Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

He's already at Richmond though? Why would he choose to go to a team that's going to be worse for the rest of his career? It'll be truly baffling if he picks Eagles.
Brad Hill played for the hawks in 2012-16. Won 3 flags in 2013-15. Goes to dockers in 2017-19 to play alongside his brother.

Gets his manager Colin young to trade him to the saints and he is getting paid $900,000 a year for 5 seasons.

So is Prime Liam baker better than Prime Brad Hill?

Brad Hill played for the hawks in 2012-16. Won 3 flags in 2013-15. Goes to dockers in 2017-19 to play alongside his brother.

Gets his manager Colin young to trade him to the saints and he is getting paid $900,000 a year for 5 seasons.

So is Prime Liam baker better than Prime Brad Hill?
Depends what you're after I guess. Soft and outside accumulator or hard bastard utility with leadership.

Seems like you don't or you wouldn't be asking why.
richmond are as much of a basket case and going nowhere so don't get your comments or didn't you notice your on the bottom of the ladder?
You've completely missed the point. He's already here, loves the place, loves the players, life member, premiership player. Why would you leave all that to go to another bottom club with an arguably worse future outlook?

Barracking for them as a kid surely isn't enough pull given how bad they're going to be.

Depends what you're after I guess. Soft and outside accumulator or hard bastard utility with leadership.
Brad Hill was and still is a solid outside mid with pace that gets 20-25 disposals a game. Sure Saints are overpaying him but on a good day can be a difference maker.

Liam Baker is many things. A hard bastard compared to the likes of Barry Hall? nope. A leader? debatable. A solid B grader that can fit in a few spots in the ground? yes.

Brad Hill was and still is a solid outside mid with pace that gets 20-25 disposals a game. Sure Saints are overpaying him but on a good day can be a difference maker.

Liam Baker is many things. A hard bastard compared to the likes of Barry Hall? nope. A leader? debatable. A solid B grader that can fit in a few spots in the ground? yes.

What he is, is someone Freo will pay $900k x 5 years, and give Richmond a top 10 draft pick for

That's what he is

You will pay it, and you will love it.

Haven't missed any point at all, you're just another that can't seem to understand that richmond and Victoria aren't the be all and end all to some people.
He probably wants to be close to his family and maybe sick of Melbourne, not hard to understand at all, how is that so hard to understand?
You have less than zero idea what he does and doesn't like.

Haven't missed any point at all, you're just another that can't seem to understand that richmond and Victoria aren't the be all and end all to some people.
He probably wants to be close to his family and maybe sick of Melbourne, not hard to understand at all, how is that so hard to understand?

it is hard to understand because the bolded bit never happens

If he leaves it will be because freo and west coast have offered more money.

And that is a very good reason, by the way

Well for one he was voted the most courageous player in the AFL by his peers, so that's wrong. And two he's a vice captain so yeah he's a leader.

I read somewhere he's probably not in the best 100 players in the league but he's definitely in the top 100 players you'd pick building your team. That rings true for me with Baker.

ohhh sorry. ViCBIaS!1!1

Well for one he was voted the most courageous player in the AFL by his peers, so that's wrong. And two he's a vice captain so yeah he's a leader.

I read somewhere he's probably not in the best 100 players in the league but he's definitely in the top 100 players you'd pick building your team. That rings true for me with Baker.
Well....

Back in 2008 freo had Josh Carr in their side. He was in freos leadership group. He was our vice Captain behind Pavlich. He then walks out of freo and Played 2 years at Port.

If Liam Baker is your teams leader, he would be your captain.

The point is, I know what this is. Tigers are trying to exptract as much compo for a bloke that is out of contract.

So If a Caleb Serong or Hayden Young was out of contract, would be be worth more tham Liam Baker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What he is, is someone Freo will pay $900k x 5 years, and give Richmond a top 10 draft pick for

That's what he is

You will pay it, and you will love it.

Hlptv GIF

You've completely missed the point. He's already here, loves the place, loves the players, life member, premiership player. Why would you leave all that to go to another bottom club with an arguably worse future outlook?

Barracking for them as a kid surely isn't enough pull given how bad they're going to be.

He was 100% heading to Freo then met the Eagles and did a 180. They turned his head and after that the Eagles became favorites.

Now that conversation obviously changed something. Something you dont understand and dont want to happen as Freo have better draft picks. If the Eagles had the better draft picks you would be saying they are the right club to go to. Your veiws are based on the clubs draft hand nothing more.

Only in your head.
It absolutely blows your mind that someone would not want to be there doesn't it?
WA the place? Absolutely not mate, I love it. Can't wait to get back there. Hoping to take the van across the whole state in the next couple of years. Have toyed with the idea of moving there in the past should a work opportunity arise. Eagles the football team? (when Fremantle is just as keen), given the current polar opposite states of each team, yes that would absolutely blow my mind.
Well....

Back in 2008 freo had Josh Carr in their side. He was in freos leadership group. He was our vice Captain behind Pavlich. He then walks out of freo and Played 2 years at Port.

If Liam Baker is your teams leader, he would be your captain.

The point is, I know what this is. Tigers are trying to exptract as much compo for a bloke that is out of contract.

So If a Caleb Serong or Hayden Young was out of contract, would be be worth more tham Liam Baker?
Well that's just dumb. Vice captains aren't leaders? You think the captain is the only player in the whole team with leadership? Jesus. If Baker stays he's a fair chance to be our next captain tough, yes.

Yes Serong and Young are both worth more than Baker. Contracted or uncontracted.

He was 100% heading to Freo then met the Eagles and did a 180. They turned his head and after that the Eagles became favorites.

Now that conversation obviously changed something. Something you dont understand and dont want to happen as Freo have better draft picks. If the Eagles had the better draft picks you would be saying they are the right club to go to. Your veiws are based on the clubs draft hand nothing more.
Spot on.

For us, sure. But from a football perspective, not a ****ing chance. But that's irrelevamt because in this case Freo are in a far better place for both football performance and compensation ability. No brainer.

Well that's just dumb. Vice captains aren't leaders? You think the captain is the only player in the whole team with leadership? Jesus. If Baker stays he's a fair chance to be our next captain tough, yes.

Yes Serong and Young are both worth more than Baker. Contracted or uncontracted.
No disrespect to Liam Baker. I just find it weird that a Bloke that is only 170 cm leading and being the captain of a big Victorian side.

Good to see you acknowledge that Serong and Young are worth more on the trade table.

He would be in the top 100 in building a team of 23?

Squad of 42?

Well just how many players turning 27 would you pick in building a team in the first place? Not to mention short arse utilities?

You might look at adding one ....two at the absolute most. So Baker you rate as being a competition top 2, 27 year old small utility player?

Not even close.

No disrespect to Liam Baker. I just find it weird that a Bloke that is only 170 cm leading and being the captain of a big Victorian side.

Good to see you acknowledge that Serong and Young are worth more on the trade table.
Personally height doesn't make the list of things I'd be looking for in a leader.

Serong and Young are stars. Stars need blokes like Baker around them to win flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back