Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour that another 3 Boys from the city are coming up to Navarre to play with there mates. 2 of these players are ex premiership players and the other a good ones player. A centre half Back and 2 onballers. With their side last year how would they go in the upcoming year with these recruits
Will certainly help them, midfield was probably already their strength, they needed some backs so that will help them definitely. Would probably also need some help for Robertson to threaten.

can anyone give me some information on a bloke called Michael Fitzgerald. played for c/l a couple of years ago, height, weight, playing position etc.

Heard a rumour that Carngham Linton have a new coach that is an ex Central Highlands forward. Any truth in the rumours??????????????
The other rumour is that the big fish is going back to Lexton!!!!! I remember those amazing half time coaches sprays in the club rooms at Tigerland.
Any other comings and goings.

Heard a rumour that Carngham Linton have a new coach that is an ex Central Highlands forward. Any truth in the rumours??????????????

I'm fairly sure Carnham were in talks with a former Hepburn Forward as a non playing coach, not sure if it has gone past the initial stages though..

We should find out soon enough when some pre-seasons start up.

I'm fairly sure Carnham were in talks with a former Hepburn Forward as a non playing coach, not sure if it has gone past the initial stages though..

We should find out soon enough when some pre-seasons start up.
Whats the story on last years coaches then?

I believe both Keam and Hill have stepped down for various reasons, family committments, time restraints, wanting to focus on playing instead of the pressures of coaching etc etc
From what ive heard there focus may be on football but both at other clubs. Hill to lake wendouree and keam to sebastapol. Also here stasse going to lexton! key loses if true 4 saints!

Have heard the same rumours and more...Stasse & Mosby to Lexton. Porter to then return to C/L. Raak & Leehane from Hepburn over to C/L in coaching capacities.

Stasse and Mosby to Lexton. Grigg to Bannockburn. Keam is training with Sebastopol. Hill and Pring is training with Lake Wendouree. Tim Clarke is training with Buninyong. Jarrod Burt to play lawn bowls in Melbourne. Duane Bodey to coach Carngham Linton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong rumour circulating that chokewood about to announce joint coaches this year.... T M-G and star south aussie recruit Brierley:thumbsu:

Stasse and Mosby to Lexton. Grigg to Bannockburn. Keam is training with Sebastopol. Hill and Pring is training with Lake Wendouree. Tim Clarke is training with Buninyong. Jarrod Burt to play lawn bowls in Melbourne. Duane Bodey to coach Carngham Linton.
raack from hepburn close to signing as coach! Surely bodey wont play!? hasent he just had his 40th birthday:eek:

dont think any of these players are leaving mate they have no reason to so take your lies elsewhere

All Those players would be big loses for the saints:eek: stasse and mosby is a joke and i don't think the saints would be to worried about losing them, mosby was not good enough to be in c/l grand final side and they had injuries and was very lucky the year before to get a game $150 a game at lexton not worth it:thumbsu: stasse a good player but not much to compete with out there not many good ruckmen running around, with his lose C/l to get back PORTER which is more valuble than a ruckmen and will save a shit load of coin $500 a game a lexton he is only there for the money and wont be there for long poor move from lexton:thumbsdown:

Both players have played in flags at saints and don't relies how much respect they will lose from a lot of people around the club and league by doing this, in my opinion you dont play against a club that has given you so much success and are both local boys have a good look at yourselves :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

All Those players would be big loses for the saints:eek: stasse and mosby is a joke and i don't think the saints would be to worried about losing them, mosby was not good enough to be in c/l grand final side and they had injuries and was very lucky the year before to get a game $150 a game at lexton not worth it:thumbsu: stasse a good player but not much to compete with out there not many good ruckmen running around, with his lose C/l to get back PORTER which is more valuble than a ruckmen and will save a shit load of coin $500 a game a lexton he is only there for the money and wont be there for long poor move from lexton:thumbsdown:

Both players have played in flags at saints and don't relies how much respect they will lose from a lot of people around the club and league by doing this, in my opinion you dont play against a club that has given you so much success and are both local boys have a good look at yourselves :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:thumbsu:couldnt agree more with ya tilt. from the sounds off it they have really dogged carngham linton. lexton have really stuffed up giving a twos player 150 a game. and stasse well he would always chase the cash from what i hear, but he couldnt make it in a league any higher cos he would actually come up against a ruckman. 500 hundred a game big call he struggled at the few games i watched last year against rokewood and even lexton. 2nd string ruckman at a club shouldnt get that coin.:thumbsdown:

could be a god send for carngham tho an old bloke takin there coin every week must only have a year or 2 left and a strugglin twos player. quality recruiting!

in my opinion also playin against a club where you have been succesfull is wrong. carngham won 3 flags in a row there a few years back from what i recall so these boys must have been apart of a couple. stupid move on there part takes a long time to earn respect and only one minute to lose it. i dare say carngham linton is to proud a club to give them another chance. bad move by them 2 and worse move by lexton! :thumbsdown:

:thumbsu: would have to agree there tilt, would think if they were going to leave they would go to a club in another league and at least test themselves at a higher level, would be very interested to c how stasse would go against a decent ruckman from what i have seen he doesn't know how to tap to his rovers!!! as for lexton i know you have to recruit every year but these two blokes, i can't c them being around in 2 years time and they won't win a flag in that time so why they would be paying out that much money is stupid:eek:, go chase some quality kids and give them the money and build towards a flag, they are just filling these blokes pockets:thumbsdown:

Bit more talk around the traps...Heath Pyke from Lakers & Dale Larkin from Skipton have signed up with Lexton also

Seems to be a lot of players jumping ship & going to opposition teams McGinty or is it just talk round the traps for a bargaining tool ? appart from cash as dodgeyknee say's earlier what other reasons would you give up loyalty, freinds or do they just want to wear a target on their backs for the upcoming season ? Lexton the pre season favourites again, hopefully they can deliver something next year, seems as every year at this time it sounds real promising. Doesnt Larkin still have a brother at Skipton or has he left anyone ?

Seems to be a lot of players jumping ship & going to opposition teams McGinty or is it just talk round the traps for a bargaining tool ? appart from cash as dodgeyknee say's earlier what other reasons would you give up loyalty, freinds or do they just want to wear a target on their backs for the upcoming season ? Lexton the pre season favourites again, hopefully they can deliver something next year, seems as every year at this time it sounds real promising. Doesnt Larkin still have a brother at Skipton or has he left anyone ?

Its not surprising that Dale Has left Skipton, he got droped from the Grand Final after playing every game. Although he only had one stand out game, he didnt perform taking the 4th best defender each week.
And being the highest paid player im sure skipton were going to cut his match payments BIG TIME.

Whats loyalty got to do with it? Stasse played over 140 senior games and has been their since a junior. He is a 2 time best and fairest winner and a 3 time premiership player. I would say he has been loyal for many years. If another club offers assistant coach and finds more work for him would you take it? The money isnt much better then what he was getting at carngham last season. Mosby and Larkin got dropped by their clubs for last years grand final. Do you think the clubs were loyal to them?

Not the first time Stasse has left C/L as he played a couple of seasons with SMW Rovers over another fallout with the club. Dale Larkin from what I remember was dropped a couple of weeks before the Grand Final amd played in a reserves final @Rokewood(didn't do too much) and didn't get back in. I was told his brother is still staying at Skipton

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back