Lions the new Premiership Favourites?

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
My tip to win it now. Not going out on a limb in saying that seeing as though they've won 8 straight etc. But I feel the form that they're in and the experience they have along with last years heartache will see them go on to win it this year.

Who can stop The Lions juggernaut?

They're not ahead of the pack, Bulldogs imo the form team in the comp. I think if Sydney get back to form can definitely challenge them, still almost beat them at the Gabba.

Dogs.
To beat Carlton, Geelong in Geelong and Sydney in Sydney is amazing. Rory Lobb looks to have found his calling in defense.

I have seen Sydney's situation before. Team dominant for a greater part of the year, wind down a little as we approach finals, then come good at the business end. Sydney would still be favourites in my book, but a good case can be made for Brisbane Lions. Other teams will need to have everything go right for them to challenge for the flag. Who knows, in three weeks time, I may change my mind .... again :)

I have seen Sydney's situation before. Team dominant for a greater part of the year, wind down a little as we approach finals, then come good at the business end. Sydney would still be favourites in my book, but a good case can be made for Brisbane Lions. Other teams will need to have everything go right for them to challenge for the flag. Who knows, in three weeks time, I may change my mind .... again :)
Yeah we were written off midway through 2018, Pies late last season. Horse probably felt he could take it easy with the minor in the bag, but I still see some real vulnerabilities.

Yeah we were written off midway through 2018, Pies late last season. Horse probably felt he could take it easy with the minor in the bag, but I still see some real vulnerabilities.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think all teams are there to be beaten. I just see Sydney and Brisbane as in better shape than the others.

Absolutely. If Brissie don't win it from here, it would be an abject failure.

At $4.60 we’re rated a 21.7% chance of winning it.

That’s only a little more likely than rolling a 6, when you roll a 6-sided die.

Reality dictates that it’s still far more likely we do not win it, than win it. Sydney are also still shorter than us.

What a strange season.

An argument could be made for the Lions, Dogs & Hawks to represent the 2nd-4th best teams in the league (Sydney have still earned number 1), with all 3 sides sitting in the bottom 7 of the ladder as little as 6 weeks ago,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney were awful this week, however they were very good at the Gabba last week after getting in game injuries. I think it will only take 1 good win in the next few weeks to turn it around.

At the moment it’s brisbanes premiership to lose from here.

Western bulldogs coming with a wet sail..

It’s not uncommon for a side in Sydney’s position to drop a bunch of games in the second half of the year as they are essentially guaranteed top two.

It’s a very open race and will be dictated by form and injury to an extent.

Just happy Sydney look to have rejoined the pack and it's an open question again. Was looking like a pretty dull finals series for a couple of months there.
Even the greatest team can stumble on grand final day. There are few guarantees in AFL, now more than ever.

I worry about Dockers on the road they don’t have a great away record
they have won most of their games on the road this season..

lost during reach around in Adelaide against Carlton (should have won)
lost to Bulldogs after the bye (common with Freo)
always lose in Tasmania

won in Sydney, won in Melbourne, won in Alice Springs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions the new Premiership Favourites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back