Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

2 Richmond potatos and better then a bag of Freo Spuds ;)
I hope they live in the same house together. Its going to confuse me deeply if they dont. Its like a couples situation where you like the husband but the wife is insufferable but in order to hang out with the husband you also need to spend time with the wife

So we like Liam Baker but Jack Graham is insufferable but in order to hang out with Liam Baker, we need to invite Jack Graham to the party too. And then because we invited Jack Graham to the party, Liam Baker is just grateful and willing help you out more because he knows how insufferable Jack Graham can be

Its the only way i can sleep easy at night

I hope they live in the same house together. Its going to confuse me deeply if they dont. Its like a couples situation where you like the husband but the wife is insufferable but in order to hang out with the husband you also need to spend time with the wife

So we like Liam Baker but Jack Graham is insufferable but in order to hang out with Liam Baker, we need to invite Jack Graham to the party too. And then because we invited Jack Graham to the party, Liam Baker is just grateful and willing help you out more because he knows how insufferable Jack Graham can be

Its the only way i can sleep easy at night
I really want you guys to get Graham now, I will sub to his thread on your board to read your posts. 4 year deal? Why not round it up to an even 6?

I really want you guys to get Graham now, I will sub to his thread on your board to read your posts. 4 year deal? Why not round it up to an even 6?
By the 3rd year he will be captaining, coaching and doing the clothes washing for the WAFL side. Will be worth every penny of that 500,000 per year with all that shirt washing he will be doing

What the hell are you on about? He has won 2 premierships in his life in 7 years of AFL compared to the 0 your club has won.

Why are you getting so worked up? I’m just pointing out it’s pretty noble of Baker to choose his childhood team over chasing more silverware. Let’s be real—the Eagles won’t sniff a Grand Final before 2030. Meanwhile, the Dockers are gearing up for a dynasty, so maybe Baker’s missing the boat on something bigger. But hey, if he wants to go down with the ship, that’s his call!

What the hell are you on about? He has won 2 premierships in his life in 7 years of AFL compared to the 0 your club has won.

If Liam Baker is going to chase a 3rd premiership medal, then why head to the dockers?

If Baker is willing to get a 3rd premiership medal, he is better off staying at Richmond or head to the Eagles.

What? Freo don't have a Dry Cleaning service like their rich cousins in Perth ??
Yeah we do but not as good as the Quality dry cleaning service compared to Our West coast eagles and Perth mates.

I just want Freos season to end now.

I am feeling like poo at the moment after seeing freo lose 3 close games.

Why are you getting so worked up? I’m just pointing out it’s pretty noble of Baker to choose his childhood team over chasing more silverware. Let’s be real—the Eagles won’t sniff a Grand Final before 2030. Meanwhile, the Dockers are gearing up for a dynasty, so maybe Baker’s missing the boat on something bigger. But hey, if he wants to go down with the ship, that’s his call!
West Coast might be a train wreck now - but they're a great club with a proud history who has continued to demonstrate success regularly. They will be back. They will win a flag before Fremantle.

I can't believe Freo trying to bag WC - you aren't even in the same galaxy! If I'm Baker I'm going to Eagles

Last edited by a moderator:
West Coast might be a train wreck now - but they're a great club with a proud history who has continued to demonstrate success regularly. They will be back. They will win a flag before Flopmantle.

I can't believe Freo trying to bag WC - you aren't even in the same galaxy! If I'm Baker I'm going to Eagles
I can't believe you would bother to write up this rubbish to defend WC, they can do their own trolling on our history without your help.

I can't believe you would bother to write up this rubbish to defend WC, they can do their own trolling on our history without your help.
I'm sorry if you consider it rubbish. The facts are the Eagles are a successful club and Freo are not.

If I am Baker I'm going to an organisation that has a demonstrated history of success - their history suggests they win flags regularly and bounce back from setbacks.

Freo have been in the AFL for 30-years and achieved nothing. If I am playing footy in WA - I am picking WC and it's not even close..

I'm sorry if that bothers you.

I'm sorry if you consider it rubbish. The facts are the Eagles are a successful club and Freo are not.

If I am Baker I'm going to an organisation that has a demonstrated history of success - their history suggests they win flags regularly and bounce back from setbacks.

Freo have been in the AFL for 30-years and achieved nothing. If I am playing footy in WA - I am picking WC and it's not even close..

Incredibly, I am quite aware on the history of my club, the weird thing was you getting all upset on behalf of WC fans.

8 years ago, Richmond had done nothing for 30 years and were a joke, 20 years ago Carlton had a strong history of success. 3 years ago West Coast wouldn't be staying down long I was told.

Past performance is an not indicator of future success.

Last edited:
Yeah we do but not as good as the Quality dry cleaning service compared to Our West coast eagles and Perth mates.

I just want Freos season to end now.

I am feeling like poo at the moment after seeing freo lose 3 close games.
Really, you have already become a team. A Bolton could really help give your forward line some real x-factor /unpredictability that you currently lack as a list.
More fun at Freo than being at the Tiges atm !

Really, you have already become a team. A Bolton could really help give your forward line some real x-factor /unpredictability that you currently lack as a list.
More fun at Freo than being at the Tigers atm !
Things can Change with in 4 or 5 or 6 seasons.

Shai Bolton is good and a proven performer. But I reckon he will struggle to improve the dockers. He would get hounded every week from the media like Jesse Hogan did too.

West coast and richmond are in similar postions of a rebuild. Both will spend 2024, 2025 and possibly even 2026 in the bottom 6. I see both sides make finals in 2027 and either West coast or Tigers get a flag by the end of this decade.

Following the dockers taught me one thing. Anything positive or finals is rare and elusive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shai Bolton is good and a proven performer. But I reckon he will struggle to improve the dockers. He would get hounded every week from the media like Jesse Hogan did too.

West coast and richmond are in similar postions of a rebuild. Both will spend 2024, 2025 and possibly even 2026 in the bottom 6. I see both sides make finals in 2027 and either West coast or Tigers get a flag by the end of this decade.

Following the dockers taught me one thing. Anything positive or finals is rare and elusive
Dees finished 17th in 2019
Pies finished 17th in 2021

Things can turn quickly

Dees finished 17th in 2019
Pies finished 17th in 2021

Things can turn quickly
Dees were crippled with injury in 2019 after winning two finals in 2018.

Pies finished in a finals spot in 2019 and 2020. They made a grand final in 2018.

Dockers won't win a flag in 3 years

Last edited:

West Coast have had at least 3 years of this, Tigers only this year, How many years North?.

You do realise the cats didn't win anything for 44 years yeah? The wheel always turns big dog. History has little impact on the future. Every team will experience lean times. Dockers have had that and have now built a list that will compete strongly for quite a while. Enjoy the ride!

You do realise the cats didn't win anything for 44 years yeah? The wheel always turns big dog. History has little impact on the future. Every team will experience lean times. Dockers have had that and have now built a list that will compete strongly for quite a while. Enjoy the ride!
As they have done in the past but still havent got the chocys..

Dismissing Fremantle just because they haven’t piled up trophies like the Eagles or the Geelong Cats is absurd. The Eagles and Cats might have their accolades, but they’re nothing more than the orgiastic pagan crocodile gods of the AFL—fixated on their own fleeting glory. Fremantle, on the other hand, is like the early Christians, standing firm with unwavering resolve. Just as Christianity triumphed over those ancient deities, Fremantle will rise above and overcome the superficial success of those who only bask in their own accolades.

Dismissing Fremantle just because they haven’t piled up trophies like the Eagles or the Geelong Cats is absurd. The Eagles and Cats might have their accolades, but they’re nothing more than the orgiastic pagan crocodile gods of the AFL—fixated on their own fleeting glory. Fremantle, on the other hand, is like the early Christians, standing firm with unwavering resolve. Just as Christianity triumphed over those ancient deities, Fremantle will rise above and overcome the superficial success of those who only bask in their own accolades.
Ha ha - love it.

Back on track, do we assume the position is still, prefers WC, but they havent full committed yet because they dont know if they want to spend the required capital and will go to Freo otherwise?

It is still seriously bizarre no one knows which club he's formally picking
Cleary this morning said Baker wants Tigers to be adequately compensated and ruled out PSD. I'd say he won't nominate Eagles until it is confirmed that they will be able to get a fair deal done. So probably after Barrass is traded and we have a couple of extra picks.

Cleary this morning said Baker wants Tigers to be adequately compensated and ruled out PSD. I'd say he won't nominate Eagles until it is confirmed that they will be able to get a fair deal done. So probably after Barrass is traded and we have a couple of extra picks.
I just dont see Barrass moving the needle and if it was Barrass, you'd think it's enough that everyone knows he's going that Baker would then pick WC.

There is absolutely zero chance WC trade the first round pick they get for Barrass for Baker, they are trading him to take the picks to the draft. Barrass for Baker is a disaster and if it's multiple 2nds, they can do without waiting for Barrass to go through.

Maybe he wants to know who the coach will be, maybe WC want to check with the new coach if they are happy to trade for Baker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back