Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

They still wouldn't do that deal without something else coming back. It's horrific.
On paper, I agree with you, however Richmond are looking like having picks 1, 6, 10, 18, 20, 24 + 32 before the Baker trade and any other shenanigans involving Gold Coast's picks. I can't see Richmond's list manager being stuck on drawing full value for all players but rather making sure they can hit their targets with such a loaded hand.

I just have to laugh at the continued VFL narrative that the Bulldogs have to accept whatever they get from Geelong as they have no power over an uncontracted Bailey Smith. But West Coast has to satisfy Richmond to get an uncontracted Liam Baker.

Also, we should accept whatever the Hawks offer because a contracted Tom Barrass clearly wants out.

I hope this is the year West Coast grow a spine and play hardball:

On paper, I agree with you, however Richmond are looking like having picks 1, 6, 10, 18, 20, 24 + 32 before the Baker trade and any other shenanigans involving Gold Coast's picks. I can't see Richmond's list manager being stuck on drawing full value for all players but rather making sure they can hit their targets with such a loaded hand.
I expect our list manager to do both of those things.

I just have to laugh at the continued VFL narrative that the Bulldogs have to accept whatever they get from Geelong as they have no power over an uncontracted Bailey Smith. But West Coast has to satisfy Richmond to get an uncontracted Liam Baker.

Also, we should accept whatever the Hawks offer because a contracted Tom Barrass clearly wants out.

I hope this is the year West Coast grow a spine and play hardball:
ViC B1@S

Tigers interest in pick 3 is real then, they want 2 of the top mids.
He didn't really say anything we didn't at least strongly suspect already
Massive for the Tigers if they split pick 3.
I reckon we'll end up with pick 2 or pick 3. Doubtful we target both.

North said earlier they're open to trading back from 2 but only a few spots. Given that Eagles, North and Crows have all said they're open to splitting their pick that really only leaves us or potentially Dees in the frame for it.

Exactly that's about right Baker 2nd round pick is too low and close to the top 10 is too high.
No, 14 is ridiculous. That pick is still getting the 14th best kid available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But But... Barrass is worth more than 14 who is 29 years old.
Barrass is one of the best KPD's in the comp. Baker, while a very good player himself, is a role player. So yes, Barrass, despite being two years older, is indeed worth more than Baker.

Barrass is one of the best KPD's in the comp. Baker, while a very good player himself, is a role player. So yes, Barrass, despite being two years older, is indeed worth more than Baker.
Tom Barrass never been AA. big call to call to call him one of the best defenders in the comp with a broken down back.

Tom Barrass never been AA. big call to call to call him one of the best defenders in the comp with a broken down back.
This. Maybe I've got some bias because I don't tend to watch every West Coast game, but every memory I have of Barrass includes Jack Riewoldt toweling him up.

But I though this was done for pick 14?
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

This. Maybe I've got some bias because I don't tend to watch every West Coast game, but every memory I have of Barrass includes Jack Riewoldt toweling him up.
He did have a shocker in that 2019 game of the year, was fresh back from injury though if I remember correctly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back