Women's Footy Lions AFLW 2024 (Season 9) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that there's no visibility of AFLW players who aren't in the senior side, at all clubs, so unless there's an insider in the forum I don't think you're going to get a response.

What I will say is that she looked a fair way off the pace in her one appearance last season.
Ok. I have been a keen supporter of Jade's and wanting to attend a game to cheer her on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very problematic that North are undefeated with a percentage over 300
As long as we cement ourselves into second, what NM does becomes irrelevant until the last day of the season at the earliest.

It is quite a well balanced team at present. Gold Coast are talking a big game for a team with one draw to their name this season. We need the win and the percentage with this one.

Looking ahead, it will be interesting to see what sorts of players we are after in the draft to complement this group. I assume the usual pillaging will occur from other clubs so we may lose a few. We aren’t carrying too many passengers in the list. Maybe Lutkins will call it a day. Maybe Pregelj. Or a Svarc, although both seem a bit timeless.

Ally and Koenen and Campbell are tipping 30 but seem to have at least one or two more in them. The rest of the squad are mid-twenties or younger. Maybe the advantage of being continually raided, it does reinvigorate the list!

Hope we're able to integrate Sophie Peters and Evie Long to our team on a permanent basis even when Orla returns eventually.
I'm looking forward to Rania Crozier getting her chance as well. For a tall player her follow up work and speed for ground ball was really good pre draft.

This is good commentary tbh. There needs to be some league wide buy-in from all of the teams that you actually have to try to play entertaining football to get the buy-in from the broader public and eyeballs on the sport. No one is going to watch these types of games where 1 goal is kicked in a half and they're playing 1-3 behind the ball. I know Starce has put this on the agenda.

This is good commentary tbh. There needs to be some league wide buy-in from all of the teams that you actually have to try to play entertaining football to get the buy-in from the broader public and eyeballs on the sport. No one is going to watch these types of games where 1 goal is kicked in a half and they're playing 1-3 behind the ball. I know Starce has put this on the agenda.

Plus they want to run the AFLW season at the same time as the men's comps

Kate McCarthy continues to deliver as a footy commentator/pundit. Knows her shit and gets straight to the point.

Kate McCarthy continues to deliver as a footy commentator/pundit. Knows her shit and gets straight to the point.
Also pleasing to see her rocking her Lions gear in the lead up to the mens grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Lions AFLW 2024 (Season 9) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back