Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

For us, sure. But from a football perspective, not a ****ing chance. But that's irrelevamt because in this case Freo are in a far better place for both football performance and compensation ability. No brainer.
So if Liam Baker stays at richmond for 5 more seasons, how does bakers career pan out?

One aspect we are ignoring is Baker is not having that great a year

20 possessions, 3 marks, 1 goal a game is just very average for a 27 year old.

His stats are on a similar line as Tim Kelly and Kelly is not someone I want to see 2 of

So if Liam Baker stays at richmond for 5 more seasons, how does bakers career pan out?
Closer to eagles than Freo, if that's what you're getting at. But as I keep saying, he's already here. He'd be a 1 club player.

Would you uproot your whole life for a new job with worse prospects, to be ragged on my all the mainstream media weekly and after all that to still be a 3.5 hour commute from Perth to your family? Just doesn't make sense to me.

21 possies and 6 tackles is what we're maxing out on with our current crop so he'd fit in well.

But his leadership and intent I feel would be the main positives of us getting him

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually he played a role on Butters, which was a new role for him. Did a very good job too, Butters got a bit of ball still but was well down on his usual impact.

Yeah didn't see the game buy his stats look ok.

He uses the ball well from what I've watched over the years.

I love the way he plays.

He smashes in hard and creates contests.

He is the opposite of every Eagles player Barr Harley and Yeo.

I'd love to get him but I'm torn as we need high draft picks.

Closer to eagles than Freo, if that's what you're getting at. But as I keep saying, he's already here. He'd be a 1 club player.

Would you uproot your whole life for a new job with worse prospects, to be ragged on my all the mainstream media weekly and after all that to still be a 3.5 hour commute from Perth to your family? Just doesn't make sense to me.
But it's obviously not his "whole life", seems that's what's so hard for you to understand.
And as for the HUGE 3.5 hr commute, how's that stack up against Melbourne to Lake Grace?

Yeah didn't see the game buy his stats look ok.

He uses the ball well from what I've watched over the years.

I love the way he plays.

He smashes in hard and creates contests.

He is the opposite of every Eagles player Barr Harley and Yeo.

I'd love to get him but I'm torn as we need high draft picks.

Yeah would be a great pick up but same, don't want us splitting our top pick just so he gets in.

You got a first-round pick for Schultz & pick 34 even in contract that's well overs.

You are going to have to get your head around giving up a first-round pick or you will be going to draft to get 3 kids & take 3 years to develop them.
Interesting how this is panning out. For me looking directly at the phantoms and how our list needs balance out, we can actually nail our weaknesses very well. I hope the club is cautious about overpaying for any trade with the exception of Warner.

Pick 6: Lalor, Moraes, Draper, Hotten all looking possible selections here and work for us as forward impacting midfielders. Most of them seem likely to play early.

Pick 11: Reid and Lindsay also come into play as skilful, smart ball movers. Clean disposal. Travaglia and Berry could also be targeted here or at the next pick.

Pick 15: This is the pick to move to next year's draft if we think it is needed to grab Warner, but I think someone from Reid, Travaglia, Berry, Gross or Bo Allen will be available.

But it's obviously not his "whole life", seems that's what's so hard for you to understand.
And as for the HUGE 3.5 hr commute, how's that stack up against Melbourne to Lake Grace?
Well it is his whole life. It's where he's lived for 6+ years.

I'm just saying it's not like he can just pop in to mum and dads after training or drop the kids off for babysitting.

This is 148+ pages of fuss for a trade that will probably be fairly straight forward if Baker decides to leave.

If he nominates Freo we'll get one of their first rounders, we'll ask for the best one, Freo will offer the worst one, and it'll likely land in the middle or some token exchanges in the 3rd round to even the value either way.

If he nominates the Eagles, I can't see them splitting pick 3, but you never know in this even draft they may be happy to have Baker + pick 8 or something if they consider the talent pretty even in the top 10.

If not, unless they acquire a pick in the mid teens or so elsewhere, I could see us getting their 2nd and future 2nd, with again maybe some later pick swaps to even up value here and there.

There'll be no PSD, no bargain firesale trades, no extreme value for Richmond, it'll end up a fairly straight forward swap valued in the mid to late first round when it's done imo.

There, solved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is 148+ pages of fuss for a trade that will probably be fairly straight forward if Baker decides to leave.

If he nominates Freo we'll get one of their first rounders, we'll ask for the best one, Freo will offer the worst one, and it'll likely land in the middle or some token exchanges in the 3rd round to even the value either way.

If he nominates the Eagles, I can't see them splitting pick 3, but you never know in this even draft they may be happy to have Baker + pick 8 or something if they consider the talent pretty even in the top 10.

If not, unless they acquire a pick in the mid teens or so elsewhere, I could see us getting their 2nd a future 2nd, with again maybe some later pick swaps to even up value here and there.

There'll be no PSD, no bargain firesale trades, no extreme value for Richmond, it'll end up a fairly straight forward swap valued in the mid to late first round when it's done imo.

There, solved it.
Doubt we start at a 1st, we'd start at the Saints 2nd.

If not, unless they acquire a pick in the mid teens or so elsewhere, I could see us getting their 2nd and future 2nd, with again maybe some later pick swaps to even up value here and there.

There, solved it.
Splitting hairs I suppose but I'm sure you guys just keep bringing up the middle one without actually thinking where the picks will land. If Freo make a prelim, I will be over the moon but that means the pick is 15 or 16 which is pretty much spot on if not overs per everyone not a Tigers supporter.

If it's Freo, it's the latest first and I'd actually be pretty filthy giving up a better one. Particularly because I'm convinced the first two will be top 10.

Regardless on what Liam Baker does, He is at the prime years of his career.

I dont think tigers or dockers or eagles will offer him bread and water as payment. lol.

I still believe if he stays at richmond or goes to eagles for the next 5 seasons, I dont see either side making finals in 2025, 2026 or 2027.

Both sides will contend for finals from 2028 onwards.

As far as the 3.5 hour commute from Perth to his family? Are you serious?

If Liam Baker goes back to WA on a $700-$800,000 a year deal, I am sure he can buy a semi decent house in Perth.

Regardless on what Liam Baker does, He is at the prime years of his career.

I dont think tigers or dockers or eagles will offer him bread and water as payment. lol.

I still believe if he stays at richmond or goes to eagles for the next 5 seasons, I dont see either side making finals in 2025, 2026 or 2027.

Both sides will contend for finals from 2028 onwards.

As far as the 3.5 hour commute from Perth to his family? Are you serious?

If Liam Baker goes back to WA on a $700-$800,000 a year deal, I am sure he can buy a semi decent house in Perth.
That's what I said? Presumably he'd live in Perth, so his family will still be hours away....

it is hard to understand because the bolded bit never happens

If he leaves it will be because freo and west coast have offered more money.

And that is a very good reason, by the way

Why would Freo and WC be offering more money than Tiges if he’s so amazing , it’s not like you have a host of budding young superstars you’ll need to pay anytime soon , finding people to spend the cash on will be more of a problem from what I’ve seen this year

Doesn’t make much sense does it

Sill

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Splitting hairs I suppose but I'm sure you guys just keep bringing up the middle one without actually thinking where the picks will land. If Freo make a prelim, I will be over the moon but that means the pick is 15 or 16 which is pretty much spot on if not overs per everyone not a Tigers supporter.

If it's Freo, it's the latest first and I'd actually be pretty filthy giving up a better one. Particularly because I'm convinced the first two will be top 10.

You’re usually pretty good with the draft value stuff but jeez you want to pay this bloke big bucks and give up a 1st for a 10-20% percent upgrade on James Aish

You are the only Freo fan on here who wants to do that*

*the freomaniac fella might but I have trouble interpreting what he’s on about most of the time

STK 2nd is bang on anything more and we are getting smoked , in fact we are probably getting stitched up just on his reported pay packet

You’re usually pretty good with the draft value stuff but jeez you want to pay this bloke big bucks and give up a 1st for a 10-20% percent upgrade on James Aish

You are the only Freo fan on here who wants to do that*

*the freomaniac fella might but I have trouble interpreting what he’s on about most of the time

STK 2nd is bang on anything more and we are getting smoked

I've learnt in the last few years I'm always undershooting it by 10%. Particularly unless they fix point bidding, the Saints pick will end up around 30 and that is serious unders IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back