Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

wish you Eagle floggs would **** off and let Tiges ans Freo work out the potential trade
As long as Liam Baker is silent.... We wont know what Liam baker wants.

Saying that, let us see how the season pans out and what picks all 3 clubs get.
Im going to have a lot of fun ;)
More I think about it, More I think Liam Baker will stay.

You showed me how many picks Richmond has got.
50% stays
30% Fremantle
20% Eagles
I say 60 % Stays at richmond

20% dockers
20% eagles

source or vibes?

Mine says he’s considered it, would be happy to come home, though more likely to pursue it end of next year.

Source but in fairness, no longer at the club, albeit not retired that long.

Source but in fairness, no longer at club, albeit not retired that long.
Yeah, this is relatively recent. And not a “desperate to get home” from what I heard, but more open to the idea.

Next year makes more sense for you as well, currently stocked for draft picks this year (even before we know baker or Rioli status) but may need some currency later.

Eagles will 100% make an offer that at least matches Freos.

Easy trade for Freo if he goes there unless they have Warner or Bolton on the hook.

A few different of ways to get the trade done if he decides to go home and picks the Eagles.
-Eagles can Split the first round pick (depends how they rank the draft)
-If Barrass does get traded (which I think he will and Eagles will get ‘overs’)
-Bundle the 2nd round picks.

A lot to unfold but if he leaves. he will get traded to what ever club he picks.

Eagles will 100% make an offer that at least matches Freos.

Easy trade for Freo if he goes there unless they have Warner or Bolton on the hook.

A few different of ways to get the trade done if he decides to go home and picks the Eagles.
-Eagles can Split the first round pick (depends how they rank the draft)
-If Barrass does get traded (which I think he will and Eagles will get ‘overs’)
-Bundle the 2nd round picks.

A lot to unfold but if he leaves. he will get traded to what ever club he picks.
You think Barass is leaving? Just a feel or inside word? I was saying last year they should let him go if he wants but I've flipped and think mature KPDs are the most important players in rebuilds.

Also, I would be very happy if he's going to Sydney for...reasons.

You think Barass is leaving? Just a feel or inside word? I was saying last year they should let him go if he wants but I've flipped and think mature KPDs are the most important players in rebuilds.

I can't see us letting Barrass go.
If Gov copped an injury, our replacements are not really up to it just yet.
Not A grade standard anyway.

Don't see why our fans want to trade him to get a mid first rounder and an untried kid in Busslinger.
Madness.

Probably thinks we'll somehow include pick 3, because their current GM of talent(who our list manager worked under) sold the farm for Taranto and Hopper.
Same GM who delivered us Nank/Prestia/Caddy/Houli/Grigg oh and a bloke by the name of Lynch.Compare that too your farm called Tim Kelly.:cool:

Yeah, this is relatively recent. And not a “desperate to get home” from what I heard, but more open to the idea.

Next year makes more sense for you as well, currently stocked for draft picks this year (even before we know baker or Rioli status) but may need some currency later.
I am in the camp of "you dont trade guys of this level" regardless, unless forced to. So unless he demanded it, we wouldnt suggest it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. Would be nice reasons too. I think Bolton is a perfect fit for the Dockers but Warner looks more likely and would be a huge get. Would have to make either happen if they are a chance.

Regarding Barrass, Nah just reading the situation. 2 years in a row this has come up plus they would get what at the time would be considered overs imho to make it happen.

I don’t mind our stock of Key backs (HEdwards, Bazzo, Jamieson, Maric along with Gov) plus if you could add Busslinger or Sheldrick along with a pick to the trade for TB it would be huge.

TB wants to get paid more because he knows how much money the Eagles have spare atm but he also 3 years to go.

Haha. Would be nice reasons too. I think Bolton is a perfect fit for the Dockers but Warner looks more likely and would be a huge get. Would have to make either happen if they are a chance.

Regarding Barrass, Nah just reading the situation. 2 years in a row this has come up plus they would get what at the time would be considered overs imho to make it happen.

I don’t mind our stock of Key backs (HEdwards, Bazzo, Jamieson, Maric along with Gov) plus if you could add Busslinger or Sheldrick along with a pick to the trade for TB it would be huge.

TB wants to get paid more because he knows how much money the Eagles have spare atm but he also 3 years to go.
You know this how?

Also, HEdwards, Bazzo, Jamieson, Maric and Busslinger are all unproven.

You know this how?

Also, HEdwards, Bazzo, Jamieson, Maric and Busslinger are all unproven.
I don’t know but it’s whats being reported on SEN. Smoke 2 years in a row for some reason.

Agreed untried but they would know enough now if they think they can hold up. Edwards has been good the games he has played this year. Not TB but decent. Eagles only do the trade if they are getting overs.

I don’t know but it’s whats being reported on SEN. Smoke 2 years in a row for some reason.

Agreed untried but they would know enough now if they think they can hold up. Edwards has been good the games he has played this year. Not TB but decent. Eagles only do the trade if they are getting overs.
TBH, I haven't read one report that he wants to leave because of money.
So if you have a link, please post it.

He's probably already on $750 000 now.

I think it's madness to swap an A grader when your other A grade KPD will be 33 next year.

We played Adelaide last year without TB and Gov and it was a shit show.
No thanks.

TBH, I haven't read one report that he wants to leave because of money.
So if you have a link, please post it.

He's probably already on $750 000 now.

I think it's madness to swap an A grader when your other A grade KPD will be 33 next year.

We played Adelaide last year without TB and Gov and it was a shit show.
No thanks.
It's the latest one on SEN

Apparently the old mob said they'd look at redoing his contract but now the new crew has come in and nothing has progressed

Reads as though it's been put In the media to kick-start it

It's the latest one on SEN

Apparently the old mob said they'd look at redoing his contract but now the new crew has come in and nothing has progressed

Reads as though it's been put In the media to kick-start it
Don't really understand it TBH.
He's contracted until the end of 2026.

We don't have to do anything.
Nor should we.

Don't really understand it TBH.
He's contracted until the end of 2026.

We don't have to do anything.
Nor should we.
Don't have to but if you convinced him to stay by saying you'd look at a renegotiation then it's not a good look to not do it.

The club may have changed its mind after the changes though, in which case TB may look at leaving while the club chooses to cash in for picks.

Feel like there is something to play out there, likely an extension and renegotiation (what TB seemingly wants) but can't 100% rule out a trade I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back