Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I just dont see Barrass moving the needle and if it was Barrass, you'd think it's enough that everyone knows he's going that Baker would then pick WC.

There is absolutely zero chance WC trade the first round pick they get for Barrass for Baker, they are trading him to take the picks to the draft. Barrass for Baker is a disaster and if it's multiple 2nds, they can do without waiting for Barrass to go through.

Maybe he wants to know who the coach will be, maybe WC want to check with the new coach if they are happy to trade for Baker?

Agree 100%

I can see its going to be West Coast 2nd rounder and F2 for Baker. Read a few random comments on our board that we are seeking not just quality picks but also quantity of picks.

Have a feeling we will be making a play for a few clubs 1st rounders this year or future picks by packaging up an abundance of later picks. I think the club is hoping to cash in on the last year before these rules change.

I just dont see Barrass moving the needle and if it was Barrass, you'd think it's enough that everyone knows he's going that Baker would then pick WC.

There is absolutely zero chance WC trade the first round pick they get for Barrass for Baker, they are trading him to take the picks to the draft. Barrass for Baker is a disaster and if it's multiple 2nds, they can do without waiting for Barrass to go through.

Maybe he wants to know who the coach will be, maybe WC want to check with the new coach if they are happy to trade for Baker?
I agree, it won't be a straight swap. But the more picks we have and the more picks they have make any deals easier to negotiate one way or the other.

I agree, it won't be a straight swap. But the more picks we have and the more picks they have make any deals easier to negotiate one way or the other.
Still doesnt seem to be a reason for him to have properly picked a team. Like, WC can get it done if they want to when we know Barrass is leaving.

Still doesnt seem to be a reason for him to have properly picked a team. Like, WC can get it done if they want to when we know Barrass is leaving.
Season hasn't even finished yet, snuff. Relax.

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

I'm off work for the day, just passing time (it's legit interesting because it never works like this for WA teams haha)
haha all good. I'd still be staggered if he chose Weagles over Freo. Why leave a terrible team for an equally terrible team when you can go to a legit contender next door? :think:

I don't buy the whole he grew up barracking for them thing (ahead of winning games), surely after 7 years and 2 flags at Richmond, his childhood club has become a distant memory.

haha all good. I'd still be staggered if he chose Weagles over Freo. Why leave a terrible team for an equally terrible team when you can go to a legit contender next door? :think:

I don't buy the whole he grew up barracking for them thing (ahead of winning games), surely after 7 years and 2 flags at Richmond, his childhood club has become a distant memory.
I agree except Bolton asking to go might have put the salary cap squeeze on harder at Freo. If you can only get two of Bolton, Baker and Warner. Baker becomes the one you miss.

WC can definitely pay him more but money isn't everything and a decent AFL player earns enough not to worry about an extra 20%.

I agree except Bolton asking to go might have put the salary cap squeeze on harder at Freo. If you can only get two of Bolton, Baker and Warner. Baker becomes the one you miss.

WC can definitely pay him more but money isn't everything and a decent AFL player earns enough not to worry about an extra 20%.
I assume we'll tip in some cash for better picks. I can't see Warner leaving Swans.

Good old Foxsports providing a quality update on trades today. Not.

Mentioned twice in the same article Baker was a free agent and can go to a club costing nothing.

Face Palm What GIF by SWR3

Do these so called professional journalists who write this crap do any research?

Do they get paid for publishing factually incorrect statements?

Good old Foxsports providing a quality update on trades today. Not.

Mentioned twice in the same article Baker was a free agent and can go to a club costing nothing.

Face Palm What GIF by SWR3

Do these so called professional journalists who write this crap do any research?

Do they get paid for publishing factually incorrect statements?
Heres one

What if Foxsports is correct and we have been wrong all along....

Band 2 compo for sure :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how much I trust this one.

Heard that if Bolton goes to Freo, bakes will go with him.

If nothing happens with Bolton, baker to west coast.

Seems a bit fanciful for mine, but the source has been bang on on a few things lately 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seems a bit fanciful for mine, but the source has been bang on on a few things lately 🤷🏼‍♂️
If thats the case the Tigers really wanna hope Bolton goes to Freo then, because they arent getting a first rounder from West coast for Baker

Baker needs someone to hold his hand on the plane and at training? 😁

Baker needs someone to hold his hand on the plane and at training? 😁
Looks like.

And let’s be honest here, who wouldn’t prefer holding Belton’s hand over grahams?

If thats the case the Tigers really wanna hope Bolton goes to Freo then, because they arent getting a first rounder from West coast for Baker
Don’t think they would from Freo either.

Probably upgrades the pick 17-ish to pick 10.

Any other currency used would be linked to an outgoing player. (Either the player or the currency generated.)

Baker must hate Jack Graham then

Why are you getting so worked up? I’m just pointing out it’s pretty noble of Baker to choose his childhood team over chasing more silverware. Let’s be real—the Eagles won’t sniff a Grand Final before 2030. Meanwhile, the Dockers are gearing up for a dynasty, so maybe Baker’s missing the boat on something bigger. But hey, if he wants to go down with the ship, that’s his call!

Dockers

Dynasty

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Reaction Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry Snuff.

Its been a long season and I needed a laugh. ;) :thumbsu:

Would WC trade for Baker and Bolton to prevent Fremantle from contending for a flag?

It doesn’t really make sense for WC to recruit either as it will cost them draft capital and as far as I can tell they are a long way off like us.

For Freo it seems like a no brainer unless they are somehow going to land Warner this year. They’ve almost landed in the perfect scenario. They have the draft capital and we can help with the salary cap. Nothing is guaranteed in football but if Bolton and Baker didn’t open Freo’s window with the team they already have, they’d be needing that review we copped in 2016.

Would WC trade for Baker and Bolton to prevent Fremantle from contending for a flag?

It doesn’t really make sense for WC to recruit either as it will cost them draft capital and as far as I can tell they are a long way off like us.

For Freo it seems like a no brainer unless they are somehow going to land Warner this year. They’ve almost landed in the perfect scenario. They have the draft capital and we can help with the salary cap. Nothing is guaranteed in football but if Bolton and Baker didn’t open Freo’s window with the team they already have, they’d be needing that review we copped in 2016.
Use commonsense here and you have your answer mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back