Lets talk Corona, how does the club survive this, including players fans etc...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

This will sound selfish.. but what really upsets me so much, we have waited so many decades for our time as the team to beat and apparently on a dynasty etc.. and then a pandemic sweeps the world and most likely there won't ever be a 2020 season . . It's all so Richmondy...
Na I don't think it's selfish. I've had the same thoughts. A dynasty is so hard to come by. But then on the flipside it could possibly mean we get more longevity via a freshen up for senior players. E.g. someone like Cotch who puts his body on the line every week. And in addition the possibility of the return of a rested Rance 2021.

I think the CV drasticly increases the Rance return scenario

furthermore while its a shame to lose a year with many good players in the primes - the older guys may find it a blessing in terms of hunger and rejuvenating their bodies

Cotchin, Houli, Edwards etc. are very professional too will come back tiptop

Realistically, the AFL may not survive this as a whole, at least in the way that we've known it.

It's at least comforting to know that, if this did end up being the end of the current era as we know it, it went out with Richmond as the reigning premiers.

AFL mk.2 might be better anyway

Cripps, King, Heppel etc. might be up for grabs

The return of the mighty 12 sided VFL...
Could be the opportunity the AFL needs to reset
Richmond
Collingwood
Carlton
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
West Coast
Adelaide
Brisbane
Sydney
Tasmania
+1 more

22 game season, play each other twice, top 5 finals.
You wouldn't pull the trigger on this for no reason - but if its needed for short term survival, it mightn't be the worst thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be the opportunity the AFL needs to reset
Richmond
Collingwood
Carlton
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
West Coast
Adelaide
Brisbane
Sydney
Tasmania
+1 more

22 game season, play each other twice, top 5 finals.
You wouldn't pull the trigger on this for no reason - but if its needed for short term survival, it mightn't be the worst thing.

merge Carlton and Essendon

10 teams about right

quality will be excellent

I’m starting to think that 17w maybe fanciful However am still convinced that they will put a slab of games up plus finals perhaps 12 or 13 plus finals . Expect a shitload of MCG games , in fact it wouldn’t surprise if rfc and coll never left as the afl milk us for all we re worth with 60k crowds week in week out . Read same for 2021 fixture , we won’t leave the mcg

Mark my words that for next10y until the finances are completely rebuilt decisions will be made on solid commercial grounds , not speculative, tassie can wait , as will our punt rd development
Yep. As a Tasmanian, it's heartbreaking, but the game isn't going to be healthy enough to expand.

Definitely agree with others here that the silver lining of this may be that weaker clubs join together to strengthen the comp as a whole e.g. one Queensland team, merge a couple of Victorian sides.

West coast could come out of this a bigger club then entering they have a shit load of cash in the bank they could help keep say the dogs afloat if the dogs trade them bont for a 4th round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets talk Corona, how does the club survive this, including players fans etc...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back