Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

And that's okay. But to say he's not as good is a fallacy, he's better.
It's pointless comparing players who play different positions.
It all depends on your club's needs.

If you want an unloyal piece of crap goal sneak, you pick Rioli.
If you want a utility player who will bleed for the club, you'd pick Baker.

Yet all 3 clubs have offered him long term deals on big coin. I'd back the experts opinions over the nuffy fans personally.
100% guarantee is Richmond offering him more coin then us. He 100% aint leaving for money.

Have you seen Eagles list? I dont trust our expert opinions in any way. We are like opposite day. If we want you, you must be a spud

Yeah I'd be very surprised, but we'll see.

You shouldn't be surprised. It has been stated several times (and before Daniels mentioned it) how $600k is what Freo would be offering. I've gone through past salary surveys (which show the number of players in each pay bracket), then accounted for where he would stand on our list and the salary cap increase, and it's right around $600k. It's fantasy land stuff to think Freo would be paying Baker anywhere near $800-$900k.

You shouldn't be surprised. It has been stated several times (and before Daniels mentioned it) how $600k is what Freo would be offering. I've gone through past salary surveys (which show the number of players in each pay bracket), then accounted for where he would stand on our list and the salary cap increase, and it's right around $600k. It's fantasy land stuff to think Freo would be paying Baker anywhere near $800-$900k.
Great to see the Fremantle football club posting on here for the benefit of us on Bigfooty.

Thanks for the specifics on the contract you’ve offered him and the rationale.

Everyone please use that post as gospel on the FFCs position.

We'll see.

It's pointless comparing players who play different positions.
It all depends on your club's needs.

If you want an unloyal piece of crap goal sneak, you pick Rioli.
If you want a utility player who will bleed for the club, you'd pick Baker.
Agree with that. Best and fairest results are a pretty good guide though....

You are literally telling me the exact salary he is being offered dollar to dollar, but then when I make a less emphatic claim on the same subject its something I cant possibly know?

Make it make sense
Sorry when did I tell you an exact salary he is being offered? :think:

You made the emphatic claim, not me. Have you been drinking?

Daniels hasn’t broken much news lately or been in the know. Can’t see it being $600k especially from the Eagles. I think the Tradies estimated it at $850k earlier in the year. I think it would be around this from the Eagles

Daniels hasn’t broken much news lately or been in the know. Can’t see it being $600k especially from the Eagles. I think the Tradies estimated it at $850k earlier in the year. I think it would be around this from the Eagles
I think he's been caught out being a club mouthpiece on a few times of late and I'll always take salary figures from journo's with a pinch of salt. However, agreed Freo offering the least amount of money makes the most amount of sense given where all three team's are at. Capspace is our more valuable resource moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's been caught out being a club mouthpiece on a few times of late and I'll always take salary figures from journo's with a pinch of salt. However, agreed Freo offering the least amount of money makes the most amount of sense given where all three team's are at. Capspace is our more valuable resource moving forward.
Agreed Freo would be offering the least or tied with the Tigers. Even if Yze said they would offer him the world.

This is why I don’t get ‘he has to go to Freo’ if he leaves. Not many Journos would take a $150-200k less a year. Eagles have plenty of space to front end contracts.

If Rhino is right for once, and offers are around $600k no way the Tigers can demand a first round pick.

Just to reiterate for Richmond people reading this, if Baker is offered 800k+ it doesnt mean hes worth 800k+ in draft capital.

If we offered Baker 3 million dollars over 10 years it doesnt mean hes worth 5 number 1 picks.

Hes a 600-700k player, if hes offered more then good for him. Doesnt change what is offered in a trade

Just to reiterate for Richmond people reading this, if Baker is offered 800k+ it doesnt mean hes worth 800k+ in draft capital.

If we offered Baker 3 million dollars over 10 years it doesnt mean hes worth 5 number 1 picks.

Hes a 600-700k player, if hes offered more then good for him. Doesnt change what is offered in a trade
Thats great content. Thank you for clarifying.
Learning so much about the value of one of my teams players from oppo supporters in this thread.

Though I was a bit confused because in one of the posts above yours a poster said that because he was only being offered $600k (who it sounds like someone who apparently is right across the contract offer) there’s no way the tigers can demand a first rounder.

But you’ve put that stupid contract value / trade worth argument right to bed.

I’m also really frustrated with Bakers management.
How could it possibly be that he’s leaked contract specifics to so many West Coast and Fremantle Bigfooty supporters? It’s unbelievably unprofessional.

Hopefully Blair Hartley is reading this and offers an extra $50k to the $$$ quoted on here for him to stay.

Thats great content. Thank you for clarifying.
Learning so much about the value of one of my teams players from oppo supporters in this thread.
From reading this thread its clear you and your Tiger fan mates needed it! Happy to help
Though I was a bit confused because in one of the posts above yours a poster said that because he was only being offered $600k (who it sounds like someone who apparently is right across the contract offer) there’s no way the tigers can demand a first rounder.
There is no way the Tigers can demand a first rounder for a pretty average player. Hes a 600k player, thats a second rounder
But you’ve put that stupid contract value / trade worth argument right to bed.
Yep
I’m also really frustrated with Bakers management.
How could it possibly be that he’s leaked contract specifics to so many West Coast and Fremantle Bigfooty supporters? It’s unbelievably unprofessional.
I didnt mention anything that could be misconstrued as leaks about salary

Lol. Not at all buddy.

Just giving you a hug. It looks like you need one.;):)

Just amazes me that you haven't worked out that Eagles fans just aren't interested in Baker. And we are all rooting for Freo to take him.

Do feel that early 2nd rounder plus a fringe player is what the Eagles will pay unfortunately. Hopefully it's a F2nd.

Read recently an article saying that Tigers should chase Culley as the steak knives in any deal. Then again the journo probably read that on here.:rolleyes:;)
This is where you fall off the cliff

Nobody really cares if the eagles fans want him !!
Your club has made an offer and WANT him so really thats the only thing that counts

We are just disputing his value here

100% guarantee is Richmond offering him more coin then us. He 100% aint leaving for money.

Have you seen Eagles list? I dont trust our expert opinions in any way. We are like opposite day. If we want you, you must be a spud
The good news is Freo also want him and we are massive talent identifiers, so much that you could fill a pretty damn good 2nd team from talented former Freo players across the comp lol

Cotch is on record stating the money out west is life changing and hard to refuse. Reckon he is closer to Baker and more in the know that posters on here and or most journos.

That is enough for me to believe WC and Freo are both offering more money than us, atleast at that early stage. That said, we have apparently upped our offer.

Cotch is on record stating the money out west is life changing and hard to refuse. Reckon he is closer to Baker and more in the know that posters on here and or most journos.

That is enough for me to believe WC and Freo are both offering more money than us, atleast at that early stage. That said, we have apparently upped our offer.
Cotch be like "Oh the money is the same, he just thinks Jack Graham is a potato and doesnt wanna play with him anymore'

Of course he is going to say that

Cotch be like "Oh the money is the same, he just thinks Jack Graham is a potato and doesnt wanna play with him anymore'

Of course he is going to say that
You don't even believe that yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back