Liked, Learnt, Hated - Round 15, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Hated that time I had leprosy and my foot fell off.

Liked seeing Carlton get over the line in the dying moments for my Dad's sake as he's a Carlton supporter.

Learned Sydney Stack is a gun wherever he plays.

Liked : A full round of Footy, Tim Kelly's game...games played in the wet...

Learnt Reminded that some Tigers fans are still thick as two planks. GWS are not going to win the flag. Port are still a dodgy team

Hated : The VRS is still bad news all round for this competition...

Loved - North smashing up the Pies (Who doesn't like seeing Collingwood supporters put back in their box!)
Carlton and Essendon have close and unexpected wins
Richmond finally start to get some players back
Not hearing about 'fun police', crazy goal line calls or AFL Admin at all

Learnt - Brisbane are almost shoe ins for the eight
Freo and GWS are flaky
The Doggies are quietly doing their thing
Sydney Stack is a super star in the making and should win the Rising Star

Hate - Thursday night footy will slow down (I love the extra day of footy every weekend)

Liked:

- WCC winning ugly.
- The fact the team has some real X factor (NNs taps, Ryan's goal, OAs mark).
- NM belting Collingwood.
- Essendon beating GWS.
- Carlton finally looking like it has something yo work with.

Learnt:

-
Port still rely too much on emotion.
- Freo are completely unpredictable.
- Stack can play where he wants.
- Finishing 2nd or 3rd is the best result for WC.
- Geelong are the most entitled team in the league. Even moreso than Collingwood.

Hated:

- The standard of commentary (again).
- The goal review system (again).
- The devotion to Gil.
- The fact Brisbane look like a future juggernaut in waiting.
- Still mad that WC didn't draft Stack and it's been that way since the national draft.

Liked- Eric Hipwood's 5 goals in 10 minutes of playing time.

Learnt- Carlton are in a good spot and whoever gets the head coaching gig will be coming in at the right time.

Hated- AS USUAL- The massive interpretation grey areas from umpire to umpire in individual games let alone across the competition, holding the ball/dropping the ball/incorrect disposal/prior opportunity.

Liked - good on Rhyce Shaw for doing his coaching credentials no harm. Didn’t have the best career at Collingwood but everything since that he’s produced as a player and person has been first class.

Learned - Without heat, every side in the competition can be shown up as making up the numbers. Collingwood are exactly as good as I suspected they were.

Hated - 5.7.37. Abysmal. Limp.

Liked- the effort from blues players
Learnt- if the effort and desire are there a team can win despite players missing and losing a good player early in a game.
Hated- no multi bets up due to upsets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: Some underdogs winning. Brisbane winning again, we will be in a semi final this year. Our growth has been so organic you can just tell we will become an elite team.

Learnt: Cats and Pies very, very vulnerable. Pies lost and Cats will trip up again soon. West Coast, GWS top favourites for mine.

Hated: Commentators are just destroying our game. Go back to the mantra that the game is the game and that's it.

Liked- the lotto numbers.
Learnt- I didn't have em.
Hated- the fact I didn't have em.
Liked- Essendon season still alive [along with many others]
Learnt- Rule interpretations are worse than the rules themselves.
Hated- A ball can cross the line hit the back of a padded goal post and be called a point, yet same shot on unpadded area above is a goal.

Liked: Maddie's Match emotion. Was a friend of Maddie's from years back and love this occasion. Was a really emotional day.

Learnt: The Bulldogs have some fight left.

Hated: St Kilda fading away again late in a game. I thought we were meant to be amongst the fittest teams in hte competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked, Learnt, Hated - Round 15, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back