Let's Take a Deep Breath!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coons17

Senior List
May 11, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
OK, yes we got done today and the 1st half was unacceptable, but honestly we were not playing for anything today. We had nothing to gain from today's game while North were playing for a spot in the top 4. The 2nd half we showed some great fight and maybe that will kick start us for next 7 weeks or so. Let's all just take a deep breath and remember we cant be dislodged from 3rd. Sure it's no excuse for the 1st half but ay, not that concerned, only getting done by 20 points against a rival with everything to play for, with no injuries, well ill accept that.

And don't think oh gee near enough is good enough is what im saying because it's not. Im totally the opposite, but in the scheme of things aslong as our boys are 100 % come first week of finals ill be happy.

P.S- Must have a giggle at the north board for thinking they can win the flag and that they should be ahead of us in flag favoritism.

Ok fine. Providing we don't go into meltdown and lose every game from now on and Sydney win every game even though they play their bogey team Colling wood and Geelong and North win their last 3 games even though they also play Geelong and are required to win those games by 10 goals to match our percentage well then. Then yes we can be dislodged but lets be reasonable we wont.

Happy with that Butane!:D

Ok fine. Providing we don't go into meltdown and lose every game from now on and Sydney win every game even though they play their bogey team Colling wood and Geelong and North win their last 3 games even though they also play Geelong and are required to win those games by 10 goals to match our percentage well then. Then yes we can be dislodged but lets be reasonable we wont.

Happy with that Butane!:D

We had the chance to shut the door today. Ah well, it is unlikely we'll finish any lower then 3rd. Correct.

OK, yes we got done today and the 1st half was unacceptable, but honestly we were not playing for anything today. We had nothing to gain from today's game while North were playing for a spot in the top 4. The 2nd half we showed some great fight and maybe that will kick start us for next 7 weeks or so. Let's all just take a deep breath and remember we cant be dislodged from 3rd. Sure it's no excuse for the 1st half but ay, not that concerned, only getting done by 20 points against a rival with everything to play for, with no injuries, well ill accept that.

And don't think oh gee near enough is good enough is what im saying because it's not. Im totally the opposite, but in the scheme of things aslong as our boys are 100 % come first week of finals ill be happy.

P.S- Must have a giggle at the north board for thinking they can win the flag and that they should be ahead of us in flag favoritism.

Sorry, can't agree with you here Coons 17, but I'm sure that several of the players have the same laissez faire attitude which underlies your post. I for one don't want to "take a deep breath", I want to see maximum effort from my team every time I go to see them play - that's what I'm paying for!

As I do after every loss, I have taken my deep breath and am not swearing and ranting but I am sick of the 'we have nothing to play for' crap. We play three sides fighting for a spot in the top 8 in the next 3 weeks. Does that mean we are going to lose to all of them because we have nothing to play for and they do? Geelong has nothing to play for but they beat Melbourne by 116 points! They had nothing to play for but still worked their butts off to the final siren and ran and harassed and tackled like there was no tomorrow. Hawthorn had nothing to play for but won by 11 goals against a side fighting for a top eight spot.

We have plenty to play for. Form is everything and at the moment we have none. 3 losses and a win against Sydney's seconds is not a way to develop confidence.

We better hope Geelong continues to care so they can knock off North and Sydney and make 3rd a certainty for us because if we don't have anything to play for we won't win.

Sure it's no excuse for the 1st half but ay, not that concerned, only getting done by 20 points against a rival with everything to play for, with no injuries, well ill accept that.

Adam Simpson (captain), Hamish McIntosh (1st ruckman), Aaron Edwards (CHF), Jesse Smith (backline quarterback) and 2 of our running midfielders.

Hey Guys,

Were always going to have supporters coming out making ridiculous statements after today's game. I dont think you guys have much to worry about. Its such an even season. north came in desperate to hang on to a top 4 chance. For me north have done nothing until we do something in the finals.

the real challenge for you guys is how to approach the next three weeks as your in such a unique spot having done all the ground work in the early part of the season.

I suppose winning form is good form
good luck for the rest of the year.

Sorry, can't agree with you here Coons 17, but I'm sure that several of the players have the same laissez faire attitude which underlies your post. I for one don't want to "take a deep breath", I want to see maximum effort from my team every time I go to see them play - that's what I'm paying for!

This poor form raises a lot off questions. Don't like it! Especially at the pointy end off the year when confidence is everything.

Will any team in the finals think they can't beat us? Not one will doubt there ability to beat us. That is what Geelong have and its a big advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and Hawthorn aren't dropping off, so why the hell should we be in any way satisfied with today's performance?

We were crap against Melbourne and Carlton, lucky to get away with a win against Sydney and today was just awful.

Why does our team give us heartburn year after year?

Just once in my lifetime I want us to have an era of success like the Cats are having now.:(

Geelong and Hawthorn aren't dropping off, so why the hell should we be in any way satisfied with today's performance?

We were crap against Melbourne and Carlton, lucky to get away with a win against Sydney and today was just awful.

Why does our team give us heartburn year after year?

Just once in my lifetime I want us to have an era of success like the Cats are having now.:(

Exactly!

Hey guys

Bad luck today, but plz beat the Hawks in the finals :) :thumbsu:

Murphy, Johnson and Hahn did some pretty awesome things today, see you in the finals

Oh my god you can not be serious. Not one team can get or lose 10% in 3 games. Were set in stone. We play hawks fisrt week of finals

carlton made up 4.5% this round...

It's only 3.5%.

So you're predicting we will lose all three games (against Brisbane who are barely going and we haven't lost to in 4 years, Essendon have nothing to play for and Adelaide fair enough) and thinking Sydney and North will beat the Cats.

All will be revealed next week. Brisbane are desperate for a good performance and we are really struggling to put 4 quarters together.

Beat Brisbane by 10 and the smile will be on the dile. Lose and concerns will be raised even higher

What I have learned today:
  • Street is no good and should be used only as an emergency - and definatley not played with Minson.
  • Hudson is so important to our side and our finals chances (rest up big fella)
  • Johno and Murphy are getting their mojo back at the right time of the year
  • The midfield is struggling and needs to be rested through rotations for the next few weeks - hopefully with Higgins and maybe Westy coming back in.
  • That our first quarters are serially bad - and we need to address this before the finals
  • That our backline is looking weak with the absence of Williams and also Addison for our defensive skills.
  • That North were desperate today, much more desperate than we were.

I'm not too down today, mainly because I'm focusing on the positives. A lot of good things happened in today's game. I'm not being complacent or anything. It just upsets me too much to dwell on the bad points. Did that after the Carlton game (which was a worse loss I reckon), it took me til Wednesday to start getting over it :p so I'm suppressing my disappointment and hoping it never has occasion to erupt

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's Take a Deep Breath!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back