youngsters?

Ah so there is an issue with it being in The Advertiser. So they are obviously incorrect about Wines' stellar performances also, or is it only when you don't like what they say that they are wrong? Can't have it both ways kaysee.

The sure is... as it is an unreliable tabloid news source!

As for Wines, I have no idea what they had to say about him... I'm simply happy when they get the factual details like (names, positions etc) right. I'm not concerned about their opinion on how someone performed or ranked in their "best players". After all Adelaide were "robbed of draft picks" weren't they?

I thought Rutten did pretty well on Saturday goven the number of balls flying over the back of defence. He held his own and created some movement, so not unreasonable to say he had a pretty fair day.

Good to hear. That's all I asked: "how did Rutten and Co go"? Ah well... so long as Rutten is ageless and Talia doesn't suffer 2nd year blues... you guys will be in tip top shape. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's all laugh at James Sellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back