Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

A) Lol, at extremely generous when it sounds like it at the very least, is the same or less then Tigers reported offer
B) My post was more curious because you seem to always say he said "NO", in capitals. Just thought maybe you were in the room when he told David Walls to get ****ed?
Weirdly, Cal Twomey wasn't in the same room. He's slipping.

A) Lol, at extremely generous when it sounds like it at the very least, is the same or less then Tigers reported offer
B) My post was more curious because you seem to always say he said "NO", in capitals. Just thought maybe you were in the room when he told David Walls to get ****ed?
Unless you were in the room when the offer was made then what Trent Cotchin and other reporters have mentioned would be correct. Baker has a big decision to make and the offers from out west would be extremely difficult to knock back

This was before the eagles offer and Richmonds contract has been there since start of the year
So i would say that the freo offer is very generous.

My NO in capitals is just a habit i do that in texts also and with YES as well
Dont get offended by that - You know your my favorite freo EX mod

So these multiple sources are Ralph, halpr, pharl and some randome
Tiger fan twitter account (likely working from what Ralph had just said anyway)?

Not saying that he hasn’t said no, he likely has, but these multiple sources are the same person.

So these multiple sources are Ralph, halpr, pharl and some randome
Tiger fan twitter account (likely working from what Ralph had just said anyway)?

Not saying that he hasn’t said no, he likely has, but these multiple sources are the same person.
The entire afl media are Tiger fans except Duffield

The entire afl media are Tiger fans except Duffield
Incorrect.

Twomey is bombers
McClure and beveridge are blues
Barrett is north (which is why he’s been so hard on them).

And that’s off the top.

I’ll believe Cotchin, as you’d expect him to be closer to the situation, but the only sources quoted in here are Ralph and that fan account.

It’s all good mate, you keeping baker is a positive for all involved.

Incorrect.

Twomey is bombers
McClure and beveridge are blues
Barrett is north (which is why he’s been so hard on them).

And that’s off the top.

I’ll believe Cotchin, as you’d expect him to be closer to the situation, but the only sources quoted in here are Ralph and that fan account.

It’s all good mate, you keeping baker is a positive for all involved.
Looks like you didnt get that

continue

Jack Graham is average brings nothing to the Eagles and not sure why they have any interest at all. He might be the only FA they think they can get but have been linked to a couple of others who play a similar role and could come cheap.

Always bargains out there, just have to grab a few of them. Sharp, Mass, Bramble all cost next to nothing last year.

Like I said, if they go down the Baker route, I think it’s a player out to generate pick/s and one of those might be used on Baker. If he picks to leave and selects the Eagles. Let’s not forget Richmond are very keen to keep him and in a similar spot to the Eagles, because these blokes help list builds and are great players to have around. But he’s OOC and if he leaves he either wants to go home or Richmond can’t afford or don’t want to pay what the other team is offering.
What I don't understand is why he re-contracted only to 1 year short of FA.
Anyhow, despite him being a good player, I'd prefer to keep our draft capital & let dockers have him, or if that's been kyboshed, stay at Tigers

Well they have just appointed their new list manager , Not sure they will be sacking him any time soon
Clearly you're nov in Perth. West Coast have stated themselves that their match committee will look very different next year and that will effect how the list manager operates in terms of which players they target.

What I don't understand is why he re-contracted only to 1 year short of FA.
Anyhow, despite him being a good player, I'd prefer to keep our draft capital & let dockers have him, or if that's been kyboshed, stay at Tigers
Yeah seems like weird player management. Not sure he would be prepared to risk signing for one more year or if tigers would want that distraction again? I guess if the pay off is possible pick 2 then maybe but unlikely

Mate are you living under a rock? They have something like 6 elite KPF's as mentioned by a couple of their supporters early in this thread :drunk:

They could easily trade 1 or 2 of them.

Who and where was it said they had 6 elite KPF's?

No one other than you actually. So now you are just being chikdishmisquoting to sound clever! It is so hard having an adult conversation isnt it?

The actual point was they had 10 KP forwards fighting for 3 to 4 spots. Most of those are young kids developing and showing promise like J Williams and Maric need more opportunity.. And that for them to develop some older forwards will need to be traded or play WAFL. If not the younger developing forwards may look elsewhere for opportunity.

Your credibility is pretty close to zero......its now lower after that post.

Who and where was it said they had 6 elite KPF's?

No one other than you actually. So now you are just being chikdishmisquoting to sound clever! It is so hard having an adult conversation isnt it?

The actual point was they had 10 KP forwards fighting for 3 to 4 spots. Most of those are young kids developing and showing promise like J Williams and Maric need more opportunity.. And that for them to develop some older forwards will need to be traded or play WAFL. If not the younger developing forwards may look elsewhere for opportunity.

Your credibility is pretty close to zero......its now lower after that post.
I would go back, but I cant be bothered, it was probably you or one of your similar level posters that was carrying on about all your elite level KPF's, that little fella, is FACT!

Unless you live under a rock there have been multiple sources that have reported that Baker has knocked back Fremantles extremely generous offer

"Extremely generous". Keep telling yourself that. More likely he knocked back a low offer or we withdrew our offer. We can't afford to be blowing big dollars on someone like Baker with the amount of players we already have who are or will be on big dollars, along with the chase of Warner.

At Freo, I'd have 13 (14 with Warner) players I'd want to be paying more over the next 5 years. At Richmond he would be much higher up the pecking order. It's easy to see who could pay him the most. I'd be very surprised if he leaves Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Extremely generous". Keep telling yourself that. More likely he knocked back a low offer or we withdrew our offer. We can't afford to be blowing big dollars on someone like Baker with the amount of players we already have who are or will be on big dollars, along with the chase of Warner.

At Freo, I'd have 13 (14 with Warner) players I'd want to be paying more over the next 5 years. At Richmond he would be much higher up the pecking order. It's easy to see who could pay him the most. I'd be very surprised if he leaves Richmond.
13 is generous. Id have 20 easily

To Freo, Baker is a Lachie Schultz replacement. Nothing more, nothing less. You dont pay 900k to replace Schultz

Nah was a very generous offer mate but Baker knocked freo back, Didnt want to play for them and prefers the eagles
It happens

Not sure you can say allegedly when every media outlet has reported almost exactly the same
but if that makes you feel good
Oh. We’re back here.

The media report what they get told they are allowed to say.

And whoever tells them always has a narrative.

I believe Freo and bakes are off the table to each other. But the why? The offer sizes? Yeah not yet.

Oh. We’re back here.

The media report what they get told they are allowed to say.

And whoever tells them always has a narrative.

I believe Freo and bakes are off the table to each other. But the why? The offer sizes? Yeah not yet.
Well lets be honest here

There is no possible way anything is for certain with the way the AFL rules are set and players not allowed to commit or speak about it or clubs for that matter but mostly the media let things out and in this case player like Cotchin who would be the closest to Baker in the media.

Do you really expect either Freo or Baker to come out and give a statement

Well lets be honest here

There is no possible way anything is for certain with the way the AFL rules are set and players not allowed to commit or speak about it or clubs for that matter but mostly the media let things out and in this case player like Cotchin who would be the closest to Baker in the media.

Do you really expect either Freo or Baker to come out and give a statement
So you do understand…

I’ll remember to not engage in more bait.

Nah was a very generous offer mate but Baker knocked freo back, Didnt want to play for them and prefers the eagles
It happens
Ive been a Eagles member for 25+ years and not even I would play for Eagles over Fremantle if given the option, never mind Liam Baker

They clearly offered him like 600k a year, Eagles/Richmond offered him way more so he said no

If all things are equal that guy is joining Fremantle 101% of the time

Are we talking Cotchins comments on one of the footy shows? Is that the irrefutable evidence or did I miss something?

Baker is clearly a high character guy if he's thinking about going to the Eagles to be a rebuild leader at the team he supported as a kid and I can see that in him to be honest. He'd know that he's signing up for pain with the chance of a final or two as a 30+ year old if things go well.

I think Logan McDonald staying and Baker either staying at the Tiges or picking the Eagles are both great outcomes for Freo. I like Baker as a player and he's an upgrade on the role O'Meara is currently playing with us a the moment but I feel development from within is a better option for Freo instead of getting Baker. I feel the Eagles definitely need Bakers leadership qualities more than Freo do. Baker would/could be the Eagles captain in a year or two while we have a log jam of possible captain candidates (Pearce, Serong and Brayshaw are all AFL standard captain material at least).

Ive been a Eagles member for 25+ years and not even I would play for Eagles over Fremantle if given the option, never mind Liam Baker

They clearly offered him like 600k a year, Eagles/Richmond offered him way more so he said no

If all things are equal that guy is joining Fremantle 101% of the time
Liam has been on over $600k last 2 years and his offer would around $800k from Richmond
$600k is the average salary these days and its delusional to think that would be freo offer

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back