Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

It would be the height of stupidity to miss out on a player such as Tobie Travaglia to go after Baker. Just sheer lunacy.
Based on what Richmond will want for him we should steer well clear of being involved in any discussions for Baker.

Personally (and I've said this before on this thread), I don't think the Barass pick will be on the table, but you will need to pony up more than your 2nd. I've said before, I suspect it will be 23 plus F2 with a 3rd in either 2024 or 2025 coming back to you, maybe your 3rd in 2024 comes back to you.

Something like 23 and F2, for Baker and 41. You take 3, 11 (or whatever the Barass pick ends up as) and 41 to the draft and hope to get Champion after that (not many of the lists anymore have him top 40). You guys add Baker and potentially Graham (if thats where he ends up). I reckon you'd back yourselves in to improve in 2025.

Agree. On body of work, Josh Schache is far superior to whoever the #1 overall pick is.

Anyone who suggests that Richmond aren't getting a good deal if they had traded the unknown quantity of a #1 pick for a known quantity in Josh Schache is an idiot. Why Melbourne delisted him is beyond anyone's guess coz he's a known quantity.
What has Josh Schache and the overall #1 pick got to do with this discussion? What a total derailment.

Haven't seen a single WC fan keen on bringing him in. It just makes no sense. If they're offloading Barrass you'd think they would use that pick to help speed up their rebuild, not waste on a guy a year younger in a position they don't really need.

What has Josh Schache and the overall #1 pick got to do with this discussion? What a total derailment.
"Total derailment" sounds a lot like bringing up "bOdY oF WoRk" when a West Coast fan has the incredulous opinion that a 27 year old helps a rebuilding team less than a mid-first rounder.

If you can't spot that the Schache example was to demonstrate your flawed reasoning...you need Jesus.

We should know more tomorrow with his exit meeting, but yeah, It's hard for me to wrap my head around him wanting to go to West Coast.

The more I think about it with Barrass wanting out.

There is just as much uncertainty around WC than there is with Richmond.
I'm am hoping in some miracle he decides to the stay but with him not being re-signed by the club by now tells me he is probably leaving.

Haven't seen a single WC fan keen on bringing him in. It just makes no sense. If they're offloading Barrass you'd think they would use that pick to help speed up their rebuild, not waste on a guy a year younger in a position they don't really need.
Cos he isn't a good fit for us!

We should know more tomorrow with his exit meeting, but yeah, It's hard for me to wrap my head around him wanting to go to West Coast.

The more I think about it with Barrass wanting out.

There is just as much uncertainty around WC than there is with Richmond.
I'm am hoping in some miracle he decides to the stay but with him not being re-signed by the club by now tells me he is probably leaving.
Yeah why would he choose west coast?
No coach.
Going to be bottom of the ladder for several years.

It really has to be Matty Clarke offering him a bucket load of cash to set himself up for life.

Otherwise going to Freo makes the most sense.
They need players who don’t bottle it under pressure and can put their head over the ball in big game situations. He’d lead by example on the field and bring his team mates with him. At least the kids at west coast will have a good person to set the on and off field standards for the future of the club.

No coach.

It really has to be Matty Clarke offering him a bucket load of cash to set himself up for life.

They need players who don’t bottle it under pressure and can put their head over the ball in big game situations. He’d lead by example on the field and bring his team mates with him. At least the kids at west coast will have a good person to set the on and off field standards for the future of the club.
It's probably as simple as he's acheived his childhood dream of winning a flag, now he wants to achieve his childhood dream of playing for the club he grew up supporting

It's probably as simple as he's acheived his childhood dream of winning a flag, now he wants to achieve his childhood dream of playing for the club he grew up supporting
Haha yes I’m sure it is.
And Matty Clarke is a genius.
It’s no wonder Jack Graham is on West Coasts radar as well. Sticking to the guys he knows very well.

No coach.

Flogmantle can have him!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No coach.

No Freo doesnt make sense as We cant even make finals.

Baker is better off Staying at Richmond. Saying that, I can see the tigers to a Hawks style rebuild with the picks they have.

Trade or bring in 2 or 3 blokes from other clubs each season while getting 4 or 5 or 6 kids in the national draft. Get the occasional Gem in the rookie draft. Tigers will spent 4 or 5 seasons in a row outside the top 8, but they will be fine.

While we are winning 2 games a year? No. If we were pushing finals or in finals absolutely.
you might as well sign Baker for another season or 2. Why get rid of Baker and Bolton?

Tigers have a lot of draft picks this season.... Unless you wanna load up for the 2025 draft too.

you might as well sign Baker for another season or 2. Why get rid of Baker and Bolton?

Tigers have a lot of draft picks this season.... Unless you wanna load up for the 2025 draft too.
Think we are trying on Baker. He might be el capitano if he stays.

Bolton seems pretty eager to leave. Not against holding one of him or Rioli but the picks might be too good to say no to.

If he is coming in as leadership id hope that Liam Baker is such a leader that he would make Mel Gibsons character in Braveheart seem like a absolute wimp in comparison to the mighy and bravery that is Liam Baker

Think we are trying on Baker. He might be el capitano if he stays.

Bolton seems pretty eager to leave. Not against holding one of him or Rioli but the picks might be too good to say no to.
Thats fair enough. Sorry for Being negative. I am still Flat after the dockers loss to Port.

Baker to West Coast is something I don't understand for either side, unless he was a massive West Coast fan growing up and West Coast's list manager is delulu. Freo are much more likely to contend for a flag before Baker retires. And Travaglia would be much more likely to play in West Coast's next grand final team than Baker.
Jamie Cripps is out of contract at the end of next year. I expect Baker to fill his role. Like Jayden Hunt, it's a decent stop gap while our kids develop at WAFL level.

If he is coming in as leadership id hope that Liam Baker is such a leader that he would make Mel Gibsons character in Braveheart seem like a absolute wimp in comparison to the mighy and bravery that is Liam Baker
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I think Baker is a good target for the reason above but a year too early. We have better uses for pick 23 but Baker is a decent player who will fill a hole for a few years. Not ideal to use draft capital but I get the logic.

I think Baker is a good target for the reason above but a year too early. We have better uses for pick 23 but Baker is a decent player who will fill a hole for a few years. Not ideal to use draft capital but I get the logic.
You can plug the hole for much cheaper though? Especially if Baker is going to cost you the Barrass pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back