Like to have a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed the follow up reports on his health but the last time I saw Nikolic he and his mount were headed thru the running rail at Moonee Valley(last Friday night).

Is he OK to ride?

Yea i heard he broke a leg or something but looks like he is OK to ride

I missed the follow up reports on his health but the last time I saw Nikolic he and his mount were headed thru the running rail at Moonee Valley(last Friday night).

Is he OK to ride?

He is listed to ride tomorrow....

One of his rides could be a knockout $$$ chance tomorrow or on Caulfield Cup day which they are aiming for...

Keltah race 9-- follow this horse, will be coming home strong.

Gloucester Park 05/10/2007

Quaddie

Race 4
4. The Power Within
7. Calafia

Race 5

2. Atomic Seelster
6. Ambers Gift
7. Cunninghame

Race 6.

4. Fake Idee
5. Deadly Jaquar
6. Minotaurus

Race 7.

4. Alberts Fantasy
11. Demoralizer

4-7/2-6-7/4-5-6/4-11=$36 full dividend or $18 half dividend

Belmont 6 October

Best Bet
Race 7 - Keyton Grace

Couple of rough ones did us... had the same thing yesterday - think it a sign to give them away for a little bit.

I'm not a quaddie fan usually. Either something paying $20+ stitches you up or you get 4 winners between $3 and $6 and don't win a lot anyway.

I'm not a quaddie fan usually. Either something paying $20+ stitches you up or you get 4 winners between $3 and $6 and don't win a lot anyway.
I usually stick to the each way bets but had a few quaddies lately.

Couple to watch today are:

Belmont

Race 7 - Keyton Grace

Flemington

Race 2 - Jabal Tarik
Race 4 - Light Vision
Race 9 - Stickpin
Race 10 - North of Havana

Morphettville

Race 5 - Happy Banker
Race 8 - Dehere O'Dedog

Happy Banker was a winner and you got a couple of seconds.

My Kersley treble was way off. All three were paying less than $6 but failed to place. :eek:

Got the double in the last two at Belmont which more than made up for all the donkeys I backed earlier in the day. Surprised that I got $16 for West River Charley, it's a very good horse. 8 wins from 17 starts.

Happy Banker was a winner and you got a couple of seconds.

My Kersley treble was way off. All three were paying less than $6 but failed to place. :eek:

Got the double in the last two at Belmont which more than made up for all the donkeys I backed earlier in the day. Surprised that I got $16 for West River Charley, it's a very good horse. 8 wins from 17 starts.
Yea West River Charley is a good horse. Form had been a bit ordinary of late but back to his best today. Poor run from Keyton Grace - although she hasnt run a decent 1200m yet.

Had the first 3 winners at Belmont, all were a bit short tho. Had that many seconds at Flemington.

Keep a watch on Dehere O'Dedog, first start today and was 2 lengths from the second last horse hitting the straight, ran about 5th and made up alot of ground.

Yea West River Charley is a good horse. Form had been a bit ordinary of late but back to his best today. Poor run from Keyton Grace - although she hasnt run a decent 1200m yet.

Great run by West River Charley. But on that race, get on Beat The Storm. He was so close in second. (Actually don't. I want better divvies :D) I have a close connection with the horse, my old man was a part of the syndicate that owned Beat The Storm's half sister, Stormy Time. Stormy Time had a very bright future and looked like she would possibly be better than Beat The Storm but tragically she broke a hind leg in her first start at Pinjarra Park and had to be destroyed :(. Worst day of my life, I'll never go back to Pinjarra Park after that.

Did anyone have a few places on Scenic Shot (the forgotten West Aussie horse) in the Turnbull? At $23 the place I was spewing I didn't! But then I backed Star Risca and Far Horizons each way at Belmont Park so I had a pretty good day anyway :D

Belmont 10 October

Best Bets

Race 1 - Dante's Volonte - 2nd
Race 3 - The Future - 2nd
Race 9 - Inarticulate - unplaced, very ordinary run

Best Each Way

Race 7 - Raring to Roar - Unplaced

Cannington 10 October

Best Bet
Race 9 - Hollywood Style - Winner at $6.50

Northam 11 October

Each Way
Race 1 - Supervise - Unplaced, didnt see or hear race so no idea how the run was.

Best Bets
Race 2 - Reassess - Very disapointing ended up $1.40 or something - 3rd
Race 5 - Initial Invader - Rider lost stirrups????

Mandurah 11 October

Best Bets
Race 8 - Swispec - Got smashed trying to cross the field
Race 11 - Hotline Freckles - ran 2nd
Race 12 - Solitaire Cruise - Missed the race but unplaced

Pretty Ordinary couple of days there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belmont Park Saturday 13/10/2007:

Race 1 Number 4 Rich And Wild

He probably ain't gunna win but just about everyone in my family is in the syndicate that owns him. And besides, they're all two year olds! Anything can happen! So I'll be on him. He'll need the run and will benefit from the experience. I'll be happy if he just gets through it OK.

Belmont 13/10/2007

Each Way
Race 1 - Inferno (First 2 Year Old race of the season)

Best Bets
Race 3 - Oi Aussie
Race 4 - Dante's Dash
Race 9 - El Presidente

Gotta be on Craig Williams tomorrow in Melbourne. Top hoop who is out for 9 meetings from Sunday night so he would be looking to get a few home before he has a rest. Has some good rides for David Hayes stable and always seems to get one longshot home each meet.

And pistol how good does that El presidente look :eek:. 6 starts for 5 wins.
Saw him win in Bunbury earlier this year(i think) looks to be an up and comer.

Well thats should just about end his career now i've given him the big wrap.
Good luck on the punt.

:D:D:D RICH AND WILD!!! :D:D:D

He ran a very good second and has pulled up very well according to the trainer (Brent Larsson). He paid $3.30 in the ring for the place, was quite happy to get a piece of that. Everyone connected with him is so stoked, we didn't expect too much from him but he was very impressive and we're confident he will win a race before he's 3. If all goes well, we'll do it all again in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

(saddlecloth 4, yellow silks)

Ginger1stRacePhotoFinishcropped.jpg

:D:D:D RICH AND WILD!!! :D:D:D

He ran a very good second and has pulled up very well according to the trainer (Brent Larsson). He paid $3.30 in the ring for the place, was quite happy to get a piece of that. Everyone connected with him is so stoked, we didn't expect too much from him but he was very impressive and we're confident he will win a race before he's 3. If all goes well, we'll do it all again in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

(saddlecloth 4, yellow silks)

Ginger1stRacePhotoFinishcropped.jpg

Was a very nice run first up. Looks a bit green still but wont be long before Rich and Wild wins a race. Ill be looking out for the next run.

Was a very nice run first up. Looks a bit green still but wont be long before Rich and Wild wins a race. Ill be looking out for the next run.

:thumbsu: At this stage still looking good for next Saturday at Ascot.

But for tomorrow, my picks would be:

Perth Race 2 Number 6 Far Horizons
Been excellent since crossing from the East. The main danger to him is Arctic Park.

Perth Race 6 Number 1 Beat The Storm
Unlucky second to West River Charley in his last run. Raped by the handicapper but he's good enough to win, even in the best company.

Throw in Douro Valley and Anamato as value bets in the Caulfield Cup and hopefully you'll have a few winners!

Good win by Far Horizons (paid $4 and $1.50) and Beat The Storm ran fourth, but he was only beaten by Paul Harvey. Absolutely crap ride, got him horribly stuck in a pocket and never made it out until the 150m. It's a credit to the class of the horse that in that 150m he pulled in most of the field carrying 58kg worth of idiot and only came up half a length short of New Spice. Keep following New Spice too, that was a great run.

Still looking to run Rich And Wild this week Kev? I'm off to Ascot Saturday.

I hope so. This weekend was the plan as he pulled up really well after his first run, but I haven't been able to talk to the syndicate manager for a few days now. I've just seen a forecast for rain on Thursday and Friday which will obviously soften up the track but I don't think that will have too much bearing on whether he runs or not. Probably 90% certain he will be in.

Sadly I don't think we'll get good divvies for him, but if he's in, he's worth a few bob each way I reckon. If you're going, you'll probably see our syndicate there. There's about 20 of us and we'll all be standing on the steps booting home 'Ginger'. Keep an eye out ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back