Lets Talk About 2014: Locked Players for You

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Riewoldt, Goddard, Hanley, Nicholls, Jobe Watson, Beams (Pies), Barlow (Maybe), Libba (Maybe), Grundy (Maybe) & Tom Lynch (Crows/Maybe).

Could I go in to the season without both Ablett & Swan? Wowee!

Hopefully Suckling will be reasonably priced. Perfect starting D4 with his history.
Marc Murphy actually started well for me this year. Obvious M5 in 2014 at this price. Gaff will be tempting too.
Rooks - Morabito/Hogan/Martin/Mitch Banner/Scharenburg/Hallahan/N Graham (Carlton green vesting this dude has its benefits)
Ian Bell

Backs:

Bartel
Mitchell
Gibbs
Birchall
Suckling

Mids:

Swan
Ablett
Beams
Watson
Cotchin
Murphy

also consider: Pendles, Danger, Stanton, Deledio, Redden, Jack

Rucks:

Maric
Naitanui

also consider: Jacobs, Minson

Forwards:

Franklin
Pavlich
Roughead
if DPP: Sidey, Thomas, Martin, Wingard

If Rockliff maintains he's forward status he'd just about be my only lock at this stage. He doesn't have downside, his downside is his 90 odd average that we saw last year with him playing through injuries and Voss. He also suffered from Voss again this year (when I say that, I mean Voss playing in in the forward line so much) which won't remain an issue next year. This is a guy who has a fantastic dreamteam based game, he's a bit like Swan, he knows how to rack up plenty of +6's, he isn't that damaging with the ball and also has some quality midfielders around him (such as Rich) which means he should avoid the tag more often then not.

In 2011, his 3rd season at AFL level (I think (1 game in 09 and 19 in 2010) he averaged 112.1 DT when he was a midfielder and I'd say his average was around 118 in the second half of the season if my memory serves me correctly.

Ah, had to check the stats myself as I know it was huge. From round 14-24 he averaged 120.6 with a low of 103 DT over that 11 game period!

Really, the only guys I see as having locks are the 3 I had as locks last year in Goddard, Gibbs and Rockliff if they all keep their DPP status.

Chad Wingard has kicked 39 goals. Should be listed as a fwd. He's the new Chappy of DT.

Definitely going to lock him in next year.

Jack Martin might even be a starter for me next year. According to the SuperCoach show on Fox Footy he's been averaging 111 SC points this year in the NEAFL.

Jack Martin might even be a starter for me next year. According to the SuperCoach show on Fox Footy he's been averaging 111 SC points this year in the NEAFL.

most of the round 1 draftees have really high SC scores...not sure why probably the scaling is different. Wines had 140 and Whitfield had 150 last year (wtf). having said that martin should get JOM-esque scores

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody should have Martin next year. But don't judge him on NEAFL performances, it's a really, really shit league.

Everybody should have Martin next year. But don't judge him on NEAFL performances, it's a really, really shit league.
To be fair, literally half of an AFL reserve team's games in that league are against another AFL reserve team. Take note of how Martin played against Lions, Giants, Swans and some of the top Qld teams and disregard the rest if you want a relatively accurate assessment of how he would have performed at an accepted reserves level.

To be fair, literally half of an AFL reserve team's games in that league are against another AFL reserve team. Take note of how Martin played against Lions, Giants, Swans and some of the top Qld teams and disregard the rest if you want a relatively accurate assessment of how he would have performed at an accepted reserves level.
Fair point, but I just meant in general. There are some very ordinary sides in there.

Fair point, but I just meant in general. There are some very ordinary sides in there.
Fortunately they're cutting the amount of teams back massively next year which should improve the quality.

Labrador is a quality side.

Davie Swallow's name being thrown around? Jeez Louise. If you want to look around there, Harley is your man.

Is that Mitchell in the backs Sam? If that is I think I'm missing something. Birch, Suckling and Hodge in the backs, yummmmm

Will be looking to base a starting side around some configuration of the following (injury and trades etc permitting):

Griff, Barlow, Pendles, Ablett, Boak, Rocky, Minson, Grundy, Hogan, J Martin, T Walker, Suckling, Hanley, Goddard, Hunter, Libba, J Daniher, SJ, Viney, Caddy, A Hall, Wingard, Colquhoun, Rohan and a stack of kids.

potential bargains 2014

ade - Walker
brl - Polec
car -
col - D.Thomas, Fasolo, Young
ess -
fre - Pavlich, Sandilands, Morabito
gcs - Bock, Martin
gee - McIntosh, Menzel
gws - Patton, O'Rourke
haw - Suckling
mel - Clark, Hogan