Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying a person "KING HIT" a player is a very big acusation!!!! Why hasn't your club done anything about in then!!!! And if you were only 5 yards away as you say you were, why didnt you remenstrate with the player!!! I think anyone playing football would remenstrate when their teamate gets "KING HIT". No one did anything. The only other reason would be that you NIGHTSHIFTER were the club umpire. And if you are, why didnt he get sent off!!!! Umpires have a duty of care to players!!! The club would have no hesitations of getting rid of a player/s if their on/off field actions were detremental to our club. We have done it before!!!

No. I wasn't the umpire!
I was in the rooms getting stripped when our ressies ruckman came in all bloodied up, he told me who had hit him.
I was 5 yards away from our senior ruckman (in round 5), when he was hit by the same bloke. (Both players were looking up at the ball when hit).
As for remonstrating, I chose not to. I made sure our player was OK and then got on with playing footy.
Our club prefers not to go "running" to the LPFL all the time, Unlike other clubs.
I think we all need to get on with just playing footy!!

Gee the big man Porter is back for C/L look out! remember watching this bloke a few years back hes a gun. How fit is he only done his knee like 9 months ago? Very hard man to match up on has 2 or sometimes 3 players on him at once, can cause many headaches. Think when C/L play Skipton that Mckay will have to go back and play on him. Things are warming up for a great run into the finals. Who plays this week???

No. I wasn't the umpire!
I was in the rooms getting stripped when our ressies ruckman came in all bloodied up, he told me who had hit him.
I was 5 yards away from our senior ruckman (in round 5), when he was hit by the same bloke. (Both players were looking up at the ball when hit).
As for remonstrating, I chose not to. I made sure our player was OK and then got on with playing footy.
Our club prefers not to go "running" to the LPFL all the time, Unlike other clubs.
I think we all need to get on with just playing footy!!

Yes playing Footy would be a good idea, You blokes from IB a a chance to make the finals, I have seen IB play a couple times this year and cant say that the behaviour was that flash, I also seen Ararat play and they have got no-one I repeat No-one that would be a threat to IB. So have a red hot go, stop the shit and play footy you might surprise yourselves.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ohh is he really? is there junior bouts b4 the main fight?
if you have any information would be nice 2 no thanks :thumbsu:
:thumbsu:From what I've been told there's going to be 2 Pro Fights & 15 Amateur bouts
Barry Michaels & Johnny Famecheon are Special guests along with some others

Rokewood
Carngham/Linton
Blackford
J-Mac (doesnt pass off)

Interesting selection... Rokewood / CL grand final? Skipton are surely the team to beat - there only downfall is that they may be over confident leading into September. CL with Porter, Head, Burns will now be a major hassle to Rokewood and Skipton.

Blackford from Rokewood is the choice for League best and fairest - other contenders :
Skipton - Molloy
CL - Hill
Illabrook - Cahill
Navarre - Driscoll
NB - Mortlock

I think Johnston from Lexton will struggle in the League vote as his team has been smacked week in week out. Probably the most disappointing team for the whole year Lexton.

Goal Kicker - McNamee. Ladiges will come at him though.

Interesting selection... Rokewood / CL grand final? Skipton are surely the team to beat - there only downfall is that they may be over confident leading into September. CL with Porter, Head, Burns will now be a major hassle to Rokewood and Skipton.

Blackford from Rokewood is the choice for League best and fairest - other contenders :
Skipton - Molloy
CL - Hill
Illabrook - Cahill
Navarre - Driscoll
NB - Mortlock

I think Johnston from Lexton will struggle in the League vote as his team has been smacked week in week out. Probably the most disappointing team for the whole year Lexton.

Goal Kicker - McNamee. Ladiges will come at him though.
Its a massive call i know but ive just got a feeling from wat ive been reading and hearing. Natte could even cause an upset or 2. Usually a standout player from an otherwise low team polls pretty well cos the are head and shoulders above the rest but Blackford would be a bit stiff to miss out. Ladiges i dont think will be able to catch up after missing last week. Will be interesting to see if he plays this week and if he can kick a bag against ararat. And with porter back he will prob play more of a CHF maybe

Yeah numbers he is a big kid just turning 17. After the incident halfway through the third quarter, our joint senior coach and our reserves coach who was on the bench injured at the time decided to take the 5 kids from the ground. We were not prepared to let our u/17's get targeted by older players!!! And especially by that moron of a runner!!!!! The reserves played with 13 players for the rest of the game.
The runner is also a reserves player. He has been suspended by the club for his indiscretion and will miss 2 games. He understands what he did was unacceptable and is remorseful.

The runner is also a reserves player. He has been suspended by the club for his indiscretion and will miss 2 games. He understands what he did was unacceptable and is remorseful.
hAVE HEARD ON THE GRAPEVINE THAt Miners FC Reserves B&F DARREN GEMMOLA WILL LINE UP FOR THE EAGLES 2'S THIS WEEK AGAINST SKIPTON.Lets hope he can run onto the ground before getting injured....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he should have passed..?? Look we all agree the guy is a quality footballer (McNamee) but as i stated all reports suggested the opportunity was there to dish a few off to players in better positions. What happened in the 3rd for such a even contest? How did Jardine go?

Rokewood really got ontop of Natte at the stoppages in the third quarter and made use of the wind to move the ball in quickly to the forwards. Natte fell down at CHF and really lacked a target to straighten them up. Augie hit a career purple patch where he kicked 5 for the quarter and turned the game on its ear. Thought that the Natte backman made a few uncharacteristic errors and gave silly free kicks that resulted in goals.

Jardine was ok and will be better for the run i would imagine as he hasn't played a lot of footy of late. He is a key to Natte if they are going to go any good this year i think!

Rokewood really got ontop of Natte at the stoppages in the third quarter and made use of the wind to move the ball in quickly to the forwards. Natte fell down at CHF and really lacked a target to straighten them up. Augie hit a career purple patch where he kicked 5 for the quarter and turned the game on its ear. Thought that the Natte backman made a few uncharacteristic errors and gave silly free kicks that resulted in goals.

Jardine was ok and will be better for the run i would imagine as he hasn't played a lot of footy of late. He is a key to Natte if they are going to go any good this year i think!

Yes Jardine is a key to natte. I think they lack a back-up for him so lets hope he can stay injury free. Seems like a few people think Natte are hitting there straps in the business end of the year. Sounds like one quarter did screw natte up against Rokewood. Av' a good weekend!

hAVE HEARD ON THE GRAPEVINE THAt Miners FC Reserves B&F DARREN GEMMOLA WILL LINE UP FOR THE EAGLES 2'S THIS WEEK AGAINST SKIPTON.Lets hope he can run onto the ground before getting injured....

Sorry for being ignorant but Whats the Miners FC, I know there used to be a Miners Football club in the Ararat League but I think they folded in the mid 90's, PLease enlighten me more.

Sorry for being ignorant but Whats the Miners FC, I know there used to be a Miners Football club in the Ararat League but I think they folded in the mid 90's, PLease enlighten me more.

Just ignore this post Crazy, he's obviously suffered another bout of DS, which quite often occurs with this poor simple individual!! :p

However I think what he is trying to point out is that the person he has named, in that being Darren Gemmola is pulling on the boots for the Eagles 2's this weekend and that he was a previous B&F winner for the Miners FC Magoo's manya years ago! I do find this hard to believe tho!!

wats ryan head like? havent seen him play before.

Head is a gun. He would be on $500 a game at least to play with CL. The guy is on the NB Roosters list and is playing LPFL!?? Funny how all these so called "stars" cant really make it in the "big" time!!

Porter - couldnt get cleared... slight exception.. if he really wanted to go they could have kept appealing. Probably realised Bunninyong were not going to make it into the finals and come back with his tail b/w his legs.

Fletcher - Skipton. Couldnt cut it at East Point!

Head is a gun. He would be on $500 a game at least to play with CL. The guy is on the NB Roosters list and is playing LPFL!?? Funny how all these so called "stars" cant really make it in the "big" time!!

Porter - couldnt get cleared... slight exception.. if he really wanted to go they could have kept appealing. Probably realised Bunninyong were not going to make it into the finals and come back with his tail b/w his legs.

I actually think u would find Fletcher couldnt train at east point because of work commitments therefore couldnt play in the senior team which he could easily get a spot. As for Porter couldnt really see him leaving wen he has been at most C/L games standing in the outer so he must enjoy it there. And Head bein a 'so called star not making it big' u could at least give him credit for having a go at north and not playing full time in a lower league which many good players prefer because of the $$$ that get thrown their way. And also The Roosters encourage all their players to play at their 'home' clubs during the bye week so they arnt chasing $$$.

I actually think u would find Fletcher couldnt train at east point because of work commitments therefore couldnt play in the senior team which he could easily get a spot. As for Porter couldnt really see him leaving wen he has been at most C/L games standing in the outer so he must enjoy it there. And Head bein a 'so called star not making it big' u could at least give him credit for having a go at north and not playing full time in a lower league which many good players prefer because of the $$$ that get thrown their way. And also The Roosters encourage all their players to play at their 'home' clubs during the bye week so they arnt chasing $$$.

Did Porter play Saturday? Somebody told me that he was too proppy after the week before to pull the boots on for the Illabarook game.

Just on Head there champ. You call him a gun and then say how so called stars can't make it in the big time. It doesn't really make too much sense to me. Are you saying he is a gun and/or he can't make it in the big time?

Word on the street is $500 would only cover him for half of the game too.

Porter could have been cleared if it went to appeals. After 3 clearances, you put in an appeal. Most clubs sign the clearance right there and then as there is a significant financial risk if you lose the hearing. I'd back Porter to give the CHFL goal kicking a shake if he was at a good team for a full season.

Fletcher would be a solid contributor for East Point if he trained. We all know he has talent to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back