Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Baker can go to West Coast if they are prepared to overpay for him. Me personally, I'd like him at Freo and Saints second they handed over to Freo plus Brodie would be ideal.

I am absolutely flummoxed by this whole thing. Did Jon Ralph seriously sit there and type out West Coast were willing to part with pick 3 to land Baker? Did I vortex into a timeline where Liam Baker is the next Chris Judd?! What the unholy f*ck is going on over there at the Herald Sun?!

I will legit spew if my club gets rolled over like this. Like it isn't bad enough we're pushovers on the field, but now we're infantile off the field too.

Baker can go to West Coast if they are prepared to overpay for him. Me personally, I'd like him at Freo and Saints second they handed over to Freo plus Brodie would be ideal.

Are continuing to pay Will Brodie too in this scenario?

The whole reason you have him (for another 2 seasons) is that nobody wanted his contract.

It's not, because it leaves nothing left for other targets.

If we were looking at a salary dump from another club, that didn't require picks to make happen, ok, it makes sense.

We can't pay for Warner or Koz with salary cap space. We need the picks.

If Kos is a genuine possibility I agree, 9 + 10 is off the table. Warner though will be a problem for next year, and I think in either situation having Bolton’s salary paid will be a big bonus in managing things as your youth develops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weird feeling we want plenty of picks this draft so can see a trade where we trade pick 3 and receive Baker, pick 10 and something in the third round? I think pick 3 and pick 23 for Baker and pick 6 is a good trade for both teams (middle ground between Richmond wanting a first rounder and Eagles only wanting to offer a second rounder) but I feel like we rather hold onto 23 and prefer sliding back another four spots to pick 10, as long as we got a later pick as well, the later pick potentially being used to match a bid on Champion.
If we were going to slide back that far, we may as well deal with Freo ourselves. 3, 23 + F3 for 9, 10 + 27. Freo can send 3 on to Richmond themselves.

Yeah that sounds ideal mate.

Maybe we can throw in Cumberland and you can add your 2025 first rounder to.

That would be ideal.

I am absolutely flummoxed by this whole thing. Did Jon Ralph seriously sit there and type out West Coast were willing to part with pick 3 to land Baker? Did I vortex into a timeline where Liam Baker is the next Chris Judd?! What the unholy f*ck is going on over there at the Herald Sun?!

I will legit spew if my club gets rolled over like this. Like it isn't bad enough we're pushovers on the field, but now we're infantile off the field too.
Ralph is a Richmond supporter and it clouds his 'journalism', WCE will have to put up with this and, FIFO-at-nightclub level harassment of Harley Reid for the remainder of the trade period. It's why we hate Victorians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird feeling we want plenty of picks this draft so can see a trade where we trade pick 3 and receive Baker, pick 10 and something in the third round? I think pick 3 and pick 23 for Baker and pick 6 is a good trade for both teams (middle ground between Richmond wanting a first rounder and Eagles only wanting to offer a second rounder) but I feel like we rather hold onto 23 and prefer sliding back another four spots to pick 10, as long as we got a later pick as well, the later pick potentially being used to match a bid on Champion.

He wasn't saying pick 3 for Baker, lol.

Was talking about an exchange of picks and Baker.

IF.......

Richmond say got 9 & 17 for Bolton.

And Eagles gave 3 and got Baker and 9, that values Baker at pick 25.

I think that's fair value whilst also acknowledging that top 5 picks are extra valuable because you get almost the full field to pick from.

Baker.png

People seem to be uneducated it's not pick 3 directly for Liam Baker, it's a slideback to another good pick. while getting Baker, I actually wouldn't do that trade if I am Richmond because you are losing Baker for not much just to gain a few spots higher & you might get the same player anyway.

He wasn't saying pick 3 for Baker, lol.

Was talking about an exchange of picks and Baker.

IF.......

Richmond say got 9 & 17 for Bolton.

And Eagles gave 3 and got Baker and 9, that values Baker at pick 25.

I think that's fair value whilst also acknowledging that top 5 picks are extra valuable because you get almost the full field to pick from.

View attachment 2102051

Do you reckon any club would give up pick 3 for picks 9 and 25?

To be fair that was driven by Sam Maclure, whose still convinced Dusty is off to Gold Coast next year.

And it was off the back of you ponying up the Sheezel pick to trade down to get 2 lesser WA talents the year before.

After bypassing such a talent in Harry, West Coast couldn’t possibly forgo another phenom.

Jon Ralph is the only person who's happy about Sam Maclure being around because he made just as many awful calls about WC last trade/draft period but noone remembers

Also, there's no world where WC could've got Sheezel. If we don't do the trade, North just take him at 1. We passed on Wardlaw or Cadman.

To be honest, It is almost as bad as Hayden Ballantyne wanted a trade to West coast around 2017 or 2018.

It is

Pick 3 doesn't need to be involved
I didn't say it did.

I was just explaining to the user who seemed to think it was just pick 3 the mechanics of what was floated.

Do you reckon any club would give up pick 3 for picks 9 and 25?
No.

That is a different argument. A known player is different to a speculative pick, but you know this.

Do you reckon any club would give up pick 3 for pick 9 and a player who was a known quantity, that is something they want/require?

If you take a Victorian kid at pick 3 it's a flight risk in 2 years.

OMG.

You must be trolling.

Or not very smart.

game of thrones you know nothing GIF

It is

Pick 3 doesn't need to be involved
It would be interesting to know our targets but 3 down to 9 feels like a big drop. 3 down to 6 could work depending on how clubs rate Murphy Reid. Looking back at the pick 2 trade in 2022, that was 2, 40 + Rioli for 8, 12, F2 (40) + F3 (49). If we have a target inside the top 6 I could see something like 3, F2 + F3 for 6, 17 + Baker, leaving us with 6, 12, 17, 23 and Richmond with 1, 3, 9, 21, 29 without any other trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back