Like to have a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 25, 2002
Roleystone
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a bit of a punt here and there. Sometimes just to add spice to a contest or othertimes where there looks to be a bit of value.

One thing that caught my eye is that sportingbet are offering odds on where bomber thompson will end up next year:

I would have thought he is a sure thing at Geelong but they are paying $1.85 for him to stay.
$1.85 for him to coach essendon and $31 for anything else.

Is this good value or do you think he is a real shot at the bombers? I assume the blokes setting the odds know more than me and am really surprised that they consider him even money to leave geelong for the bombers.
Thoughts?

I missed the thread on the mainpage. So much for me trying to keep this hush hush, bigfooty has backed him in from $2.50 to $1.85 to stay at Geelong. In the space of 30 minutes I now think essendon might be good value LOL.

I missed the thread on the mainpage. So much for me trying to keep this hush hush, bigfooty has backed him in from $2.50 to $1.85 to stay at Geelong. In the space of 30 minutes I now think essendon might be good value LOL.

Same thing happened with the Judd market, he opened up at $12 to go to the pies then within hours it had shortened to $3.50. Those who got in early will be looking forward to trade week.

With spring carnival on the horizon we should keep this thread open for those who enjoy a punt.

For those looking for an omen bet Purple Moon is currently paying $13 to win the Melbourne Cup.

I love to have a punt, mind you don't even get me started on my brownlow f**k up.

Normally it's on the greyhounds for me.

For those who are greyhound fans, here a some tips for Mandurah tonight 27/09...

Race 5 - No 1. Swispec - Be very surprised if it didnt finish 1st or 2nd, should be favourite around the $3-$3.50 mark.

Race 10 - No. 6. Taupe - Trainer is the dad of a mate, should win

Race 12 - No. 2. Valdahlah - Take on trust with this dog, can be slow out of the boxes as he did on his last 2 races and got checked to the rear to run last. Was on him 3 starts back when he jumped straight to the front from box 5 and won by 3 - 4 lengths at 9/1. Each Way

My Quaddie for tonight.

Race 5

Race 6
3-4-5-7-8

Race 7
2-5-6-7

Race 8
6-8

Cost= $40 for full dividend

Greyhounds are good fun to go to, get a few rednecks there though:D

Cannington Greyhounds crack me up. It's like you've stepped back to 1988 with all the flannie shirts, mullets, kids with rats tails and handlebar moustaches. :D

Gone a $5 win and a $5 place all-up with your 3 selections Pistol.

He is a big chance to leave the cats. He is still fuming (apparently) with the way he was treated by the board last year. The odds are right, 50-50.

Well given that Essendon have got a coach, probably a strong chance that speculation that Thompson will leave will be a load of rubbish (as per usual).

Should we have a competition to determine the number one punter on this board? Everyone starts with an imaginary $20, to bet with on whatever they like across the weekend. The grand final, the races, greyhounds, gloucester park, premier league, whatever. Post your bet(s) totalling $20, and whoever has the most on Monday is the winner.

http://www.ozbet.com.au/

My dog Rhode Attack is racing tomorrow night at Mandurah, race 5 box 8.
No idea how he'll go though.

My best tip would be Hot Money at Mandurah tomorrow night in race 2, box 1.
Very good 1 eyed dog (literally)

dom I think you may have hit on something that may take place in the future ;)

Also don't even talk about performances from dogs, in the space of 2 weeks one of our dogs has been suspended from Mandurah and if it wants to race at Cannington again must run a satisfactory trial. The dishlicker is on it's last chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who are greyhound fans, here a some tips for Mandurah tonight 27/09...

Race 5 - No 1. Swispec - Be very surprised if it didnt finish 1st or 2nd, should be favourite around the $3-$3.50 mark.

Race 10 - No. 6. Taupe - Trainer is the dad of a mate, should win

Race 12 - No. 2. Valdahlah - Take on trust with this dog, can be slow out of the boxes as he did on his last 2 races and got checked to the rear to run last. Was on him 3 starts back when he jumped straight to the front from box 5 and won by 3 - 4 lengths at 9/1. Each Way

My Quaddie for tonight.

Race 5

Race 6
3-4-5-7-8

Race 7
2-5-6-7

Race 8
6-8

Cost= $40 for full dividend

Results

Swispec ran 2nd at $1.60 - very close finish
Taupe ran 2nd at $1.60 - uncharacteristically slow out tonight
Valdahlah was a winner $4.30 for the win $1.80 for the place.

The quaddie - 2nd/1st/1st/3rd - back to the drawing board

Judd now paying $1.70 to go to melbourne at sportsbet. Sportingbet have suspended betting.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge, but it looks like there's something going on.

Judd now paying $1.70 to go to melbourne at sportsbet. Sportingbet have suspended betting.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge, but it looks like there's something going on.

Apparently he hates the dome, which essentially narrows it down to a two horse race. Melbourne has the worst list of the four clubs, I'll be surprised if he doesn't select the pies.

If it was just a matter of Judd choosing a club I'd say Pies aswell.

I think Juddy might try to do the right thing by West Coast and nominate two clubs. Of these two clubs I think collingwood are less likely to outbid the other. Malthouse will probably take a philisophic point of view and back his kids in. The other club would probably justify paying a bit extra for Judd's marketability.

My dog Rhode Attack is racing tomorrow night at Mandurah, race 5 box 8.
No idea how he'll go though.

My best tip would be Hot Money at Mandurah tomorrow night in race 2, box 1.
Very good 1 eyed dog (literally)

Don't know if anyone followed my advice but my dog came second and Hot Money romped it in.:D

Geraldton Races - 03 October

Best Bet: Race 6 - No. 1 - Escape

Quaddie

Race 4
2. Solar Impact
3. Summer Wave
6. Gusti Gola
7. Moni Miss

Race 5
2. Super Price
5. Gas Bottle
10. We're in Business
11. Freeasthebreeze

Race 6
1. Escape

Race 7.
1. Berry Good
3. Scenic Flash

2-3-6-7/2-5-10-11/1/1-3=$32 full dividend or $16 half dividend

Unlucky pistol, a big roughie came up and won Race number 6.
Yea was a bit unlucky, got posted 3 wide for a while then slotted in 1 out 1 back just off the pace, hit the front in the straight but wouldnt run straight, Pro Dansk came over the top.

3 first and a second in the Quaddie - Not Happy, been doing that a lot lately.

If you like to follow Jockey`s over the Spring Carnival--- Get on Danny Nikolic, riding back from Hong Kong and wants to make a big impact over the carnival...

Trainers to follow over the Spring Carnival...
Greg Eurell
Brian Mayfield Smith
Mick Price...

These trainers place there horses very well.

Thank me after the carnival :D

If you like to follow Jockey`s over the Spring Carnival--- Get on Danny Nikolic, riding back from Hong Kong and wants to make a big impact over the carnival...

I missed the follow up reports on his health but the last time I saw Nikolic he and his mount were headed thru the running rail at Moonee Valley(last Friday night).

Is he OK to ride?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back