Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

'LOL No he wasn't :moustache:'

Quickly googles FACTS... Spends roughly 6 minutes thinking how to get out of this jam.

'The squad of 44 is hardly making the actual team. Especially when Pavlich was on the selection panel of course there would be a couple of Freo players nominated.'

Dusts hands, grabs a sip of his favourite soda.

Awaits the response, but deep down knows he completely stuffed it, but the dawg runs deep in him and he ain't backing down.

'LOL No he wasn't :moustache:'

Quickly googles FACTS... Spends roughly 6 minutes thinking how to get out of this jam.

'The squad of 44 is hardly making the actual team. Especially when Pavlich was on the selection panel of course there would be a couple of Freo players nominated.'

Dusts hands, grabs a sip of his favourite soda.

Awaits the response, but deep down knows he completely stuffed it, but the dawg runs deep in him and he ain't backing down.
Yep

Gets found out and rather than stick his hand up and admit, digs himself into an even bigger hole.

You guys crack me up honestly.:D
Ok the original post I misread it and thought he meant was in the actual AA team. I suppose when you have won nothing since being in the AFL it is a win just being nominated so congratulations to Freo for Jackson nearly making the AA Team that will look good in the trophy cabinet.:thumbsu:
Also I had to have a look at the coaches votes in 2023 and expecting Jacko to be well up on the leaderboard except it wasn't to be not even in the Top 20 and definitely NOT 60+ votes No it was actually 51 but hey it's another moral victory for the trophy cabinet.

Lets see the Wet Toast boys defend their 2016 drafting when they got Venables at pick 13 and Bolton went at 29 masterstroke.:thumbsu:
Or maybe in the 2017 rookie draft and they got Ryan Burrows at pick 13 and Baker went at pick 18.:moustache:

Lets see the Wet Toast boys defend their 2016 drafting when they got Venables at pick 13 and Bolton went at 29 masterstroke.:thumbsu:

There's alot you can bag the WC recruiters for (ahem...Jarrod Brander) but predicting that a guy would have his career cut short by one of the worst incidents of concussion ever is probably not one of them

Missed the mark badly here

Ok the original post I misread it and thought he meant was in the actual AA team. I suppose when you have won nothing since being in the AFL it is a win just being nominated so congratulations to Freo for Jackson nearly making the AA Team that will look good in the trophy cabinet.:thumbsu:
Also I had to have a look at the coaches votes in 2023 and expecting Jacko to be well up on the leaderboard except it wasn't to be not even in the Top 20 and definitely NOT 60+ votes No it was actually 51 but hey it's another moral victory for the trophy cabinet.

Or maybe in the 2017 rookie draft and they got Ryan Burrows at pick 13 and Baker went at pick 18.:moustache:
You do know what ended Dan Venables career right?
Guess that's twice you've proven you don't know what you're on about.

Last edited:

You’d want to watch it.

Borderline injury trolling.

Let’s see every club defend their 2011 drafting when Lachie Neale went at 58 or is that not how this works?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because you got found out, there's no need to be a knob.
Every club can look back and see draft stuff ups.

Don't forget, it was your mob who took Richard Tambling before Buddy Franklin.

Nuff said.

Anyone else think he hasn’t come out and said which club is because he’s waiting to see what else happens at Freo?

Happy enough to go to west coast, but probably third in line of priorities across the road.

Anyone else think he hasn’t come out and said which club is because he’s waiting to see what else happens at Freo?

Happy enough to go to west coast, but probably third in line of priorities across the road.
Other way round I reckon. Wants to see what happens with the coach at West Coast but will happily go to Fremantle as part of the Bolton deal.

Other way round I reckon. Wants to see what happens with the coach at West Coast but will happily go to Fremantle as part of the Bolton deal.
Yeah, think it’s much of a muchness. Just wants to get home. (Which is rare)

Lets see the Wet Toast boys defend their 2016 drafting when they got Venables at pick 13 and Bolton went at 29 masterstroke.
Yeah, we really should've known he'd suffer a career ending injury after only 21 games.

Great call there buddy.

The Pickett stuff makes it awkward, like if you aren't going to pick us, we aren't waiting around when Pickett is available. Hell, even if had actually picked us I'd be like "soz bro, no room"

He clearly prefers WC, he should just nominate and let Tigers deal with the consequences. There's been worse deals than Baker for 23

Last edited:

We don't need this here, thanks.

Feel free to post that sort of rubbish on your club's board or on Bay 13.

Now that Petracca's been put to bed (figuratively and not literally) we can resume Liam Baker for pick 3, 12 and Harley Reid now?

The Pickett stuff makes it awkward, like if you aren't going to pick us, we aren't waiting around when Pickett is available. Hell, even if had actually picked us I'd be like "soz bro, no room"

He clearly prefers WC, he should just nominate and let Tigers with the consequences. There's been worse deals than Baker for 23
It's awkward but doable. I think something comes back your way with Bolton for 9 + 17. If you guys get Baker, nothing comes back and instead, you throw something minor back to Richmond. That preserves 10 + F1 for Pickett. I think the sticking point for you guys is your salary cap. Either way, I don't see Richmond getting a first for Baker from either club.

It's awkward but doable. I think something comes back your way with Bolton for 9 + 17. If you guys get Baker, nothing comes back and instead, you throw something minor back to Richmond. That preserves 10 + F1 for Pickett. I think the sticking point for you guys is your salary cap. Either way, I don't see Richmond getting a first for Baker from either club.
It's the cap that's as much an issue as anything, like, someone has to go for it to work which just makes it all harder

It's the cap that's as much an issue as anything, like, someone has to go for it to work which just makes it all harder
Any chance you abandon the dual ruck experiment? (not for WCE's benefit; just generally given how much is invested between Darcy/Jackson)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back