Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I feel Baker value of 10 is too much for some one out of contract but if Tigers want it then they'll need to give up something in return. People at the tigers might not want DBG but he's pretty much a free hit in a trade involving multiple clubs and he has been trained to be a swingman pretty much.
Might not want him? I don't even know who he is to determine if I want him lol

I think hes coming to the Eagles. We are probably getting graham and Baker as a pair
The old, overpay Graham for band 3, give a little bit less than Baker's true value (just the 2nd round pick). Not a bad move

Kick start the rebuild with 2 players from the only team worse than ours.

Think About It GIF by Identity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Tiggers fans are not getting their heart set on whatever first round pick comes in for Barrass, coz WC arent letting him go for picks to then turn into Baker. At least, I dont think they are that stupid...

Nah we wouldn't get that Barass pick if its Pick 10. For a while now, I've been thinking 2 2nds with at least a 3rd going back. With the change in the NGA, I'm even more certain of that. Obviously depends where Champion ends up but he's looked good when I've seen him.

Maybe something like Pick 22, F2nd, for Baker, Pick 41 (they can have their 3rd back) and our F3.

Its more likely to be something like that, than involving a 1st rounder IMO.

Nah we wouldn't get that Barass pick if its Pick 10. For a while now, I've been thinking 2 2nds with at least a 3rd going back. With the change in the NGA, I'm even more certain of that. Obviously depends where Champion ends up but he's looked good when I've seen him.

Maybe something like Pick 22, F2nd, for Baker, Pick 41 (they can have their 3rd back) and our F3.

Its more likely to be something like that, than involving a 1st rounder IMO.

I’d say yes to something along those lines. If the rumours around Barrass leaving to hawks are true we would likely end up with another first rounded & a second this year anyway so we’d still have a good draft hand along with getting Baker.

I’d say yes to something along those lines. If the rumours around Barrass leaving to hawks are true we would likely end up with another first rounded & a second this year anyway so we’d still have a good draft hand along with getting Baker.
Would have be the later 2nd though, not 22* but Pies 2nd.

22 and possibly 19 is over for Baker and pay overs for Graham to trigger band 3. Would have to be a decent a few bundles of the 3rds coming back so we could maybe move up to the Lions or Suns pick.

Would have be the later 2nd though, not 22* but Pies 2nd.

22 and possibly 19 is over for Baker and pay overs for Graham to trigger band 3. Would have to be a decent a few bundles of the 3rds coming back so we could maybe move up to the Lions or Suns pick.

You need at least some later picks to bid on Champion assuming the club wants him. Could be anywhere from 25-40 so you will need more than your current pick 59 to match on him. Thats where I see a 3rd coming back, not for you to bid up into another 1st.

With your current hand of 3, 23 and 59, ending up with 3, 10, 22/28 and also picking up Champion, Baker and Graham, I'll reckon you'd have had a ripping trade period.

Out of interest, if it was 1 pick, what do you think Baker would be worth?

You need at least some later picks to bid on Champion assuming the club wants him. Could be anywhere from 25-40 so you will need more than your current pick 59 to match on him. Thats where I see a 3rd coming back, not for you to bid up into another 1st.

With your current hand of 3, 23 and 59, ending up with 3, 10, 22/28 and also picking up Champion, Baker and Graham, I'll reckon you'd have had a ripping trade period.

Pick 59 drops to pick 50.

Somone bids on Champion in the 30's, discount applies and pay with live pick 50. If needed our f3rd gets affected / whiped out. Same result is trading a f3rd for a current 3rd.

Champion not currently in a lot of rankings (Cals, espn, rookie me) but love what I see, now it just comes down to who wants to tread on our toes knowing we will be down the bottom for a few years so can get payback if we wanted. If he gets to pick 40 I assume we can just match with the 59 and that hasn’t changed. A lot of intel will come into that closer to the draft if we need to scratch around for some 4ths to match.

Bakers worth? you should have a better idea from watching him every week, 15-20 I think, OOC and elite role player without being a star. That seems to be the fair assessment but thats only because that’s what I keep hearing besides Ralphy the Tigers media mouth piece.

Thoughts on Graham? I think he will fill a role. We need inside mids and I keep hearing he wants a fair crack at playing mid again, looked good on the weekend back in there. So if the rumours are true I reckon he will get that at the Eagles.

Champion not currently in a lot of rankings (Cals, espn, rookie me) but love what I see, now it just comes down to who wants to tread on our toes knowing we will be down the bottom for a few years so can get payback if we wanted. If he gets to pick 40 I assume we can just match with the 59 and that hasn’t changed. A lot of intel will come into that closer to the draft if we need to scratch around for some 4ths to match.

Bakers worth? you should have a better idea from watching him every week, 15-20 I think, OOC and elite role player without being a star. That seems to be the fair assessment but thats only because that’s what I keep hearing besides Ralphy the Tigers media mouth piece.

Thoughts on Graham? I think he will fill a role. We need inside mids and I keep hearing he wants a fair crack at playing mid again, looked good on the weekend back in there. So if the rumours are true I reckon he will get that at the Eagles.

Baker for me is about Pick 15, so whatever the trade will be will be around points value of that, being as we probably won't hold onto the picks anyway, we will trade them up IMO.

I like Graham. Some Tigers don't like him as much, they claim he is slow (he looks a bit slow on TV), but he isn't slow. He doesn't have quick acceleration but as a gut runner, builds to his speed. The problem for us, we already have a couple of mids that don't have acceleration in Taranto and Hopper who will play there instead of him, and Prestia has lost the speed he did have, so we do look slow in the midfield, largely through a lack of acceleration which is why when Bolton goes in there he is electric for us. Graham is also an under rated kick, he uses the ball very nicely going inside 50. I remember Jack Riewoldt saying that he loved being hit up by Graham as he'd put the ball out in front of him to run onto.

With you guys having Reid and Kelly, Graham provides that nice defensive balance. Graham was 1 of the reasons why Dusty was allowed to just do his thing in the premiership years, and I could see him providing a similar role to Reid so you can let him do his thing forward of centre and out of the middle.

Baker for me is about Pick 15, so whatever the trade will be will be around points value of that, being as we probably won't hold onto the picks anyway, we will trade them up IMO.

I like Graham. Some Tigers don't like him as much, they claim he is slow (he looks a bit slow on TV), but he isn't slow. He doesn't have quick acceleration but as a gut runner, builds to his speed. The problem for us, we already have a couple of mids that don't have acceleration in Taranto and Hopper who will play there instead of him, and Prestia has lost the speed he did have, so we do look slow in the midfield, largely through a lack of acceleration which is why when Bolton goes in there he is electric for us. Graham is also an under rated kick, he uses the ball very nicely going inside 50. I remember Jack Riewoldt saying that he loved being hit up by Graham as he'd put the ball out in front of him to run onto.

With you guys having Reid and Kelly, Graham provides that nice defensive balance. Graham was 1 of the reasons why Dusty was allowed to just do his thing in the premiership years, and I could see him providing a similar role to Reid so you can let him do his thing forward of centre and out of the middle.
yeah agree. We have the Kelly’s, Yeo, Hewett, Reid’s to feed It too. Need that type to of player as a defensive midfield and by the sounds of it leadership. We don’t have a great deal of that.

Not sure if you posted in the Bolton these or not but would be interested in your assessment of his value? Pick 2 By itself? Pick 6 + ? 10 + 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back