Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Never understand this.

The club would have chatted to Rohan and told him that they wouldn’t be offering him another contract. Rohan with the club’s backing, then announces his retirement.

Nicer way to go out.

Wouldn't this just give Rohan more flexibility though? If he is a delisted cree agent he can sign with anyone. Not saying anyone is going to pick him up, but we don't know if there is interest somewhere. If he is pushed to retire and hasn't tested the waters but still wants to play, it may not be the right thing to show to potential suitors.

Never understand this.

The club would have chatted to Rohan and told him that they wouldn’t be offering him another contract. Rohan with the club’s backing, then announces his retirement.

Nicer way to go out.
The only way it makes sense is if Rohan thinks he can play again next year for someone. Otherwise I don't see why he wouldn't just announce it as a retirement.

Wouldn't this just give Rohan more flexibility though? If he is a delisted cree agent he can sign with anyone. Not saying anyone is going to pick him up, but we don't know if there is interest somewhere. If he is pushed to retire and hasn't tested the waters but still wants to play, it may not be the right thing to show to potential suitors.
I think this is exactly what happened. They would have given him the tap on the shoulder but he wanted to play on so they've just made it as easy as possible for him to find a new club

If your workplace was giving you the arse because your performance was sub par, however you thought you still had something left to offer/didn't want to give it up just yet and another company came and asked you the question, you'd take it.

AFL is a different world but working is working.

worst 200 game player since Anthony Rock
Outlandish statement.

Rocky was decent enough, played in a flag against your mob- was one of our best during that period where we were good enough and hopefully made you cry that day.

Harry Cunningham says hold my phone... definitely worse.
but Mark Bayes? Decent player Mark Browning? Lucky he didn't quite make it with 198. Stuey Maxfield was about equal with Rocky imo.

I'm too young to really remember specifics about Anthony Rocca...over 400 goals is what I see. Was he really that bad? Or is it one of those ongoing Bigfooty jokes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm too young to really remember specifics about Anthony Rocca...over 400 goals is what I see. Was he really that bad? Or is it one of those ongoing Bigfooty jokes?
yes,

Enjoy

Adam Kennedy from gws has retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back