Liam Jurrah being held by police -Sen

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CULTURE DOES NOT EXCUSE VIOLENCE!!!!

Until the court case in May, no violent act has been established to have been committed. Even the charges don't necessarily indicate that Jurrah was the one who did anything, they would be the same if he was just implicated or involved.

Accordingly, there have not been any sanctions in relation to the charges in question, and nor would there be. There is only one justice system in Australia.

Also, as has been fairly widely reported but you conveniently ignore, Jurrah will be sanctioned by Melbourne for breaking club rules on players' behavior.

Until the court case in May, no violent act has been established to have been committed. Even the charges don't necessarily indicate that Jurrah was the one who did anything, they would be the same if he was just implicated or involved.

Accordingly, there have not been any sanctions in relation to the charges in question, and nor would there be. There is only one justice system in Australia.

Also, as has been fairly widely reported but you conveniently ignore, Jurrah will be sanctioned by Melbourne for breaking club rules on players' behavior.

This kind of response typifies the “Southern” (well this bloke is apparently from France) acceptance of violence in the Northern Territory! That is acceptance of the fear that parents, children and grandparents experience as the result of a small number of thugs! GUTLESS!!

I wonder what your response would be if the murders, rapes and bashings were happening in your suburb or community?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you have some experience in these matters, but realistically you can't expect a club to punish a player for a matter that is due to appear before a court.

For one it could effect the outcome of the court case, which could have horrible consequences for Liam.

No one is condoning this sort of violence, but you can't condemn someone just because the community regularly suffers violence.

Obviously you have some experience in these matters, but realistically you can't expect a club to punish a player for a matter that is due to appear before a court.

For one it could effect the outcome of the court case, which could have horrible consequences for Liam.

No one is condoning this sort of violence, but you can't condemn someone just because the community regularly suffers violence.

Maybe I am confused, but wasn't it Andrew Lovett and Brendan Fevola that were supended by their AFL clubs as their criminal cases went to court?

Just remember, all of the police reports allege that Jurrah was caught carrying a machete at night time. This is a very serious crime no matter the colour of your skin...

This kind of response typifies the “Southern” (well this bloke is apparently from France) acceptance of violence in the Northern Territory! That is acceptance of the fear that parents, children and grandparents experience as the result of a small number of thugs! GUTLESS!!

I wonder what your response would be if the murders, rapes and bashings were happening in your suburb or community?

So can you actually tell us what happened? I mean if you're prepared to spell out for us what the court transcript will be once all parties involved have given their evidence then I'm prepared to have a stab at passing judgment. Y'know, weighing up the evidence and all that crazy stuff that seems to be part of our judicial process.

Until then I'll continue to go with whatever a really low bail and permission to return to Melbourne signals.

Maybe I am confused, but wasn't it Andrew Lovett and Brendan Fevola that were supended by their AFL clubs as their criminal cases went to court?

Just remember, all of the police reports allege that Jurrah was caught carrying a machete at night time. This is a very serious crime no matter the colour of your skin...

Can you line up the list of indiscretions accorded to each player for us?

Do you think the fact that his own teammates were likely to be called to give evidence against Lovett influenced the Saints decision?

Or that it was public knowledge that Fevola went to Brisbane on a zero-tolerance basis given his past indiscretions?

The devil's always in the detail isn't it?

Suspension on full pay is common in the public sector when facing criminal charges.

Who said anything about skin colour?

Are you privy to all police reports on the incident?

No.

So don't try and drag that in.

Who said anything about skin colour?

Are you privy to all police reports on the incident?

No.

So don't try and drag that in.

It appears that if it is Indigenous violence there are excuses made by "Southerners", such as it is cultural or traditional. These are crap excuses. These guys are practising a bastardised version of their traditional law, which is seriously distorted by grog and gunja. That is where skin colour comes into it.

No, I haven't read the police report. But I do know the charges involve unlawfully causing serious harm and being armed with an offensive weapon at night. If found convicted Jurrah will madatorily receive a custodial sentence!

There is a blokes wife I know who reckons her husband was whacked 6 times with that very same machette.
Her Sisters husband did run over Liams Uncle with a car at Yuendumu several months before that however

Man who carries a machete to around known enemies, and the guy gets butchered. Shouldn't there be consequences? 'Just came round for a friendly chat and I brought my friend, Mr Machete, along for the fun.'

Interesting to note, Tribal Justice now includes being runover by a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back