Lets talk Corona, how does the club survive this, including players fans etc...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

My nominations to replace Geelong are Broadmeadows, Dubbo and Christmas Island.
I vote this mob

Nar Nar Goon

Gee watching classifieds , broadcast contract not paying , afl seeking 500 mn line of credit from nab , this shits real
C7 and Fox were never gonna pay and they won’t have the brass next time around.

footy as we know it is dead, it will be pay per view moving forward and **** the punters

West coast could come out of this a bigger club then entering they have a shit load of cash in the bank they could help keep say the dogs afloat if the dogs trade them bont for a 4th round pick
In general this is going to make the strong clubs much stronger. While poor clubs fight for survival over coming years, rich clubs will be able to continue close to as normal and really put a gap in the competition. Richmond/West Coast/Collingwood/Hawthorn to be dominant for 10 years.

In general this is going to make the strong clubs much stronger. While poor clubs fight for survival over coming years, rich clubs will be able to continue close to as normal and really put a gap in the competition. Richmond/West Coast/Collingwood/Hawthorn to be dominant for 10 years.
EPL here we come, the weaker clubs IF they survive will be cannon fodder

I find it a bit rich that AFL whose thrown endless wasteful money at failed ventures such as the AFLX, games in China, Gold Coast Suns, AFLW, and GWS (off-field) is demanding the players take a paycut. When this is all over the AFLPA should be calling for more of a say on where the AFL is spending its money.

Channel 7 should just replay last years season. Problem solved.

I started re-watching 2019 last night, planning to watch a game a week.

Round 1 last night. We smashed them early, took the foot off the pedal and they scored a bunch of goals from iffy free kicks. Marc Murphy was practisising his 1.5m distancing from every Tiger player. Things were so wildly different back then...

I find it a bit rich that AFL whose thrown endless wasteful money at failed ventures such as the AFLX, games in China, Gold Coast Suns, AFLW, and GWS (off-field) is demanding the players take a paycut. When this is all over the AFLPA should be calling for more of a say on where the AFL is spending its money.

thats how arrogant AFL HQ have been and yet some people take their word as from god??

We should be playing Collingwood in a 5 game match up series, two at punt road, two at Vic Park, one neutral venue revenues from Australia and USA broadcasting, no crowds, Mason Cox playing with Pies versus the premiers Richmond, and the clubs look after their own!!!

Time for clubs like RFC to move forward creating their own safe environment for the players. AFL HQ could not run a chook raffle!!

Last edited:
Should do 2 leagues ... 10 teams each
Superleugue .. like EPL the 10 biggest
Division 2 .. the crap, low supporter, poor teams ... have 1 or 2 teams relegated/qualify from the top league every year. If the crap clubs get their shit together the can go up.
More finals, more games, more cups for all.
Shit c;lubs that are poorly run can stay in division 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im wondering if AFLW will
Fall victim to the revenue issues the AFL is going to face this year? If it’s not profitable then surely it would be on the table for axing if the financials start to look really bad
I don't see how aflw will survive after the corona virus crisis

West coast could come out of this a bigger club then entering they have a shit load of cash in the bank they could help keep say the dogs afloat if the dogs trade them bont for a 4th round pick

We already kept you lot afloat when we paid 4 million to get in to the league.

We’ll be keeping our 35 million cash and 105 million in assets thank you very much.

Tough times for everybody but we already fund the WAFL with our royalty to WAFC every year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We already kept you lot afloat when we paid 4 million to get in to the league.

We’ll be keeping our 35 million cash and 105 million in assets thank you very much.

Tough times for everybody but we already fund the WAFL with our royalty to WAFC every year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

who are you going to play against lol

no afl = no oppo

if you make it a western australian league then eagles v south freo? should be fun

at least you go some money right ?

Last edited:
Yep. No way knowing AFL will cast aside the AFLW. Not a hope in hell

wrong it was always a massive money drain and the situation just changed big time

afl is in big trouble they cant focus on womens football now with very real chances saints norf carlton etc. will fold.

they just took out a 1/2 billion emergency loan apparently

if mens pro footy doesnt die, they will probable focus on underage (female) system, 'talent pathways' before trying again with a professional elite womens league

C7 and Fox were never gonna pay and they won’t have the brass next time around.

footy as we know it is dead, it will be pay per view moving forward and fu** the punters
Agree...the CV just killed it...
Full pay view maybe next...
Weak sides on commercial tv...

wrong it was always a massive money drain and the situation just changed big time

afl is in big trouble they cant focus on womens football now with very real chances saints norf carlton etc. will fold

they just took out a 1/2 billion emergency loan apparently

if pro footy doesnt die, they will probable focus on underage system before trying again with a professional elite womens league

believe me i won’t be wrong.
Those clubs have all got AFLW licences and May consider handing them back to keep their club afloat. The AFL will NOT wind up the AFLW.

believe me i won’t be wrong.
Those clubs have all got AFLW licences and May consider handing them back to keep their club afloat. The AFL will NOT wind up the AFLW.

i dont believe you and respectfully disagree

with will see how it plays out, hopefully you are correct but i have big doubts

iirc 80% of afl staff have been fired or will be in the pipeline with the remaining taking paycuts, womens professional football will be very low on the list right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets talk Corona, how does the club survive this, including players fans etc...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back