Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I think the F2 and 2nd this year swap (whatever it is) would basically net out but each side would claim a win but yeah, fair call on the Graham compo being the upgrade.

Is the whole, waiting for the coach thing a bit silly really? Weird look for the coach to be announced then pull out. Not going to be a great start to that coaches tenure if players actively don't want to work with him haha
I guess it depends on players' preferences I guess. If I'm Liam Baker, I probably want to have an idea of what my role would be before I sign on.

I guess it depends on players' preferences I guess. If I'm Liam Baker, I probably want to have an idea of what my role would be before I sign on.
And likely meet the new coach, get a feel for them and their vision, I think its super important, especially as he as options.

Nah.... If I am a betting person... If west coast want Baker, they will offer their 2nd rounder this season or the 2025 2nd rounder.

No way eagles pick 3 will be touched.
The only way I see the Eagles splitting 3 is for a minimal downgrade and an additional pick somewhere. Definitely can not see us taking a downgrade to add an uncontracted Baker who will find his way here anyway.

Eagles fans will very quickly change their opinion on this bloke when he pulls on their jumper for his first couple of games. You don't need to talk him down just because you don't want to hand over a good draft pick for him.
Its frustrating that so many cant see it. There is a reason he has been so loved by the RFC army, he is a footballer footballer.

Eagles fans will very quickly change their opinion on this bloke when he pulls on their jumper for his first couple of games. You don't need to talk him down just because you don't want to hand over a good draft pick for him.

Yeah I rate him. 23 plus change and I am happy. Something that rates him around pick 18.

I also won't be crying if he doesn't come, just a bit disappointed.

Yeah I rate him. 23 plus change and I am happy. Something that rates him around pick 18.

I also won't be crying if he doesn't come, just a bit disappointed.
If McQualtor lands the coach gig you'd think that locks Baker in

Its frustrating that so many cant see it. There is a reason he has been so loved by the RFC army, he is a footballer footballer.
You're welcome to keep him

If McQualtor lands the coach gig you'd think that locks Baker in
Which is why I hope we don't go down that path. I understand why the club is open to bringing Baker in but 'credits in the bank' is meme on the WCE board for a reason. I'd rather Baker come in with literally any other coach.

I don't think many are talking him down, just a) there's a small difference of opinion in value, some Richmond fans overvaluing him to the point of high first round, some Eagles undervaluing him to the point of mid second round, and b) we are not in a position where we can be generous with picks, we're rebuilding, 23 and not much else is about the best we can do given where our other picks sit at present.

Every club has been on the receiving end of getting less than they'd like because an uncontracted player nominated a club with a pick in the sweet spot of their real value.

I don't think many are talking him down, just a) there's a small difference of opinion in value, some Richmond fans overvaluing him to the point of high first round, some Eagles undervaluing him to the point of mid second round, and b) we are not in a position where we can be generous with picks, we're rebuilding, 23 and not much else is about the best we can do given where our other picks sit at present.

Every club has been on the receiving end of getting less than they'd like because an uncontracted player nominated a club with a pick in the sweet spot of their real value.

It's ironic given how highly they rate a 29 year old with a degenerative back condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ironic given how highly they rate a 29 year old with a degenerative back condition.
People are overstating the back issue, he just said that he's going to be in pain in the future, which would be true of most AFL footballers. For someone with a supposedly broken back, he played pretty much every game until a concussion that has nothing to do with his back, at which point they put him in cotton wool to protect his trade value. He also performed very well all year in a key position constantly under attack.

It doesn’t really matter what eagles fans think .

What matters is the guy that drafted him understands his value and is trying to pack him to his new club and is offering him a massive pay rise and a long year deal .

It’s gunna cost a pick between 10-15 nothing surer
I mean, feel free to bookmark it. But I'd say there's no chance in hell a team in desperate need of young talent for their rebuild are taking a first-round pick for a 29-year-old and investing it in a 27-year-old utility.

You mean the KPD that played 18 games this year, missing only one through suspension, before he was shut down for the year amid trade rumours? Yes, we value him highly.

You do realize that he is 26 years old and doesn't have any back issue's :moustache:

I mean, feel free to bookmark it. But I'd say there's no chance in hell a team in desperate need of young talent for their rebuild are taking a first-round pick for a 29-year-old and investing it in a 27-year-old utility.
Suit yourself

Reality is what you and I think doesnt matter

What matters is what Clarke thinks

And Clarke is the one that drafted him and Clarke is the one that is trying to poach him and Clarke is the one offering him a 5 yr deal on life changing money .

All that does not equal a second round pick . You understand that right ?

It will be the barrassi pick or 2 second round picks , future picks , or pick upgrades whatever , in the end it will be to a draft points value of between pick 12-15.

And you my friend , can bookmark that .

It'll be interesting to see.

Interestingly, old mate has gone from 10-15 "nothing surer" to accepting a combination of picks equating in points to a pick in that range, in the matter of minutes.

Give it a few hours and he may have Richmond giving West Coast a pick.

Suit yourself

Reality is what you and I think doesnt matter

What matters is what Clarke thinks

And Clarke is the one that drafted him and Clarke is the one that is trying to poach him and Clarke is the one offering him a 5 yr deal on life changing money .

All that does not equal a second round pick . You understand that right ?

It will be the barrassi pick or 2 second round picks , future picks , or pick upgrades whatever , in the end it will be to a draft points value of between pick 12-15.

And you my friend , can bookmark that .
Suit yourself.

First it was 10-15, now it's 12-15. There's no doubt Clarke values him, but he also knows he's out of contract and wants to come back to WA, so it's not like he has to pay premium value. He works for West Coast now, not Richmond, his role is to get the best deal for us, not you.

If I was a betting man, I would say he would be 23 and a shuffling of other picks (so it might include a F2 but with something coming back our way).

But don't bookmark it, because we're all just average Joes speculating on an internet forum and not list managers.

Suit yourself.

First it was 10-15, now it's 12-15. There's no doubt Clarke values him, but he also knows he's out of contract and wants to come back to WA, so it's not like he has to pay premium value. He works for West Coast now, not Richmond, his role is to get the best deal for us, not you.

If I was a betting man, I would say he would be 23 and a shuffling of other picks (so it might include a F2 but with something coming back our way).

But don't bookmark it, because we're all just average Joes speculating on an internet forum and not list managers.

I agree if he goes to West Coast Pick 23 is about right. If he goes to Freo they are so insecure they will probably offer 2 x 1st Rounders.

I agree if he goes to West Coast Pick 23 is about right. If he goes to Freo they are so insecure they will probably offer 2 x 1st Rounders.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Suit yourself.

Do you know what two early second round picks = in draft points ?

do you have any idea about what you are talking about at all ?

You are arguing with yourself , but agreeing with me .

It’s silly Lift man .

It'll be interesting to see.

Interestingly, old mate has gone from 10-15 "nothing surer" to accepting a combination of picks equating in points to a pick in that range, in the matter of minutes.

Give it a few hours and he may have Richmond giving West Coast a pick.

I’m flattered by your interest in my posts , and I will take your curiosity on face value .

It would however be difficult for west coast to provide pick 10-15 if they don’t have it .

So a number of picks that would equate that value would be just as good , especially future picks considering we will likely have a number of first round picks for 2024 already

Not sure why this is in any way a controversial view .

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back