Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

You might want to re-read what I said. Basically Im saying its unlikely either WA club will offer market value for Baker. If Baker had proven he could be elite rotating mid then his value would be higher is more my point.
I read it all and replied to most of it, I ignored the last line as it didnt warrant a response.

This is what I was thinking.

The people who seem most keen for Baker to go to WCE and Freo are Richmond fans. Eagles and Docker fans are kind of meh on the whole prospect.
We dont want him to go to WC, he deserves better than that.

You are also confused, we are just accepting that he is leaving.

so bakers form when richmond are good is relevant?

In 2020 Richmond won the flag.

In 2020 Baker finished 6th in the best team in the afl

In 2022 Baker finished 4th in the best and fairest, and richmond made the finals

I guess richmond where good, and Baker was one of our best players

I think you belong on my ignore list as you are completely delusional. and debating with you adds nothing.

Complete waste of time

Freo will pay and they will love it

What year is it now? What year is next season?

2020 and 2022 is history. This season has seen a big drop off. And as others have posted form in a contract year is what counts if you want top dollar at the trade table for an uncontracted 26 year old.

Shoe was on the other foot you would be singing a different tune. And you know it.

How often is there a scenario, where three potential clubs each want the other one to take the player?

Spiderman Pointing GIF by Regal
Haha yeah wait to see that change for those that support the club he chooses.

No one's splitting a top 3 pick for Baker so why bring it up? I doubt West Coast would offer their second and third rounder now that the club has said they are going full rebuild. Good news is Baker will probably stay at Richmond as I think Richmond would value him higher than West Coast or Freo would.
I guess the down side in that scenario is for baker, less money if he stays at richmond.

If Bake's leaves i want to see him head to the eagles just for the laughs , Going to be great seeing eagles fans go crazy with pick 3 getting split. Goldddd
It's ok to be worried he is going to pick West Coast and you aren't going get back what you think Baker is worth.

You don't need to invent a scenario where him picking the Eagles will be a good result for Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is a good chuckle, does anyone here actually have a position in their team's recruitment department?

Richmond Fans : We love Baker, but give us your best pick or GAGF
Richmond: We want Baker to stay
Richmond AFL Media: Baker wants to go to West Coast, but they will have to split their 1st round pick

Freo Fans: We'd love Baker but not for that price GAGF
Freo: We want Baker, he would be a great fit for our side in the premiership window
Freo AFL media: Freo sends a couple of their best players to meet Baker to get him to choose them

West Coast Fans: We don't have any top picks so accept our 2nd rounder or GAGF
West Coast: We'd love Baker, but we will wait to see which club he picks.
West Coast AFL media: West Coast could split their 1st pick possibly with Freo and use one to trade for Baker

:tearsofjoy:

Ha!
Pretty much this whole thread in a nutshell 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if Jon Ralph added anything himself or if he just let the Richmond media department write the entire story?

As if Baker would care right now about what draft pick West Coast might use to trade for him.

It's ok to be worried he is going to pick West Coast and you aren't going get back what you think Baker is worth.

You don't need to invent a scenario where him picking the Eagles will be a good result for Richmond.
For some reason you seem to keep confusing Baker for Dawson?

Ahhhh. No.

I dont have 500 plus posts.

Not even close. Its easy to check that you know. ;) :)

Maybe it’s the quality of my posts that stands out more to you. Quality always beats quantity.:thumbsu::tearsofjoy:Nah mate allready ran

Ahhhh. No.

I dont have 500 plus posts.

Not even close. Its easy to check that you know. ;) :)

Maybe its the quality of my posts that stands out more to you. Quality always beats quantity.:thumbsu::tearsofjoy:
Nah mate allready ran the numbers, and the numbers don’t lie, for any further enquires contact the big footy union at 1800 give it a rest mate FFS
Thankyou

Plenty of options if WC don’t split their puck 3 or whatever it turns out to be.
2025 1st round pick, if they back themselves to improve. Or trade 2025 1st for a pick/picks this year.
Or this years 2nd and 2025 2nd. Or trade both of them.
Is Barass or Liam Ryanin the trade mix. Pick value?
Options galore.
As have Freo.
Depends if and where Bakes decides to go. He has stated he wants a fair deal done for all parties. No shenanigans like the psd or whatever.
Any thoughts of a top 10 pick is probably more wishful thinking. You’d like to think so! But realistically…he’ll pick his club of choice for his reasons. Not for which club can give the best value to Richmond.
He picks his club, it’s up to them to get a fair deal done.

Plenty of options if WC don’t split their puck 3 or whatever it turns out to be.
2025 1st round pick, if they back themselves to improve. Or trade 2025 1st for a pick/picks this year.
Or this years 2nd and 2025 2nd. Or trade both of them.
Is Barass or Liam Ryanin the trade mix. Pick value?
Options galore.
As have Freo.
Depends if and where Bakes decides to go. He has stated he wants a fair deal done for all parties. No shenanigans like the psd or whatever.
Any thoughts of a top 10 pick is probably more wishful thinking. You’d like to think so! But realistically…he’ll pick his club of choice for his reasons. Not for which club can give the best value to Richmond.
He picks his club, it’s up to them to get a fair deal done.
Fair value is a matter of perspective.
For Richmond it might be a pick in the teens, for Freo it might be pick 20, for West Coast it might be pick 25, we dont know.

Haven't bothered to read the previous 144 pages but Baker is a Tiger or a Docker next year. Surely that's obvious. West Coast would be silly in their rebuild to part with high draft currency to get him

Haven't bothered to read the previous 144 pages but Baker is a Tiger or a Docker next year. Surely that's obvious. West Coast would be silly in their rebuild to part with high draft currency to get him
We can only hope...

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back