Lions the new Premiership Favourites?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen Sydney's situation before. Team dominant for a greater part of the year, wind down a little as we approach finals, then come good at the business end. Sydney would still be favourites in my book, but a good case can be made for Brisbane Lions. Other teams will need to have everything go right for them to challenge for the flag. Who knows, in three weeks time, I may change my mind .... again :)
I agree with your wind down and come good basis wrt Sydney. But geez no one expected that last night. I wouldn’t know what t expect of Sydney now.

I got on the Lions at $9 and Bullies at $21, so I’m hoping for that GF.

We just destroyed the Saints who beat Swans are you happy
Lions should be strong premiership favourites right now (I haven't checked the odds, just a gut feel).

They haven't been terrible at the G in finals lately (just one shocker against Geelong 2022) and probably won't have to play an MCG tenant on GF day anyway.

They are very finals experienced.

It's a mature group but with enough young kids to stop it being stale.

Their form line is the best and many recent premiers have a similar form line from the middle of the year.

They will very likely have two home finals.

It is overall a weak contending pack.

I'd say yes. They can win on the G now. Probably the in form side at the moment. Have matchwinners on every line.

Their defence is good enough to withstand an evenly matched midfield. Feel like that's the key this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then there were 3...

Lions, GWS and Bulldogs are easily the inform teams going into August. The last month leading into September usually lines up with how the finals play out (last year being the exception given the Pies's losing form).

Still lots to play out and it's going to be injuries that will dictate the fortunes of each of the listed above. I think they have their form right at the right time.

What's cracking me up is that the Blues are at risk of dropping out. Just work with me for a moment but can you imagine what will play out if Essendon make it at the expense of the Blues? My oh my...

GWS...

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still not convinced about them. Beat or go close to beating us at the Gabba and I’ll take notice of GWS. I think the Giants will lose to us and the Dogs in the final round and finish 7th or 8th. Semi or prelim is where I think they’ll finish.

Reckon Dogs should be favourites. Should finish top four and the GF is in Melbourne. If they avoid Brissy at the Gabba in finals I’d back them to make the GF and win it against a non Vic opponent.

Port maybe, but can’t see them making the GF if they don’t keep winning and crack top two.

Wouldn’t write off Carlton yet either. Could still sneak into 4th if they win their last three. Big if, though. From there, anything can happen. But I reckon a Vic side like the Blues if they regain form would be more of a threat to the Dogs at the G than Brissy. That said, I do think we can beat the Dogs but not confident by any stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions the new Premiership Favourites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back