Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I was talking about 😆

There is some side by side lines of Kuroda vs YY from IW floating around too (edit: you found it! 😆). I'll stick by what I always say, if you're going to dub at least use VAs with relevant accents.

Mark Hamill has somehow gotten a reprieve.

I would like to think that RGG has intentionally tanked their own English dub to force people into playing in Japanese. 😂

I was going to play IW and then replay Final Fantasy VII before FF VII Rebirth at the end of February. But it sounds like I should play FFVII around the middle of December so I don’t get burnt out from playing three big games (IW/FFVII/Rebirth) in the span of a month. 😂

We have to get people to play the game in about a week or a month, even at the cost of their health...

Lol. But even bigger than 5? 😲
IMO 5 was probably too long, though that may have been multiple character burn out and feeling like you're starting all over again after spending 10-20 hours with one character. LAD7 was pretty long and getting close to a reasonable limit. As long as there is some variety I guess.

Lol. But even bigger than 5? 😲
IMO 5 was probably too long, though that may have been multiple character burn out and feeling like you're starting all over again after spending 10-20 hours with one character. LAD7 was pretty long and getting close to a reasonable limit. As long as there is some variety I guess.
5 had a lot of crap in it that made it drag out. I spent around the same amount of time on 0 and LAD but neither felt like the chore that 5 did. Big games aren't necessarily bad, just need to have the right balance. Can't be filled with pointless or repetitive bullshit (like AC Valhalla).

Y5 isn‘t so long when you know what to skip haha. Play Saejima mountain sections and Haruka’s two chapters on a first playthrough but they aren’t necessary on additional playthroughs. You can almost cut out 10 hours of gameplay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y5 isn‘t so long when you know what to skip haha. Play Saejima mountain sections and Haruka’s two chapters on a first playthrough but they aren’t necessary on additional playthroughs. You can almost cut out 10 hours of gameplay.
They needed to drop Shinada completely. Added nothing to the story except bloat.

Did anyone try the demo that comes with Gaiden? I played about 20-30mins of the story demo and did some karaoke but then closed it because I don't want to ruin anything for myself. I just wanted to check out Kiryu in turn based mode and wanted to peak what Hawaii looks like.

One thing though is it's obviously a slice taken from a part that is still very much in development. So if anyone sees any videos or articles criticising it then just know that. There is very little, if any post processing and many background objects are low poly and low resolution. Sometimes background NPCs during dialogue were just sliding around and not animating, and things like neon signs obviously don't have emissive textures so it just looks really flat.

But lastly, one character, or at least character likeness, that I couldn't believe appeared was

(If you don't want to know then no clicky! Maybe you'll have the same reaction I did when seeing it for the first time)
Richardson!!! Like Kashiwagi appears as a bartender without any explanation at Survive Bar, Richardson, or his likeness, appears to be the bartender in Hawaii. They even used a similar voice except this time speaks Japanese. So unfortunately no "on the ruf".

There are already memes though. Apparently Mine's tattoo has been spotted somewhere too? I saw people already claiming "rubber mine" in the same thread I found this.
RDT_20231118_003531288669364085465099.jpg

Did anyone try the demo that comes with Gaiden? I played about 20-30mins of the story demo and did some karaoke but then closed it because I don't want to ruin anything for myself. I just wanted to check out Kiryu in turn based mode and wanted to peak what Hawaii looks like.

One thing though is it's obviously a slice taken from a part that is still very much in development. So if anyone sees any videos or articles criticising it then just know that. There is very little, if any post processing and many background objects are low poly and low resolution. Sometimes background NPCs during dialogue were just sliding around and not animating, and things like neon signs obviously don't have emissive textures so it just looks really flat.

But lastly, one character, or at least character likeness, that I couldn't believe appeared was

(If you don't want to know then no clicky! Maybe you'll have the same reaction I did when seeing it for the first time)
Richardson!!! Like Kashiwagi appears as a bartender without any explanation at Survive Bar, Richardson, or his likeness, appears to be the bartender in Hawaii. They even used a similar voice except this time speaks Japanese. So unfortunately no "on the ruf".

There are already memes though. Apparently Mine's tattoo has been spotted somewhere too? I saw people already claiming "rubber mine" in the same thread I found this.
View attachment 1854895
Didn't touch it. Want to wait till it comes out before seeing any game play.

“The new stage of "Ryu ga Gotoku 8" is "Honolulu City, Hawaii".

A vast new stage that is said to be more than three times the size of Isezaki Ijincho.
So what kind of areas are there and what kind of adventures are waiting for them?“

Are we going to get a skateboard or bike?
The skateboard was pretty good in LJ, but it also suited Tak more than it would Kiryu or Ichi. A bike would be good, but seems weirder to pull that out your ass than it does a skateboard.

Woah Danny Trejo! His likeness too. Too bad I'll miss his voice with Japanese audio.

Being in Hawaii I wonder how many will be speaking English though, or if they just all magically speak Japanese. I'm sure this has been revealed somewhere already but I'm sort of only looking at promotional things and trying to leave as much as possible as a surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back