Mega Thread Lets Chase This Guy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Benny insted if we cant land Craig?

Is it co-incidence that Cotchin had his best-ever year after Cousins left? That Martin continued to improve and didn't suffer second-year blues?

Cotchin had his first pre season, and I think Dusty did have a mild case of second year blues.

Neither had anything to do with Cousins though.

I'd love to have him around the club, especially if it would help him get/keep straight, but not as a coach.

I think it's been understood for a long time that while Ben is a great on field leader, motivator and was godd at onfield tactics ( choosing between the options the coaches have already come up with ), he's not one of the great thinkers of the game, and isn't likely to come up with any significant innovations, meaning he's unsuited to the tactical side of coaching.

As for the development side, I'd rather give the job(s) to someone with a stronger sports science background.

Our time with Ben has passed, we gave him a lifeline and helped him with his recovery, time Ben sorted himself out away from Footy. There are better people out there to fill the coaching roles at Richmond.

I have no issue if he became a development coach since we will be getting 4 new ones and I think he would do a good job at that, but actual midfield coach not suited for him and the job we have offered Neil Craig going to Cousins is laughable and just reeks of desperation.

heard from a friend out west that hes back on the gear. Sad if true. Must be some reason why he hasn't landed a gig somewhere.

Just to make it clear, it wasn't my post.

Haere Ra

You wouldn't post something like that. Its not your style.
I find it a bit confusing to have 2 kiwi tigers. As far as i am aware, you were the first, yes?
Kiwi_Tiger, as you don't have your Private Message function turned on, I am going to have to ask you to change your name...maybe NZ Tiger? Let me know what you would prefer and I will get admin to do the rest.
It's too confusing and KiwiTiger had it first.
Thanks.

Our time with Ben has passed, we gave him a lifeline and helped him with his recovery, time Ben sorted himself out away from Footy. There are better people out there to fill the coaching roles at Richmond.
Exactly how I feel as well.:thumbsu:

Ben cousins has vocied intrest in helping us move forward in a coaching or development role.

Would love to see Ben as a development coach cause he is a freak in the gym and i believe that rubbed of a bit when he was playing for us.

I reckon Ben would be our plan B or even Plan A as he is a more a Tiger than Neil :thumbsu:

im with you all the way BIRD MAN. would be terrific for the club. he was the hardest working footballer, dedicated to his sport but also that rubbish crap in the past! he has changed, he has a baby on the way. we know if he is back with us that he will be safe and we will know his on the right path. he wants to help the club move forward. come back cuzzy

Re: Rocket Eade or gary ayres

The 1 st round against carlton where jack went crazy kicking goal and the cheats had no idea on how to control him.

We went into 'safe' mode to quick rather than just full on attack, a more experienced side with better fitness and cooler heads would of put them away.

It was a game we let slip.

I agree with many of the comments made and would not ever want to risk the players being lead down the wrong path, but I would hope there are programs etc to minimise this possibility. Also when we talk elite performance we are talking small differences that are the difference between winning and losing. I'm all for the club doing what it believes will give us that edge. If that's with Ben or not so be it whatever those in the positions think is best is what I support.

I'd suggest his real life experience more than compensates for the lack of a uni degree . Everything good in this world hasn't been invented or developed on the back of university education .

To not co-operate with authorities in a murder investigation, to run away from a booze bus and how to take illicit substances and avoid testers?

All things every aspiring AFL player should know.

Ben will never come back to Punt Rd so we need to let that fantasy go. His Mrs is preggo and all her family is in W.A so i don't think he will leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Chris Connolly

Now that he has been jetisoned by the all conquering demons , would he be a better fit than CC?

Discuss

I had Chris as a teacher at high school. He is a nice person and good to chat with :) In regards to Richmond unsure whos better Connolly or Cameron.

Re: Chris Connolly

Ahhhh...yes Chris Connolly...the word "jetisoned" is involved with him, whether he is the one being jetisoned or the man behind the scenes when someone else is...has been at 3 clubs now, let someone else give him number 4.

summing all that up..he is shit!! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Lets Chase This Guy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back