Let’s start again - Changes R18 vs Carltank

Remove this Banner Ad

Last chance for 2 x tiks I'm selling before I offload them to the general public
4zFY.gif

flipping Poulter welcome to another one of what we should call Billy Gowers selection. I love you Bevo and I want to believe in you but when you select players like Poulter over Carcia ,Daniel etc I just start wonder if I can keep my faith in you

Caleb was ineffective at best vs Werribee and rubbish at worst.

That backline contains two best 22 defenders. One of whom is on the rookie list.

Then theres the interchange bench. Which tells us everything we need to know about our midfield depth.

And no Garcia wouldn't have significantly changed that dynamic if he was one of them.

I look forward to Kane explaining to us how in reality this is an underachieving top 4 list after we get flogged.
Getting the excuses in early I see.

Caleb was ineffective at best vs Werribee and rubbish at worst.
Daniels low can be low but Poulter will give you just a good average game. I am so angry at the selection of Poulter let's spend hundreds of thousands of dollars reviewing our football department and 12 months later same crap

An ineffective Daniel might just be better than Poulter who will get his 12 disposals and run around everywhere for no impact on the game.
Surely Keith has to play if he is an emergency.
But then again we wouldn't have a chance either way so play the youth and hope someone shows something.

Going to be a tough walk back to the car after this one

We are really protecting Buss. I don’t mind it and do understand it even though I’d love to see him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poulter is our next best wing option, which suggests to me that Williams will play back and potentially on Curnow. Not the worst plan considering our injuries
If Poulter is our next best wing option I am off to Peru with the American Indians nude dancing festival to join them

We are really protecting Buss. I don’t mind it and do understand it even though I’d love to see him play.
Yep. I think I remember reading and hearing that Bevo likes to hold back kids until he is 100% confident.

Think Scott is doing that too with our Lewis Hayes.

I cannot wait to see him debut for you guys and reckon he will be a very solid player.

Yep. I think I remember reading and hearing that Bevo likes to hold back kids until he is 100% confident.

Think Scott is doing that too with our Lewis Hayes.

I cannot wait to see him debut for you guys and reckon he will be a very solid player.

He’s erratic. Sometimes he throws them to the wolves, sometimes he holds them back. Gave O’Donnell a debut just after he took off his pads.

I'm making the trek this week, which will be closer to a 5+ hour round trip via VLine than my regular drive down the highway.

I think back to Alan Joyce in 1995(?) choosing to start Leon Cameron at chb on Wayne Carey at VUWO. As they lined up for the opening bounce, we saw the '8' on his jumper, and assumed it was Sedat Sir, which was concerning enough (no offence to Sedat, but he wasn't in Carey's league, but from memory we had limited options at the time). Then we realised it WAS Leon!

It actually wasn't as bad as it seemed, as an individual contest for a while. Cameron played out in front of Carey, had some early wins intercepting marks and rebounding. Eventually though, after finding other avenues to score, a 6-goal-ish 1/4 time lead to North was beyond us, even though we hung in there. From memory Joyce eventually conceded and moved Cameron away. I think Carey actually got BOG and/or 3 Brownlow votes for the latter part of his game (opposed by Sir or Standfield).

It was an interesting tactic though, and not something Carey or Pagan expected, but also relied on our mids creating pressure on North CB clearances so Cameron didn't have to compete with Carey in the air. Joyce's 2 finals series with us were notorious for most of our talls being unavailable both years (not his fault, even if he was ultimately the wrong choice as coach for the list we had), and forced to rely on mids and smalls, and apart from the Brownless last-gasp goal final, we were smashed in the other finals due to limited tall timber.

Anyway, coming back to the point I think I was making, if a Bailey Williams can break even with an (allegedly) out-of-form/injured/ill Curnow, we MIGHT be able to pull off some sort of miracle. And that's because our coach is Luke Beveridge, and not Alan Joyce.

And, um, yeah, that's all I've got...

But I want to believe. I so, so want to believe.

Come on Saltwater lads, show us a backs-to-the-wall spirited fight, like the Prince Imperials of old, the 'Scray, the Scraggers, the 54 shop-early Bulldogs, the 2016 handball-happy never-say-die Bevo's (and Murph's and Easton's) Bullgods.

Woof, woof, ****ing WOOF!!! 🔴⚪🔵

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s start again - Changes R18 vs Carltank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back