Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Another one whereby the info getting around is so mixed at the moment. There are a couple of posters with solid Tigs info that think he stays and others that suggest he is already gone, which I agree with.

I think Baker and Graham to WC makes Baker to WC easier with some FA magic beans, but I also think Baker and Shai combo to Freo could be something to have pricked his ears and Freo seems to have come hard with their pitch.

I reckon he's 100% gone, but too much each way info to have any real idea.

Another one whereby the info getting around is so mixed at the moment. There are a couple of posters with solid Tigs info that think he stays and others that suggest he is already gone, which I agree with.

I think Baker and Graham to WC makes Baker to WC easier with some FA magic beans, but I also think Baker and Shai combo to Freo could be something to have pricked his ears and Freo seems to have come hard with their pitch.

I reckon he's 100% gone, but too much each way info to have any real idea.
Fair chance the Tigers would know? Maybe not what team but if he is staying or going. From what Yze said the other day about he’d rather know around this time of the year. (If he has chosen)

Last edited:
yeah agree. We have the Kelly’s, Yeo, Hewett, Reid’s to feed It too. Need that type to of player as a defensive midfield and by the sounds of it leadership. We don’t have a great deal of that.

Not sure if you posted in the Bolton these or not but would be interested in your assessment of his value? Pick 2 By itself? Pick 6 + ? 10 + 22?

Both Baker and Graham bring that leadership and both are total team 1st individuals. No Tiger supporter forgets what Jack Graham did in that 2019 prelim. I think they said his shoulder popped out 4 times during the game, but kept going back on to ensure we had full rotations knowing that he wouldn't be playing the grand final a week later.

I love Bolton, I don't want him to leave, he's 1 of those guys that make you excited to go to the footy each week, but if he goes we will strike a hard bargain IMO. Freo fans say "but he approached us", thats naive in the extreme. Everyone should be aware that player managers talk to clubs all the time, and the question of players like Shai's intentions would have been asked numerous times of the year by both WA sides. He wouldn't just say I'm off, he'd have to know they were interested well before any decision was made.

I think we would be asking for probably 3 of Freos 1st 4 picks, or 2 this year and 1 next (that probably suits us best), but we would be generous in what we give back to balance the trade, and no doubt we would cough up a fair whack of his salary. If Warner was still an option (its a bit of a fantasy for Freo fans it seems) then that would still provide them the cap to go for him, and with trading opening up to an extra year in the future from next year, they could satisfy the Swans that way (which is why I'm sure Freo would prefer to only give up picks in this years draft instead of any futures).

Personally I think Freo would be idiotic not to pursue Bolton, and they shouldn't play hardball. They aren't winning a premiership with their forward half setup, and whilst Warner may help a bit with that, Bolton is ideal to do that and should IMO be the priority of those 2 players.

I'll be gutted to see him go, but if he does c'est la vie and we move on to hopefully find the next group that excite us to go to the footy.

Both Baker and Graham bring that leadership and both are total team 1st individuals. No Tiger supporter forgets what Jack Graham did in that 2019 prelim. I think they said his shoulder popped out 4 times during the game, but kept going back on to ensure we had full rotations knowing that he wouldn't be playing the grand final a week later.

I love Bolton, I don't want him to leave, he's 1 of those guys that make you excited to go to the footy each week, but if he goes we will strike a hard bargain IMO. Freo fans say "but he approached us", thats naive in the extreme. Everyone should be aware that player managers talk to clubs all the time, and the question of players like Shai's intentions would have been asked numerous times of the year by both WA sides. He wouldn't just say I'm off, he'd have to know they were interested well before any decision was made.

I think we would be asking for probably 3 of Freos 1st 4 picks, or 2 this year and 1 next (that probably suits us best), but we would be generous in what we give back to balance the trade, and no doubt we would cough up a fair whack of his salary. If Warner was still an option (its a bit of a fantasy for Freo fans it seems) then that would still provide them the cap to go for him, and with trading opening up to an extra year in the future from next year, they could satisfy the Swans that way (which is why I'm sure Freo would prefer to only give up picks in this years draft instead of any futures).

Personally I think Freo would be idiotic not to pursue Bolton, and they shouldn't play hardball. They aren't winning a premiership with their forward half setup, and whilst Warner may help a bit with that, Bolton is ideal to do that and should IMO be the priority of those 2 players.

I'll be gutted to see him go, but if he does c'est la vie and we move on to hopefully find the next group that excite us to go to the footy.
Yeah pretty fair I think.

Bolton seems like a no brainer for them. I do think Warner is a chance but still not sure they’ll have the cap room for both and draft capital as the Swans have academy kids coming up so Freos future 1st won’t be so juicy if they have both and Tassie incoming.

Huge calls coming up.

The Midweek Tackle Just said Baker to Freo for pick 13.
WTF!
That’s Jay-z trying to sell papers to tigers fans (I think he is worth 15-20). No intel that’s where he is actually going.

He had band 2 for Graham at 20, Can only be pick 21 at best. So it fitted with 6 picks in top 20 headline.

Last edited:
Correction
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Baker out this week with a concussion suffered at training.
Then hamstring awareness for the next couple of rounds?🤔

Update... Baker will miss two games with concussion. 🙄

Definitely gone. Someone's given him a little driveby on the way out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack of a few trades, master of none. 1 in 5 of his touches are turnovers. It is obvious he lacks polish when around the ball with his disposal, prone to dumb mistakes and going missing. Can crack in and win the contest and has a great workrate.

If I was Freo I'd only offer a second for him, he's obviously checked out given he bought a house in WA. Richmond will cave, otherwise he can either rot at West Coast or request a trade again next year.

Jack of a few trades, master of none. 1 in 5 of his touches are turnovers. It is obvious he lacks polish when around the ball with his disposal, prone to dumb mistakes and going missing. Can crack in and win the contest and has a great workrate.

If I was Freo I'd only offer a second for him, he's obviously checked out given he bought a house in WA. Richmond will cave, otherwise he can either rot at West Coast or request a trade again next year.

1723155120309.png

1723155160504.png

Lol

My made up trade scenario.

West coast agrees to overpay graham to boost it from band 4 (40ish) and o band 3 (20ish). We also throw in our second pick 22ish in the official trade for baker.

20 and 22 for 40 and baker.
Remove the 40 and it's what I think happens

My made up trade scenario.

West coast agrees to overpay graham to boost it from band 4 (40ish) and o band 3 (20ish). We also throw in our second pick 22ish in the official trade for baker.

20 and 22 for 40 and baker.
Best chance of something back with Baker in this scenario is a pick in the late 50s to help us match Champion. No way do the Tigers give more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back