Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I read, the more excited I get. The opening 3 months of this year is bringing a strong Japanese flavour with IW, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Dragon’s Dogma II, Rise of the Ronin.

+Persona 3 remake in Feb if you want to go full weeb. I'm pretty sure Infinite Wealth is going to take me at least a month anyway.

+Persona 3 remake in Feb if you want to go full weeb. I'm pretty sure Infinite Wealth is going to take me at least a month anyway.

Never played a Persona game. A remake can do the trick though. FF VII was the first time I had played a FF game and I loved it a lot, tried other FF games that are only ports/remasters (on Plus) and I haven’t been able to get into any of them so a remake can be the trick to enjoying older/outdated games for a new crowd. I will keep an eye out on Persona 3.

Been thinking about the IW length the devs have been talking about. What I reckon is the 70 hours is if you’re playing on the highest difficulty and more 50 hours on the lowest.

Never played a Persona game. A remake can do the trick though. FF VII was the first time I had played a FF game and I loved it a lot, tried other FF games that are only ports/remasters (on Plus) and I haven’t been able to get into any of them so a remake can be the trick to enjoying older/outdated games for a new crowd. I will keep an eye out on Persona 3.

Been thinking about the IW length the devs have been talking about. What I reckon is the 70 hours is if you’re playing on the highest difficulty and more 50 hours on the lowest.

I'm still not sure what to make of the supposed length. I thought nothing could be as big as Y5 just because that is really 4 games in one with each character and that still took me well over 50 hours when I stuck to just the story for most of the majority of it. Given how much content they're revealing I believe IW will also be anywhere from 50-70 and could easily top 120 hours if you start getting bogged down on the side content. That will be me as I always make the most of the first playthroughs.

I'm still not sure what to make of the supposed length. I thought nothing could be as big as Y5 just because that is really 4 games in one with each character and that still took me well over 50 hours when I stuck to just the story for most of the majority of it. Given how much content they're revealing I believe IW will also be anywhere from 50-70 and could easily top 120 hours if you start getting bogged down on the side content. That will be me as I always make the most of the first playthroughs.

As great as these games are, I think a game can sometimes be too long if you get my meaning. And that’s coming from someone who has had multiple playthroughs of each game totally over 70+ hours on each game.

As great as these games are, I think a game can sometimes be too long if you get my meaning. And that’s coming from someone who has had multiple playthroughs of each game totally over 70+ hours on each game.
AC Valhalla was exactly that. Just dragged on pointlessly.

Y4 did with the ending and yeh, Y5 with Shinada, that whole arc could have been dropped.

Most memorable part of the Shinada section was the very end of it and him crying that he’s going to get a massage with a happy ending.

Least memorable part of the Shinada section was everything else.

Lots of journalists just had some hands on experience and I scrolled a few trying to catch some key words of things I wanted to know but without trying to read too much.

Firstly, I really can't wait. Secondly, I needed to know something about a location
Kamurocho is in the game. I don't know how much or for how long but I feel like I always need Kamurocho in some capacity to ground the game back to the Yakuza universe and to see how the streets have evolved. Every game I start by wandering the streets and reminisce events that happened at certain locations and buildings. That was the only thing that was a bummer about Gaiden. I know Kiryu was forbidden from going there but it just felt so weird not being able to even see it for the first time ever. There are four locations, Honalulu, Kamurocho, Yokohama and I don't remember reading what the fourth was. Hopefully Sotenbori?

Also, Dondoko Island sounds awesome and I think I'll get lost in it. One thing I'm not sure about is how the languages of the locals in Honolulu will work. RGG said they were inspired by the large Japanese community there, but does this mean everyone will be speaking Japanese? Ichi and Kiyru's english is non-existent so they wouldn't be able to communicate anyway but it will be kind of weird is absolutely everyone just speaks perfect Japanese, or they'll be Richardson and seemingly understand it but not speak it. "On the RUF"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May or may not have been spending my holidays replaying 0 in preparation because I need a Yakuza fix like a junkie.

Clean living.

Everyone needs a bit of Yakuza in their life.

Don't know about clean, I forgot how filthy 0 was in terms of innuendo. Mr Libido 😆😆😆

I had an incredible thought earlier. The English dub of IW with YY voicing should have the gamers playing as Fake Kiryu lol.

1704959087688.jpeg

I had an incredible thought earlier. The English dub of IW with YY voicing should have the gamers playing as Fake Kiryu lol.

View attachment 1884898

The one genuine downside of not playing English dub is missing out on Daniel Dae Kim and Danny Trejo.

Unless their characters don't actually have Japanese lines (Daniel Dae Kim's should though judging by his name). Being based in the USA I presume not everyone is going to speak Japanese.

So it appears the number of chapters in the game was revealed last month and the chapter titles which are all
Elvis songs[/spoilers]

I am also kind of calling bullshit on the 72+ hour story now. Unless each main story chapter is about 5 hours long lol. I reckon it will be closer to 40-50 hours like LAD was.

So it appears the number of chapters in the game was revealed last month and the chapter titles which are all
Elvis songs[/spoilers]

I am also kind of calling bullshit on the 72+ hour story now. Unless each main story chapter is about 5 hours long lol. I reckon it will be closer to 40-50 hours like LAD was.

Or the bad guy expositions go for 10 times longer 😬

RPCB when are you starting the count down? It's officially next week. I assume it's unlocking a split second past midnight on the 26th too like Gaiden did and being a public holiday I can sit up and play all night. Might even smash down a Boss coffee or two.

I reckon I will start one on the 19th, 7 days before release.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back