Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

WC can afford to do whatever they like, doesn’t make it a good decision. Sometime you need to assess the list correctly & walk away when the price is too high.
Agreed it was marginally too high, but with our recent draft history at that point and the general lack of quality in that draft I don't think it would've made much difference to us. Also it wasn't Kelly's fault that all of our best players became consistently injured as soon as he came across. A true shame we never really got to see him, shuey, yeo and nic nat at full flight together.

What makes you think he will be traded?

A few hours ago at the presser he pretty much said he would be an Eagle for life unless he was pushed out.
This was pre presser.

Nice to hear that from TB and looks good to stay.

I’m saying that’s Wouldn’t be first and last player to say that before leaving.

Don’t want. Would rather go for Warner next year. West coast can have him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You better go to the club and tell them to withdraw their offer

But Freo will probably up their contract offer to make sure Baker doesnt go to the eagles
Freo could end up paying Baker $900k x 6

Sam Naismith was your only backup ruck and Samson Ryan isnt better then Bailey Williams

Not many humans would disagree on that
I didn't say Ryan was better.

The point is you don't trade 26 year old vice captains for a backup ruck and some crap pick upgrades, especially when we already have a heap of good picks. Thats just shit business.

And I like Bailey Williams as a player.

Tiger fans about to learn that you can't trust the Eagles. The Eagles are going to **** over the Tigers at the trade table.
Lol what?

WCE are a club that's historically paid overs to ensure they can bring target players into the club.

If Richmond get 'screwed over', it'll be due to their former national recruiting manager's doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You better go to the club and tell them to withdraw their offer

But Freo will probably up their contract offer to make sure Baker doesnt go to the eagles
Freo could end up paying Baker $900k x 6
Doubt, think we are all in on Warner and won't fight for Baker if it means jeopardising even the chance at him. I'm pretty sure we can't justify paying him that much, new CBA and all

Really, like who?

Since 2019

Freo has lost

Lachie Neale
Brad Hill
Langdon
Hogan
Cerra
Acres
Logue
Lobb
Meek
Schultz
Henry

Freo has gained

Corbett
Jackson
JOM
Brodie
Clark
Conca

West Coast has lost

Lycett

West Coast has gained

Tom Hickey
Tim Kelly
Zac Langdon
Alex Witherden
Sam PS
Jayden Hunt
Tyler Brockman

West coast has recruited many more players from other clubs actually and has lost basically nobody to other clubs in the last 5 years, in contrast, it seems as though lots of players want to leave freo

I do not think it controversial to say that for whatever reason West coast is a much more attractive destination for players to both go to and stay, compared to freo.
Some of those players you listed as trade outs were also trade ins...

Hogan who we forced out
Acres who we forced out
Lobb who moved to be with his partner
Hill who moved back to Vic

Tbh the quality we have brought in is far more than wce, the only one that really gets close is TK

So I think it's very fair to say Freo bring in more (or atleast better) players

Hogan who we forced out
Acres who we forced out

Tbh the quality we have brought in is far more than wce, the only one that really gets close is TK

Surely that was a mistake.

Pretty much gave him away.

Hogan who we forced out
Acres who we forced out

the post was a response to your comment about Freo getting more. which is clearly wrong

Better is a different discussion, and you did not say better, initially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back