Status
Not open for further replies.
FB: M. FitzGerald B. MacGowan B. Coon
HB: B. Driscoll K. Begbie B. Williams
C: S. Ross J. Hill A. Chew
HF: R. Greenbank K. Molloy B. Augustine
FF: T. McKay C. Ladiges M. MacGowan
Foll: M. Stasse T. Blackford R. Waters

Not a bad team. There are 2 major problems.

1. Ben Coon does not deserve a look in for interleague. I have heard that when CL has a full strength team, he may not be in the starting 18. No team would specially plan for him in their match day preperations where all of the other guys in your team would get a mention.

2. Leaving McNamee out is clearly a cheap shot at the guy as you didn't agree with himself being at FF in the DA team.

One thing I know about the Lexton plains is there are 3 players in the entire league that could successfully hold every position on the ground except ruck. They are Tom Blackford, Ross Waters and James McNamee. They plug the holes for their respective teams and these 3 are their teams MVP's.

Not a bad team on the whole. It is to be expected that people stack it with players from their own club.

Not a bad team. There are 2 major problems.

1. Ben Coon does not deserve a look in for interleague. I have heard that when CL has a full strength team, he may not be in the starting 18. No team would specially plan for him in their match day preperations where all of the other guys in your team would get a mention.

2. Leaving McNamee out is clearly a cheap shot at the guy as you didn't agree with himself being at FF in the DA team.

One thing I know about the Lexton plains is there are 3 players in the entire league that could successfully hold every position on the ground except ruck. They are Tom Blackford, Ross Waters and James McNamee. They plug the holes for their respective teams and these 3 are their teams MVP's.

Not a bad team on the whole. It is to be expected that people stack it with players from their own club.

Eamon Johnson's (Lexton) form this year would have him comfortably sitting in the interleague side I believe.

FB: M. FitzGerald B. MacGowan B. Coon
HB: B. Driscoll K. Begbie B. Williams
C: S. Ross J. Hill A. Chew
HF: R. Greenbank K. Molloy B. Augustine
FF: T. McKay C. Ladiges M. MacGowan
Foll: M. Stasse T. Blackford R. Waters

Not a bad side, few questionable ones though. king rich's comment about Johnson is spot on, he would be in the side no doubt. Even though Lexton are terrible he would be close to league B&F i would think. I just totally forgot about him to be honest and thats why he didn't make my side.

Mark MacGowan is an interesting one, he has never done much when we've played them. I would put Fitzy in a forward pocket and look for a new back pocket, possibly a leigh berlund could fill the hole!

Whats everyones thoughts on Stasse V Jardine?

FB D.Mathis, B.MacGowan, J.Harney
HB B.Williams, J.Robinson, R.Waters
C S.Ross, E.Johnson, B.Driscoll
HF Z.Bigmore, K.Molloy, B.Augustine
FF R.Greenbank, C.Ladiges, J.McNamee
R T.McKay, T.Blackford, J.Hill
INT A.Davidson, M.Macgowan, K. Begbie

Coach T.McKay
Captain T.Blackford

Not a bad side, few questionable ones though. king rich's comment about Johnson is spot on, he would be in the side no doubt. Even though Lexton are terrible he would be close to league B&F i would think. I just totally forgot about him to be honest and thats why he didn't make my side.

Mark MacGowan is an interesting one, he has never done much when we've played them. I would put Fitzy in a forward pocket and look for a new back pocket, possibly a leigh berlund could fill the hole!

Whats everyones thoughts on Stasse V Jardine?

Fitzy has been playing backline most of the year and has gone pretty well the last few weeks, was probably the saints best against skipton last round. M.MacGowen won a best on ground in a grand final a couple of years back so not too bad a player, although has been out injured for a fair chunk of this season. Leigh Berlund way too soft, perhaps if brother Luke was still with Natte he would make the side.

First time poster, long time reader.
My team based on available players at the moment

B: L. Berlund, B. Macgowan, D. O'Connell
HB: G. Lench, Ross Waters, B. Williams
C: S. Ross, E. Johnson, A. Slater
HF: B. Driscoll, C. Ladiges, J. Robinson
F: C. Brown, T. McKay, B. Augustine
Foll: M. Stasse, J. Hill, T. Blackford
Int: K. Begbie, J. McNamee, M. FitzGerald

First time poster, long time reader.
My team based on available players at the moment

B: L. Berlund, B. Macgowan, D. O'Connell
HB: G. Lench, Ross Waters, B. Williams
C: S. Ross, E. Johnson, A. Slater
HF: B. Driscoll, C. Ladiges, J. Robinson
F: C. Brown, T. McKay, B. Augustine
Foll: M. Stasse, J. Hill, T. Blackford
Int: K. Begbie, J. McNamee, M. FitzGerald

I'm going to have to do one of these. Bare in mind I have not seem anyone other than the top 4. Anyone picked out of those teams is purely on reputation or what I have seen in the past.

B: B. Driscoll, B. MacGowan, J. Robinson
HB: G. Lench, K. Begbie, T. Blackford
C: S. Ross, J. Hill, A. Johnson
HF: B. Augustine, T. McKay, K. Molloy
F: Z. Bigmore, C. Ladiges, M. Fitzgerald
Fol: C. Brown, R. Waters, J.McNamee

Int: M. Stasse, S. Quinn, S. Chew

Rationale: I've said before the 3 most versatile players in the league are Blackford, Ross Waters, and McNamee. All can play on ball, key positions and I would put money on any of them kicking 100 if they were full time FF's. I think the best spot for Waters and McNamee is the midfield. Blackford is an animal off half back as he creates the play from that position.

The LPFL forward line is super talented. The fact that proven goal kickers like Ross Waters, McNamee, Robinson and etc aren't even needed says that most District Interleague sides would be stretched to cover it.

I picked Cam Brown over Stasse or Jardine purely on the form I have seen this year. However, if Head and Coxon do come back, all 3 mentioned above don't even get a look.

The only line I really struggled to fill was the FB line. Robinson and Driscoll don't even play there but it is too hard to leave them out of the team.

so this is a LPFL thread and the tpoic of conversation is about a footballer from another league? hmmm anyway... from all accounts the 2nd half of the year should be very interesting. C'linton V Rokewood after Queens birthday should be a cracker. Blackford is killing them in the middle so the match up on Hill will be one to watch. Ross Waters will be at his best (and worse) and has troubled Rokewood in the past. The ruck duel of Stasse and Begbie will be interesting. Will be intersting to see the top 2 goal kickers go head to head in Ladiges and Augustine. Both are able to kick big hauls. Let me know your thoughts!!
hills not all hes wrapped up to be read a few weeks ago hes getting 22k not worth 22hundred

I'm going to have to do one of these. Bare in mind I have not seem anyone other than the top 4. Anyone picked out of those teams is purely on reputation or what I have seen in the past.

Rationale: I've said before the 3 most versatile players in the league are Blackford, Ross Waters, and McNamee. All can play on ball, key positions and I would put money on any of them kicking 100 if they were full time FF's. I think the best spot for Waters and McNamee is the midfield. Blackford is an animal off half back as he creates the play from that position.

The LPFL forward line is super talented. The fact that proven goal kickers like Ross Waters, McNamee, Robinson and etc aren't even needed says that most District Interleague sides would be stretched to cover it.

I picked Cam Brown over Stasse or Jardine purely on the form I have seen this year. However, if Head and Coxon do come back, all 3 mentioned above don't even get a look.

The only line I really struggled to fill was the FB line. Robinson and Driscoll don't even play there but it is too hard to leave them out of the team.

It is hard to leave Driscoll and Robinson out of the side as both are great players. Robinson is a gun on his day and would stretch the defense of any team.

'05 Premiers' Can you please tell the reasoning for having Mcnamee on the bench?

It is hard to leave Driscoll and Robinson out of the side as both are great players. Robinson is a gun on his day and would stretch the defense of any team.

'05 Premiers' Can you please tell the reasoning for having Mcnamee on the bench?

As others have said McNamee is a versatile player and can play in any number of positions.
He would be so handy to have if any position up the spine failed to fire early.
Perhaps Brown and Stasse could interchange with each other off the bench, therefore leaving a position open for any of the three on the bench.

Personally i believe DA's team to be the beat so far. It has everyone on this years form that deserves to be in there. On other ppls teams Coon does not deserve a place from all reports has been quite poor so far. Has anyone given a thought of biggs from r/c. He seems to be getting in the best the majority of the time and for a team going as well as they are that should mean something???

I think both Natte and CL should be very aggressive in their recruiting over the next 3 weeks. They could both win a flag from here, if they recruit wisely and manage their team properly.

Just look for guys that are a bit disgruntled at their respective clubs.

On the subject of C/L recuiting you must have some good mail thier old school biff, Been told by C/L that Damien Burns is back from interstate and has started training, Travis Grigg is looking to return from d/ford after being dumped to the reserves (due to a off feild incident at a local night club) , Ray Mccormack has returned from N.T while Justin wilson has just purchased the local hotel........ Looks like these chooks are coming home to nest........:eek:

On the subject of C/L recuiting you must have some good mail thier old school biff, Been told by C/L that Damien Burns is back from interstate and has started training, Travis Grigg is looking to return from d/ford after being dumped to the reserves (due to a off feild incident at a local night club) , Ray Mccormack has returned from N.T while Justin wilson has just purchased the local hotel........ Looks like these chooks are coming home to nest........:eek:

I had heard that there was interest in Grigg as he is a much better player than a CHFL 2's. He was decent at Daylesford when they were a finals team in the BFL. Something had to be up.

Daylesford have carried on like they are an AFL team for a number of years now and don't have 1 flag to their name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had heard that there was interest in Grigg as he is a much better player than a CHFL 2's. He was decent at Daylesford when they were a finals team in the BFL. Something had to be up.

Daylesford have carried on like they are an AFL team for a number of years now and don't have 1 flag to their name.

Fair chance they'll get 1 this year, and they'll crow about it for the next decade when the fact is they want to be, and are, the big fish in the little pond. Thats why everybody hates Daylesford.

From all reports Griggy will be back this week for the big clash against hepburn.
Daylesford have one flag to their name but that.... that was a long time ago.... have played a lot of finals footy though and i think that will make them even more hungry to win it.
Lets not forget though that this is a lextons plains thread and any other comments should be made in the c h thread

couple of these teams have bigmore in them isnt he out for the year?

Interesting you say that mudflapper, have been told by a couple of committee men at C/L over the weekend that were suggesting Travis Grigg's younger brother Ben may be taking time out from his music career to make a comeback for the second half of the year. Would be handy to have the brothers back.

From all reports Griggy will be back this week for the big clash against hepburn.
Daylesford have one flag to their name but that.... that was a long time ago.... have played a lot of finals footy though and i think that will make them even more hungry to win it.
Lets not forget though that this is a lextons plains thread and any other comments should be made in the c h thread

It's all related. Grigg is being talked about as a possible recruit. Time will tell.

My experience in clubs dealing with mid season clearances says you play the discontent players for a few weeks and let them think they will be a part of the 21. Once clearances close and they haven't lodged one you'll have a good idea whether they are up to 1's footy and they are stuck there for the rest of the year. Even if it is in the 2's.

Having said that, I can't see Grigg not being in Daylesford's best team.

Well then from a different leagues perspective. He was unfit, dirty and didnt do that much. He has a big kick thats about it. Where does he play for carnham?
Yeah the same one that should have got B.O.G in Lake Bolac's premiership over Tatyoon in 2005. Same one that finished in the top 5 in the clubs B&F the same year. He was half the size that he is now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back